Unreasonable Attacks

I have seen a lot of comments where the troll says "so you removed my comment like I knew you would."

And on the rare occasion I've deleted and gotten this response (maybe three times in nearly 700 stories), I've quickly deleted that comment as well and haven't had to repeat. My view is that they've gotten the message on their ineffectiveness in this specific instance and that it frustrates them more than anything they did frustrated me.

I don't erase many comments but I feel no constraints not to if I want to. That's being free of the troll's control, because both if you feel you have to leave them all up or that you have to erase everything you don't like, that's when you are being controlled.

Last edited:
Oh.......

I'll leave it at that, the comments are suffering from three stooge's syndrome and are jammed together unable to get past each other.

I'm sure your alts know who you are.

I'd tell you to have this poster come forward, but I'm sure I know who it is and I've already slammed a lot of holes in them when they were trying to tell me all about you.

Carry on with your delusions, pilot. I feel bad for you.

Not that I see any reason for you to get into this wrangle again, but . . .

As usual with your tinfoil-hatted comments (on me and other things), I'll just be amused that I posted the exact truth (and that someone other than me--and you--here knows it).

In neither case of the approaches to me via Internet discussion board contact was it someone who wanted to attack me--it was someone who wanted to meet me. But in the latter case, at least, it's something I didn't welcome as I want to keep my worlds completely separate. Even my erotica publishers don't know who I am (or, if they've found out, they are respecting my need for separation of worlds). You had occasion to know who I really am (and even showed you did by trying to out me twice on this board--both times being deleted by the administration), but, as you don't want to accept who I really am, you have the capacity in your own mind to blot out the truth. That's one of your specialties here.

Having noted I think Lovecraft is exhibiting his tinfoil-hatted nature again (no, I don't think for a nanosecond that Laurel has created Scouries), I think it would be dishonest not to note the flip side to this. I think Laurel has been a whole lot quicker to call Lovecraft (and me) trolls for pointing to the increasing nonfunctionality of this Web site, which has increased the need for users to do traffic control for other users here that the Web site isn't doing--and is causing the need for doing--than she ever was over a decade to call out Scouries for his lies of a sponsorship relationship with the Web site and his downright malicious behavior toward the Web site and other users.

And the obvious inference from that is that Scouries is good for business and pointing to the emperior's clothes as getting increasingly shabby and nonexistent isn't good for business (no matter how true it is).

Having noted I think Lovecraft is exhibiting his tinfoil-hatted nature again (no, I don't think for a nanosecond that Laurel has created Scouries), I think it would be dishonest not to note the flip side to this. I think Laurel has been a whole lot quicker to call Lovecraft (and me) trolls for pointing to the increasing nonfunctionality of this Web site, which has increased the need for users to do traffic control for other users here that the Web site isn't doing--and is causing the need for doing--than she ever was over a decade to call out Scouries for his lies of a sponsorship relationship with the Web site and his downright malicious behavior toward the Web site and other users.

And the obvious inference from that is that Scouries is good for business and pointing to the emperior's clothes as getting increasingly shabby and nonexistent isn't good for business (no matter how true it is).

Incorrect. I called scouries out as a troll long before you ever joined the forum. I've neither the time nor the inclination to follow a user around shouting at him for 10 years. His actions are self-apparent. Everyone knows he's a troll. Most have him on ignore. He is a non-issue. And I think you know this.

There is no "increasing nonfunctionality" of the site. That is an untruth that you like to spread on every thread, despite the fact that I've explained - more than once, to you - that we are in the process of completely reworking the site. Because we are not wealthy people and have added features to it as we have been able to afford to do so over the years using various programmers, the parts are incongruent.

The site is massive, in the hundreds of thousands of pages - all of which must be reworked. And it cannot be done all at once. We make a small change, then spend time bug-testing and fixing. Sometimes we must go backwards. This is the way it works. Anyone who has any web development knowledge knows this. Things take time. There is no way around that.

