Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, I snorted my hayfever medicine and now my head feels floaty and I can't find Seldom Used words. :(
(I hope this isn't Misquote the Person Above You :eek:)

Try Loratadine. It's non-drowsy...

I can only use this one. The others make me manic and riddled with anxst, LOL. It's a nasal spray called Avamys. I don't want to know what's in it as it enables me to survive the summer. I tried everything! Acupuncture, herbal medicines, even six whole months without any dairy products :eek:

Ye gods. And some fools pay a fortune for nasty drugs ?

Not here! As the Cardiff City fans chant when they play a game at Bristol FC: "We got free prescriptions, we got free prescriptions, la la la la." Possibly the only time a social policy has made it into a football chant. :D

PS Luckily Ogg posted in Seldom Used, it rose to the top of the board and I found it!
:rose:

PennBoy discovered my tarot cards in the basement and is now sorting them into suits. Not sure what this portends. He opted against the Giger Tarot (since it's only the trump cards anyway) so -- whew.

And Giger gets on my nerves after a while anyway.

Does anyone know a good remedy for alleviating gout ?

A pal if mine is an Engineer, but has a problem with attacks of gout in his hands.
Medical science does not seem to have a good fix for the problem and he's heard mention of something to do with Cherries.

PM if you have good info please. He's been a good mate to me in the past.

I beat the piss out of the punching bag at the gym for the better part of a half hour tonight.

It's actually stuffed with fabrics. But I beat that fucker so hard, yeah, it pissed :nana:

When I was CID in the Army, I had a punching bag in my apartment for stress relief. After a few years, it was so wrapped in duct tape you could hardly see the original brown of the bag. :p

Even in June, a cold & windy day is no fun going shooting on a long range.

I've taken my new pistol out twice now since purchasing it on Father's Day. My range has been thankfully calm both times. But I've tried hitting the range when the winds were up. It presents a new challenge, but can be frustrating as hell.

Does anyone know a good remedy for alleviating gout ?

A pal if mine is an Engineer, but has a problem with attacks of gout in his hands.
Medical science does not seem to have a good fix for the problem and he's heard mention of something to do with Cherries.

PM if you have good info please. He's been a good mate to me in the past.

This guide which mentions cherries might be useful.

I use Chinese Medicine Balls (Baoding Balls) to exercise my hands. They help reduce the build up of uric acid BUT they can be painful to use the first time. I have several sets in different sizes. The smaller ones are better when in pain, and working up to larger sizes does help. The plain ones are better for medicinal use than the decorated ones.

China_Stainless_Iron_Exercise_Balls_with_Chiming_Set20111615392610.jpg

Those shown above are too large for beginners.

Last edited:
BTW in my first year up at Cambridge I managed to drink so much during May Week that I got gout! I woke up one morning with my toe swollen right up and in hideous agony. The doctor was very impressed and mystified that I had managed to get gout so young.
:rolleyes:

When I was CID in the Army, I had a punching bag in my apartment for stress relief. After a few years, it was so wrapped in duct tape you could hardly see the original brown of the bag. :p

The one bag at the gym is starting to fit that description (except is it black to begin with and they are using black tape on it). I didn't use that bag.

__

I dreamed I got into a fight with Jon Stamos at the train station on my way to school. He pulled off his belt and started whipping me with it. I let it hit my leather jacket clad arm, grabbed onto it, and pulled him into me. Scene change, I am now in class, and he is the professor and is still trying to goad me into a fight with him, and I am trying to trick him into admitting that he assaulted me this morning. He won and I tried to punch him in the face, despite Laurence Fishburn trying to talk me out of it. I leave the classroom with Laurence and we have a discussion about how wrong it was for me to throw that punch, and then he tries to steal snacks from the supermarket...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back