How many of us here are from the United Kingdom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha agreed, although I'm driving to my parents in Wales late on Xmas eve, so if it could hold off until about 1 am I'd be grateful!

I've done that run a few times when my folks used to live down the North Wales coast (mum's Welsh). Trying to get up Rhuallt hill, or down it for that matter, in driving snow was leathal!! :eek:

I've done that run a few times when my folks used to live down the North Wales coast (mum's Welsh). Trying to get up Rhuallt hill, or down it for that matter, in driving snow was leathal!! :eek:

South Wales for me - they live near London but own a place in the Brecon Beacons and that's where we're convening for the festive period.

Brecon bloody Beacons in the snow...grim!

South Wales for me - they live near London but own a place in the Brecon Beacons and that's where we're convening for the festive period.

Brecon bloody Beacons in the snow...grim!

Brrrr, feeling cold already!!

I can assure you Rhuallt hill is still a deathtrap!

No surprise there. I even did the drop down into Dyserth in the snow one winter :eek:. Never again, had to stop for 10 mins at the bottom to calm down!!

Only the dream of sun keeps me alive when it snows, I blame my parents , when my mother was pregnant with me they were emergrating to New Zealand but changed their minds . I was destined to live in a warm country lol

Only the dream of sun keeps me alive when it snows, I blame my parents , when my mother was pregnant with me they were emergrating to New Zealand but changed their minds . I was destined to live in a warm country lol

Just have to think of a way to warm you up on these cold dreary winter days...:)

It's pretty wild in the fens today . . . even the pidgeons are walking!

flying+sheep.jpg

No snow in Manchester. In fact, its really sunny.

Bloody freezing, mind, but still sunny.

Bread finished, a slowly cooked dish for tonight, tea's brewing, the sun's out, and it's still bloody wuthering! :rolleyes:

This thread made me giggle!

It's really not doing much to disprove the British stereotype of being obsessed about the weather! :D

Hi to the Brits out there, hope you're all having a good start to the weekend. My weather report reads no snow lying although it fell from the sky last night! Today has been a perfect winter day- sunny and crisp, lovely.

Life has got in the way of my Lit habit recently so I'm off to see what I've missed! :devil:

It's really not doing much to disprove the British stereotype of being obsessed about the weather! :D

Hi to the Brits out there, hope you're all having a good start to the weekend. My weather report reads no snow lying although it fell from the sky last night! Today has been a perfect winter day- sunny and crisp, lovely.

Life has got in the way of my Lit habit recently so I'm off to see what I've missed! :devil:

I guess there isn't a thread devoted to weather ? :)

It's from a multigrain & seed bread mix, and there'll only be half of it (if that much left) - you decide. Oh, and you'll have to wrest it from my husband first. :D

Two grown men fighting over multigrain and 'seed'? Whatever next :)

:):):):)
bread contains opiates! who knew!!!

i am in bed ...and staying here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back