Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes. I do know their whereabouts in Lit.:kiss: It's the real world that I miss. Haven't heard from either of them in awhile. You do realize that I sort of dated the infamous BOSTONFICTIONWRITER in real life, right? No details left here...

And, Tio? Not saying a word.;)

Care for a cosmo or two, my dear?:rose::heart::kiss:

It's really hard to concentrate on writing when there are three new kittens running around. They'll only be here until Saturday though.

:rolleyes: OK, complain (as an Anonymouse, of course), about the kind of sex in my chapter. But then to also ask why I signal whether a chapter is a story or a sex scene chapter! Duh, I did it so if you don't like gay sex - or cub/MILF sex in this case, you can skip that chapter and just read the story ones and the sex scenes you do think you'll like.

Still, some nice person came in after you and bumped me back up into Hot. Thank you! :rose:

Marking moderator from central office:
Totally Excellent! Struggling to find fault here! This student is lucky to have you!

Line manager:
Sorry I have been so late to pass this feedback on that it would be useless to you if it had pointed out any problems. I notice you had one comment which might possibly be obscure about a miniscule referencing issue. I hope you are going to be at that optional staff development event which takes all weekend even though you do have a child and would have to pay huge sums of money on childcare if you could be bothered to attend, you slacker.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Marking moderator from central office:
Totally Excellent! Struggling to find fault here! This student is lucky to have you!

Line manager:
Sorry I have been so late to pass this feedback on that it would be useless to you if it had pointed out any problems. I notice you had one comment which might possibly be obscure about a miniscule referencing issue. I hope you are going to be at that optional staff development event which takes all weekend even though you do have a child and would have to pay huge sums of money on childcare if you could be bothered to attend, you slacker.

What a quandary:

Dear Madam Line Manageress [female person]

As you so rightly point out, I have a daughter of young age who does require a Mother at frequent times.
Weekend IS one of those times.
So unless you are going to pay for
[a] Child care,
outrageous sums in wages and expenses, etc.,
I regret I must pass up this opportunity, however golden it may appear.
I must add that were I in a good position (with regard to family commitments, etc.,), I could be bothered to attend.

your etc..

[reminds me that there's a plot bunny here somewhere.]

What a quandary:

Dear Madam Line Manageress [female person]

As you so rightly point out, I have a daughter of young age who does require a Mother at frequent times.
Weekend IS one of those times.
So unless you are going to pay for
[a] Child care,
outrageous sums in wages and expenses, etc.,
I regret I must pass up this opportunity, however golden it may appear.
I must add that were I in a good position (with regard to family commitments, etc.,), I could be bothered to attend.

your etc..

[reminds me that there's a plot bunny here somewhere.]

LOL, I await that story with interest!

Thank you HP. I'm always cheered by your incredulity at the managers' weird and wonderful ways.
:rose:

The staff development events are infamously dreadful in our region and mainly consist of the managers going on and on about retention - which is not part of the staff remit so everyone is at a loss as to how this develops us. I might go for just the one day, then I can pop over the road to the gay pub afterwards and have a drink with the lovely ladies :devil:.

LOL, I await that story with interest!

Thank you HP. I'm always cheered by your incredulity at the managers' weird and wonderful ways.

The staff development events are infamously dreadful in our region and mainly consist of the managers going on and on about retention - which is not part of the staff remit so everyone is at a loss as to how this develops us. I might go for just the one day, then I can pop over the road to the gay pub afterwards and have a drink with the lovely ladies :devil:.

A pause for 'comments from the floor:-

Madam Manager,
You have referred many time to retention and how important you regard it; and quite rightly, too, in many eyes.
But you have not mentioned
[a] the retention rate in our area,
the management policy on reducing (one dare not say eliminating) 'wastage' thus alleviating the problems of retention
[c] and, lastly, what local management is doing about it, in practical terms, particularly with regard to equality, such as tutors who have families, etc..

A pause for 'comments from the floor:-

Madam Manager,
You have referred many time to retention and how important you regard it; and quite rightly, too, in many eyes.
But you have not mentioned
[a] the retention rate in our area,
the management policy on reducing (one dare not say eliminating) 'wastage' thus alleviating the problems of retention
[c] and, lastly, what local management is doing about it, in practical terms, particularly with regard to equality, such as tutors who have families, etc..

LOL, no I have completely the wrong idea about this. I say: "Ooh, retention. Well I have astronomically good retention on my modules, much better than anyone else. Does anyone want to know how well I teach, and how this leads to students being interested and therefore wanting to keep on studying on the module?" (By retention, they just mean persuading students not to flake off because their job/family/life took precedence over them writing essays.)

Unsurprisingly, the managers say, "Shut up, you are just a floozy, what do you know about it? We are not really asking your opinion, just showing we're doing something about a) retention, b) staff development by inappropriately combining the two."

These days I am more switched on and sit at the back sniggering with anyone I can get to look surreptitiously at old copies of Foucault's Archaeology of Knowledge, before nipping off to the pub.

Yes, I know it's been forever since I have been here. No, I don't think of you, unless it's to remember something putrid for feeling-real purposes. But I wouldn't want you to overthink that. I check in here often enough to see you've become a class A troll. Congrats, you always were good at poking the idiots. No, don't message me. You can't anyway. Muahaha.

I think I'm turning into the crazy cat guy. :p

What do you mean, becoming? :D

(I hope you are going to post piccies of those kittens in Naked! You don't have to be sensitive just because I'm waiting to hear if I become grandmother to an unanticipated litter, LOL.)

Dampy, darling! :kiss: I'm hoping for a big cat fight with MatthewVett about Foucault because he hates him and I love him. Are you going to join in? We could do it in mud if that adds to the appeal?

Dampy, darling! :kiss: I'm hoping for a big cat fight with MatthewVett about Foucault because he hates him and I love him. Are you going to join in? We could do it in mud if that adds to the appeal?
Haha. To be honest, my knowledge of Foucault is quite superficial. I read Archaeology this past semester, but that's all...so I really don't have any opinion on him.

But if there's mud wrestling involved, I'll watch and cheer (for Foucault, of course). ;) :D

Oh, you get those, too?

:p
Stop PMing the poor girl! :p

Haha. To be honest, my knowledge of Foucault is quite superficial. I read Archaeology this past semester, but that's all...so I really don't have any opinion on him.

But if there's mud wrestling involved, I'll watch and cheer (for Foucault, of course). ;) :D

Stop PMing the poor girl! :p

What's all this about Pendulums about then ?

(Don't ask, guys.)

I hope you come home with a fucking mega watt hangover cuz if you don't, I will make fucking sure you have a head like the seven circles of Hell by the end of tomorrow. :mad:

(Don't ask, guys.)

I hope you come home with a fucking mega watt hangover cuz if you don't, I will make fucking sure you have a head like the seven circles of Hell by the end of tomorrow. :mad:

Ouch!.
Can I come out of this trench now please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back