The fact of the matter is that the site is much more functional than it was a year ago, and moreso than five years ago, and by fall there will be more functionality. We've spent the last spring building a new chat from the ground up which will be able to house many thousands of simultaneous chatters. We've reworked the entire underbelly of the site. We are now improving the site security, and will soon launch features that will make user accounts exceptionally secure.

I have explained that to you many times. Instead of saying, "Okay, thank you for the explanation, I will wait and see how things go," you completely ignore my every explanation, or find some conspiracy in it ("she's awfully defensive, isn't she!") and continue to follow me around the board yelling about every problem - and often non-problems - you think you see with the site.

Over the last year, I have personally worked to keep the story pending time to as close to a 48-hour period as possible. I have added a thread where authors can go to see what the current time should be. No matter what I do, still you follow me around, raging and insulting me at every turn.

And the irony of it all is that at the same time you are berating me for all the things wrong with the site that I should be spending time personally fixing, you are also berating me for not spending all my time following around scouries and calling him a troll.

And that is why I have no interest in talking to you, LC, or scouries. Because experience has shown me that the three of you have little interest in improving the site. You want to tear it down, to slander its ownership and the site itself. I am willing to - and I do, every day - discuss site issues with people who see weaknesses and want to help improve things. I am not willing to be insulted, berated, and yelled at constantly. That is not a good use of my time and it is not enjoyable.

So, the three of you will have to go on without me because I'm not going to address the three of you anymore.

T
There is no "increasing nonfunctionality" of the site.

This is the incredibly blinders on crap from you that drives me up the wall. Just run down the home pages and take note at all the functions that no longer work here. The advice column and chat board that no longer exist, the "sneak peek" at the to-come favorites listing that's been to come for as long as I've been posting here. The announcement on contests was two years old until that was finally gotten through to you. The "Members Index" list you have to use to find an author because they don't all come up on the "Author's Index." The mucked-up top story lists. Your pathetic blurped tossing out of a couple of months' worth of monthly contest results--from two and a half years ago (and not notifying the winners they won something two and a half years ago). The lapsed annual contest without bothering to just announce its dead. The dying survivor's contest. The "e-mail" buttons that don't lead to anything you answer. The "report this" buttons that have no effect. The rampant toleration of copyright violation on the boards. The lack of active response on a massive theft of material from here by E.F. Turner. The volunteer editor's program that's in such a shambles that it does more harm than good. Twice recently having to be reminded to announce a regular theme contest. Your letting a thread run for years on the GBLT board that you were considering opening a bi category but stating on the Feedback board that you aren't considering anything like that.

Who do you think you're kidding? Get real.

For what Scouries has continued to claim in a relationship to this Web site, a Web site not considering him good business would have just zeroed him out. Just the dead baby incident should have been enough to zero him out. Who cares what you did ten years ago in response to him that you didn't do in the intervening years until just a couple of weeks ago?

Tearing down the site? Lady, I've been here daily doing traffic control for other users because of the shabbiness of your site--not to mention considerable time and effort in defending the site, including on this thread. (I know, I know. Your answer is that if I don't like it, go away. That answer could be tolerated if you weren't so "everything's just hunky dory" about it. That's disgusting.)

Oh, right, I'm the troll, so you conveniently will just put your blinders back on and act that butter wouldn't melt in your mouth. (I'm dying to see if you actually replace a theme contest, since you quite obviously only floated that question to distract attention from elsewhere on the boards. You're good at entertaining ideas and doing nothing with them.)

Last edited:
I have no complaints.

Still hoping for Poetry Tags someday.

Got about 40 nitwits on Ignore mostly cluttering up the GB with useless back n forth blather.

I have no complaints.

Still hoping for Poetry Tags someday.

Got about 40 nitwits on Ignore mostly cluttering up the GB with useless back n forth blather.

:heart: Poetry tags are coming. They're in line behind a few other things, but they are coming. :rose:

I don't think you understand what "they are coming" means here. :rolleyes:

When it happens, it will happen.

