Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about submit my first short story to a fantasy magazine. I know it's good, I have a beta-reader who has helped with things, but I'm really nervous.

I can do this. Just hit submit.

I'm about submit my first short story to a fantasy magazine. I know it's good, I have a beta-reader who has helped with things, but I'm really nervous.

I can do this. Just hit submit.

Wow, how exciting! Hit submit and post the link in the published authors' thread, won't you?
:rose:

If I get published, sure :)

I'm going to have my reader take 1 more look at it before I submit just to make sure.

Oooh, no, I think it's already exciting that you got to the stage of thinking about getting it published! Congratulations.

LOL, I knew you'd be on that thread. I must go and check it out! Er, after I've read all your stories and reviewed them. :eek: (And after I've marked this load of essays.)

HP, that sounds so delicious! I am torn, as I only have a wretched netbook to listen to music through; I don't want to spoil Pavarotti's high Cs. Do you have any advice on speakers for some silly little netbook, which might enhance my listening experience without making it impossible to continue to feed my child? I can't bear it, I'm going to click on the link.

Frankly, Duchess, I'd suggest a decent pair of headphones.
A decent loudspeaker thingy can get quite tricky.
On the other hand you could download the file and play it on your Hi Fi. . .

Frankly, Duchess, I'd suggest a decent pair of headphones.
A decent loudspeaker thingy can get quite tricky.
On the other hand you could download the file and play it on your Hi Fi. . .

Hi Fi! My netbook is all I've got, LOL. I do everything on this. Including flip pancakes. :rolleyes:

I carry it round the house with me, crooning, *My precious* Gollum, gollum.

Headphones, then.

Piglet has some! but they are pink. :eek: I'm not sure I will look proper, going round the house in pink headphones, muttering *my precious* and trying to operate the hoover while keeping the headphones on my ears, LOL.

(I saw some highly elegant little mini speakers in fetching Orla Kiely patterns the other day for a very cheap price. Sigh, they will be rubbish, won't they.)

Piglet has some! but they are pink. :eek: I'm not sure I will look proper, going round the house in pink headphones, muttering *my precious* and trying to operate the hoover while keeping the headphones on my ears, LOL.

(I saw some highly elegant little mini speakers in fetching Orla Kiely patterns the other day for a very cheap price. Sigh, they will be rubbish, won't they.)

I doubt they'd be a deal of use, but some surprises may occasionally be had.

And here I sit, waiting for a reply that probably isn't coming, and if it does it probably won't be good :(

I know! You could post on an erotica site! That would be totally hilarious! ..... Oh.
:D
Bwahahaha. I was being pedantic on the erotica website. :p No hope for me now. :D

IsoBlurt: I just got an unfortunate haircut. It will take about a month to grow out. Uuuurghhh!

No no, dahlink. Your troubles are nothing. I am looking at a watch that doesn't even have a price listed for it. :(.

I thought I was safe; I always wanted the one with a black face and a single diamond at 12 but it was no use because it didn't have numbers on so I couldn't use it for teaching. And now, I've seen one with numbers, sigh. (And diamonds.)

Bwahahaha. I was being pedantic on the erotica website. :p No hope for me now. :D

IsoBlurt: I just got an unfortunate haircut. It will take about a month to grow out. Uuuurghhh!

I feel your pain. I went to the barber a few weeks ago while I was on a job in a small town and I didn't read the fine print in the corner of the window listing the barbers.

I ended up with "We Scalpum" Joan. Her idea of a businessman's hair cut leaves a lot to be desired. I went in with 14 inches of hair, donated the pony tail (12 inches) to Locks of Love and left with a max of 2 inches of hair. My hair hasn't been this short since I got out of the Marines. :eek:

I feel your pain. I went to the barber a few weeks ago while I was on a job in a small town and I didn't read the fine print in the corner of the window listing the barbers.

I ended up with "We Scalpum" Joan. Her idea of a businessman's hair cut leaves a lot to be desired. I went in with 14 inches of hair, donated the pony tail (12 inches) to Locks of Love and left with a max of 2 inches of hair. My hair hasn't been this short since I got out of the Marines. :eek:

My sympathies. I currently have a four-year-old's haircut. I guess I shouldn't have told her I want it shorter in the front. :(

OMG, I didn't understand a word of that! It sounds wicked, I want to do it too. :devil:
Okay, I have an obsession with ceramic (or plaster-of-Paris, or metal, or just about anything) dog figurines so I went to the local Goodwill to see if I could find any. :eek: You're welcome to join me the next time. :D

Bad haircut update: It doesn't look that bad when I air-dry it without putting in any products.

(Yes, I know you all are dying to know about every bit of my day today. :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back