The Old China Pearl Inn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps....after he finishes the honey-do list I've been compiling seeing as how I'm having to venture into his domain (yard work that is...).

I'm also battling an ant invasion in my morning room.... Little devils! Although I think I've managed to contain them to just the one room... Is funny how well chalk really does work.

I'm a big fan of RAID myself and ant traps. The little shits keep invading my kitchen but I have a little surprise waiting for them at every entrance. *shudders at the mention of a honey do list since everything is on my do list already* It's a shame High School kids have no interest in making money with actual labor anymore. I'd gladly pay a neighborhood kid $10 an hour to pull these friggin weeds.

Sorry guys... Am going to have to head out before I zonk out on the couch and be late for service in the morning... Can't keep my halo if I do that!

Darn muscle relaxers cramped my writing this evening, but at least I should be able to sleep... until I go to turn over. :rolleyes:

Sweet dreams and sticky fingers whenever you seek your sheets...

I'm a big fan of RAID myself and ant traps. The little shits keep invading my kitchen but I have a little surprise waiting for them at every entrance. *shudders at the mention of a honey do list since everything is on my do list already* It's a shame High School kids have no interest in making money with actual labor anymore. I'd gladly pay a neighborhood kid $10 an hour to pull these friggin weeds.

I tried bribing my kids with $20... They said I was "infringing" on their last summer weekend.

Thorald

Popping into the Inn, all caught up on posts for the first time in a week and ready for a drink. I pour myself a generous Vodka on the rocks and plop three olives in for fun and dirty it up just for a change of pace.

Looking around to see who may be about, I spy a new face and bid him welcome.

"Hi Thorald, good to meet you." Extending my hand, "I'm HF, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm not sure how many fighters you'll find here, most tend to fall into the lover category." Giving him a wink.

"Glad, Angel, DW,CG and dragon! Good to see you all are well and enjoying the weekend. I think it's a good evening to throw some meat on the grill and see what happens."

I grab the hand and shake it properly. "Thank you HF and greetings to everybody that is visiting the Inn. Mm barbecue is perfect in the evening when you can enjoy the light of fire that licks the meat and makes it crispy. Well everybody wants to join or be recruited by the army of lovers but only a few are good enough to qualify. You seem to be a jolly fellow but it is gloomy that nobody even noticed my replies but they are to busy with each other I guess."

I grab the hand and shake it properly. "Thank you HF and greetings to everybody that is visiting the Inn. Mm barbecue is perfect in the evening when you can enjoy the light of fire that licks the meat and makes it crispy. Well everybody wants to join or be recruited by the army of lovers but only a few are good enough to qualify. You seem to be a jolly fellow but it is gloomy that nobody even noticed my replies but they are to busy with each other I guess."

Popping into the Inn for some morning coffee, I pour a cup, make a fresh pot and stoke the fire.

"Morning Thorald. Holiday weekends can be a bit slow for folks. Family plans and whatnot. One never knows who may pop in" Taking a long sip of the much needed brew.

"Morning dragon, and any who may be about."

Ah through some meat on the grill and a charbroil feast is always and excellent way to spend a weekend evening Thorald.

Oh there is a rather talented blacksmith in the village at the base of the hill is forge is by the quayside. I am sure he can do whatever you need done to repair armor or blade.

Popping into the Inn for some morning coffee, I pour a cup, make a fresh pot and stoke the fire.

"Morning Thorald. Holiday weekends can be a bit slow for folks. Family plans and whatnot. One never knows who may pop in" Taking a long sip of the much needed brew.

"Morning dragon, and any who may be about."

Morning. Why are there no ideas?

There are always ideas dragon, some are better than others, but there are always ideas.

*heading to the bar for a drink and mixing an evening beverage before I sit in my chair to write.*

*walks into the Inn a little less gingerly than before and takes a spot on her normal couch, pad and pencil in hand, determined to get at least 2-3 responses in before succumbing to the evening libation already running through her system*

Evening all...

Sorry, Thorald... I was a bit, um.... confuzzled.... yesterday due to some pain medicine and was lucky to have my fingers typing close to what my fuzzy brain was trying to get them to type.

*blushing in recollection of his comment about her smile and charm*

I see we have yet another silver tongued devil gracing the Inn...

Raising my head from my writing I see Angel enter the Inn.

"Hey Trouble, How's it going?" Giving her a warm hug, "I see it'a pretty quiet here tonight, people must me doing the Holiday thing."

*gives HF a quick peck on the cheek*

Hey there... Aye, it's been a tad quiet. Hopefully people are enjoying themselves. I get to go to an impromptu picnic tomorrow if the rain holds off.

I suppose yours will be filled with dangerous cooking (ala grilling)? ;)

I fired up the grill last night and tonight, not sure what I'll do tomorrow. I had to bob and weave around a few raindrops tonight while cooking, but nothing that would stop me.

Despite the Holiday I do have some administrivia that I need to get done tomorrow, so I'll be working a bit. Hopefully not too much.

We had nothing but clear skies the last two days... Until I went outside in my white t-shirt to move the 10 (!!!!!) bags of yard debris to the curb for trash pick up tomorrow morning.... Was dragging the first 2 across the lawn when the skies opened up... By the time I was finished, I should have just had one of my kids throw me some shampoo and finish my shower outside. :rolleyes:

Laffin.. I got 5 bags to the curb today, but no wet t-shirt shows in my neighborhood... dammit. Best I could muster was a stinky sweaty t-shirt and no takers on seeing that show for long wither. Fortunately, the AC was working and the shower was wet and cool.

Ohhh and the next landscape designer who tells me sticker bushes are a good design element gets kicked in some tender bits.

Tell me about it! I have a hedge run on 30-some barberry bushes that hate me... Well as much as bushes can hate I reckon. But they snag my clothes and tug at my hair... And not in the manner I would prefer. :D

Yep Barberry are the ones I'm talking about, had to crawl behind them, they're about 8 feet tall, to get some rascally weeds and I cused an epic blue streak. I'm now patiently waiting for the hate mail from my neighbors! :eek:

Just bribe them with some grilled offerings and I'm sure all will be forgiven. :)

Always a wise plan. Hot meat can cure many ills. ;)

Sadly dear, I need to head off early tonight. I was up very late the last few nights and I need to get some shuteye. I look forward to what you have in store for Bill and Jim. As always they anxiously await your devious attentions. ;)

Goodnight and...

*blows a kiss in HF's direction*

Aye, there's something about hot meat indeed. ;)

Sweet dreams, partner... I'll take care of the second half later. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back