Submitting here is voluntary and I'm not entitled to anything, no matter how many reads and votes I accumulate.

I have my own website for getting my writing exposed to the masses.

When it happens, it will happen.

Submitting here is voluntary and I'm not entitled to anything, no matter how many reads and votes I accumulate.

I have my own website for getting my writing exposed to the masses.

I imagine if you claimed your Web site was providing something it didn't you probably should expect to have someone point that out, though.

I imagine if you claimed your Web site was providing something it didn't you probably should expect to have someone point that out, though.

I imagine that 8 years is a long time to stay at a place that doesn't live up to my expectations.

T

This is the incredibly blinders on crap from you that drives me up the wall. Just run down the home pages and take note at all the functions that no longer work here. The advice column and chat board that no longer exist, the "sneak peek" at the to-come favorites listing that's been to come for as long as I've been posting here. The announcement on contests was two years old until that was finally gotten through to you. The "Members Index" list you have to use to find an author because they don't all come up on the "Author's Index." The mucked-up top story lists. Your pathetic blurped tossing out of a couple of months' worth of monthly contest results--from two and a half years ago (and not notifying the winners they won something two and a half years ago). The lapsed annual contest without bothering to just announce its dead. The dying survivor's contest. The "e-mail" buttons that don't lead to anything you answer. The "report this" buttons that have no effect. The rampant toleration of copyright violation on the boards. The lack of active response on a massive theft of material from here by E.F. Turner. The volunteer editor's program that's in such a shambles that it does more harm than good. Twice recently having to be reminded to announce a regular theme contest. Your letting a thread run for years on the GBLT board that you were considering opening a bi category but stating on the Feedback board that you aren't considering anything like that.

Who do you think you're kidding? Get real.

For what Scouries has continued to claim in a relationship to this Web site, a Web site not considering him good business would have just zeroed him out. Just the dead baby incident should have been enough to zero him out. Who cares what you did ten years ago in response to him that you didn't do in the intervening years until just a couple of weeks ago?

Tearing down the site? Lady, I've been here daily doing traffic control for other users because of the shabbiness of your site--not to mention considerable time and effort in defending the site, including on this thread. (I know, I know. Your answer is that if I don't like it, go away. That answer could be tolerated if you weren't so "everything's just hunky dory" about it. That's disgusting.)

Oh, right, I'm the troll, so you conveniently will just put your blinders back on and act that butter wouldn't melt in your mouth. (I'm dying to see if you actually replace a theme contest, since you quite obviously only floated that question to distract attention from elsewhere on the boards. You're good at entertaining ideas and doing nothing with them.)

I would like to add something to this post.....

But you left nothing for me. Well stated.

Well, no, I could add how it was several forum posters who spent a lot of time gathering information on all the stories Turner stole from lit and not the site.

I could add, that I troll B(I will be troll B because pilot has been here longer) was the one who brought it to the attention of other authors here and when the others gathered the list, I sent it to laurel,

I'll add that Troll A, pilot, went out of his way to try to raise some trouble for the thief on good reads to try to help discredit this thief.

Last I will add that the thread about the thief want well over 100 posts and not one from the owner of the site.

But we're trolls.

As for calling scouries a troll? He is beyond that and done more than enough to be banned, yet still flourishes here.

The other day a poster put a short story up in a thread in the AH. That post was removed by the site. The AH has no mod so someone reported it and the site removed it.

A rule was broken and it was removed. Scouries breaks the rules constantly, many of them, and....

So, okay, I did have stuff to add.

Now I am off to continue trolling.

I imagine that 8 years is a long time to stay at a place that doesn't live up to my expectations.

Me neither. Of course I devise my own expectations. Not to mention that eight years is a long time to be told some things are coming that never get here. But this is probably very easy for you. I haven't seen anything at all that you've done to help another user navigate this Web site. I guess if you make it all about you then you wouldn't get worried about confused users here. I mean you've got yours (such as it is), so screw everyone else. And you've been here ever so long to assess what's going on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Me neither. Of course I devise my own expectations. Not to mention that eight years is a long time to be told some things are coming that never get here. But this is probably very easy for you. I haven't seen anything at all that you've done to help another user navigate this Web site. I guess if you make it all about you then you wouldn't get worried about confused users here. I mean you've got yours (such as it is), so screw everyone else. And you've been here ever so long to assess what's going on. :rolleyes:

I've been here a few months helping others with their poetry.

And sending people into Lit from my personal website.

So ..... get over yourself.

I've been here a few months helping others with their poetry.

And sending people into Lit from my personal website.

So ..... get over yourself.

That's not navigating the Web site. So, gain a bit of experience in the issue before shooting your mouth off. You showed up like yesterday.

That's not navigating the Web site. So, gain a bit of experience in the issue before shooting your mouth off. You showed up like yesterday.

So you want credit for doing something other than submitting stories, even though you weren't asked to.

Hmmmm .........

I'm beginning to understand why there is a sense of entitlement around here.

Last edited:
So you want credit for doing something other than submitting stories, even though you weren't asked to.

Hmmmm .........

"Like button!"

Hmmmm .........

No, do try to stay on the topic. I have reviewed all of your posts since you arrived (perhaps you didn't know we could do that) and I haven't found you providing any help to any other user on how to navigate this Web site. That's what we're discussing here--the functionality of the Web site. We're not talking about what rhymes with your cat. You have no idea about the across-the-board functionality of this Web siet because you've spent what little time you've been here self-absorbed on finding a rhyme for cat rather than helping anyone else navigate the site as it exists.

Most of your posts have actually been pretty inane on any topic. Again, just by clicking your name on a post anyone else can trip through your posting history who wants to, including, of course, DarkPleasures.

Last edited:
People do love to complain. Human nature.

Truth. :) Everyone has stuff they'd like to see changed at their favorite sites. I know I do. So I totally get it when folks come to me with things they don't think work right or would like to see work differently. Some of our best features have come about as suggestions from writers and readers. But when EVERYTHING SUCKS, ALL THE TIME, then I start to wonder...

If you look at the posting histories of the three and see how they interact with other people, you'll see that it's not just me or the site. I would say that 90% of the arguments and flamewars in the AH involve at least of one of them.

People come to Internet discussion boards for various reasons. Some people love to flame, indulge in drama, fight, quarrel, debate, etc. This is totally cool so long as they're engaging in those activities with likeminded individuals.

Traditionally, the Gee Bee (General Board) has been the Wild West Flamer Haven, while the AH (Author's Hangout) was its more thoughtful, polite, reserved cousin. In general, people who post to the AH are not fans of conflict. They come to the site to have polite fun convos with other authors and readers.

A while back - before your time :D - I started receiving PMs from AHers who were annoyed that they felt they couldn't comment on anything without being rudely told they didn't know what they were talking about or called names, or that too many good threads would devolve into flame wars because of the actions of a minority.

I told them pretty much what I told authors on this thread - that flaming is not against the rules, and that they should put users who make them unhappy on Ignore. Engage people who do make them happy. Start fun positive threads. And the AH is by and large a more positive fun place than it was a year ago. There are fun threads with fun discussions, and the flamewars are contained on threads with those who like to flame participating.

I really appreciate the support I and the site have received here and via PM, and promise you all that we will continue to improve Lit, bringing you even more readers and more fun. :rose:

Only way to know-as far as dropping anon-would be to try it and see if there is a decrease. My opinion is it would, but only one way to find out.

Yeah, I don't believe in making changes just to test a theory. Sure there's a time and place for that kind of thinking. System changes or anything involving investment of time/money should have a cost-benefit analysis backing such action. So, far without even looking at any stats or numbers just based on the sheer logic of the arguments offered for and against I have to say that I wouldn't waste resources on making the kind of change you're suggesting for any of the reasons you've provided in this thread. But that's just me.

I don't think my method is head on. Head on would be commenting back and arguing with them. I just let the comments stand and never delete or reply. I would say my approach is apathy, I show them I don;t care and it takes their steam away.

My apologies. I was referring to your behaviour in the forums. Same with JBJ. I haven't come across any of your comments in the stories section to know how you handle things. And the few that I've seen from JBJ, he's been pretty civil and on topic.

I have seen a lot of comments where the troll says "so you removed my comment like I knew you would."

In my opinion that's the proof you're better off letting it stand. The author who removed this idiot's comment allowed him an opening to tell everyone "he removes comments"

Bottom line is its all stupid and unnecessary, but people are mostly stupid and many are unnecessary so there you go.

One thing that annoys me is authors who delete anything but glowing praise. Even "Not as good as the last chapter, but still liked it" will be removed.

To me that's a sign of arrogance, not just being thin skinned.

Whatever you do, don't do what this author's done.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/storyfeedbackboard.php?id=912724&page=#cid3057324

:D

Or maybe after 8 years you come to care about a place and start giving a damn. Even though I don't agree with Pilot (sr71plt, I hope you don't mind me referring to you as such but it's annoying to type up your user name) I can understand the frustration that comes with seeing something you care about failing to live up to its potential.

Hmmmm .........

This was an unfair remark when it's clear he's mentioning those things after being accused of being a troll. I don't think it was fair of Laurel to call him that. But then again I'm not the one being badgered despite repeatedly explaining my (in)actions.

No, do try to stay on the topic. I have reviewed all of your posts since you arrived (perhaps you didn't know we could do that) and I haven't found you providing any help to any other user on how to navigate this Web site. That's what we're discussing here--the functionality of the Web site. We're not talking about what rhymes with your cat. You have no idea about the across-the-board functionality of this Web siet because you've spent what little time you've been here self-absorbed on finding a rhyme for cat rather than helping anyone else navigate the site as it exists.

Most of your posts have actually been pretty inane on any topic. Again, just by clicking your name on a post anyone else can trip through your posting history who wants to, including, of course, DarkPleasures.

I can't believe you actually checked his post history. N00b status aside, he's from the poetry forum, they all have a bug up their ass like they're better than any of the other writers because they can write poems which do not rhyme. And if he spent time trying to find words rhyming with cat it shows how much lower on the scale he is.

Since no one wants to read their crap this is how they're trying to get more than 3 people to check their stuff. I bet he's excitedly fapping now thinking about how he made you read his tripe- he assaulted the GB with some of his poems so I feel for you if you did really go through his history. :rose:

The topic was started by NymphWriter and had nothing to do with non-functionality of Lit.

Nice try though.

A while back - before your time :D - I started receiving PMs from AHers who were annoyed that they felt they couldn't comment on anything without being rudely told theysdidn't know what they were talking about or called names, or that too many good threads would devolve into flame wars because of the actions of a minority.

I told them pretty much what I told authors on this thread - that flaming is not against the rules, and that they should put users who make them unhappy on Ignore. Engage people who do make them happy. Start fun positive threads. And the AH is by and large a more positive fun place than it was a year ago. There are fun threads with fun discussions, and the flamewars are contained on threads with those who like to flame participating.

I really appreciate the support I and the site have received here and via PM, and promise you all that we will continue to improve Lit, bringing you even more readers and more fun. :rose:

Before my time, eh?

Funny story ......

I was actually here about 6 years ago getting into a frackus with some members who were hot linking images from my personal website. Bandwidth theft was/is a hot button an issue for small time site operators like me ( and nowadays Google, Bing and Yahoo just blatantly steal from everyone ). I registered and tried to illustrate how to post photos whilst giving credit and a back link to the photo owners. The fact that I used affiliate links was cause for me to be pegged as a spammer. I understand that the subsequent banishment was the result of a misunderstanding.

Despite that, I'm back again. This time around, I know better than to police the activity of Lit members. Literotica is not my site, no matter how much of my content ends up here voluntarily or involuntarily.

Back