What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her fingers closed around the sphere and she grinned, broadly, winking at Nyte.

"Thank you. I owe you one."

The ball lobbed through the air, straight and true, right for SB's head.

Of course... little ole me just "may" get in trouble for this.. but it was too good to pass up... ;)

sitting

Sitting here bored of course, debating whether to go to sleep or just find someone to talk to on here until I go to work in a few hours...

Porridge...with cinnamon...

offers a spoonful with a grin back up over her shoulder

...care for a taste?

*brows raise and he nods happily, taking the offered spoonful*

Can't say I've ever actually had porridge before, actually. Though I do love me some cinnamon.

*brows raise and he nods happily, taking the offered spoonful*

Can't say I've ever actually had porridge before, actually. Though I do love me some cinnamon.

Mmm, cinnamon...

licks lips

...am a fan myself.

And porridge is good...warm and satisfying. I never used to like it though, but I think I just convinced myself in my youth that I wouldn't like it.

shrugs and smiles

...so, how's you? Feels ages since I got to chat with anyone around here!

Mmm, cinnamon...

licks lips

...am a fan myself.

And porridge is good...warm and satisfying. I never used to like it though, but I think I just convinced myself in my youth that I wouldn't like it.

shrugs and smiles

...so, how's you? Feels ages since I got to chat with anyone around here!

I have no idea if it's even close to the same, but we have something here called Cream of Wheat that I loved growing up. I always assumed it was at least close, but that could be entirely made up on my part for all I know.

*chuckles*

I'm pretty good, I suppose. Still trying to shake a headache that showed up earlier and seems to not want to leave. But otherwise not bad.

*grins*

I think the question I, and others, are far more interested in is, how are you!

I have no idea if it's even close to the same, but we have something here called Cream of Wheat that I loved growing up. I always assumed it was at least close, but that could be entirely made up on my part for all I know.

*chuckles*

I'm pretty good, I suppose. Still trying to shake a headache that showed up earlier and seems to not want to leave. But otherwise not bad.

*grins*

I think the question I, and others, are far more interested in is, how are you!

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your headache...and me?

smiles

Apart from a little discomfort, which is par for the course at this point, I'm fine.
A little frustrated that someone isn't here yet...but coping...just about!

winks

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your headache...and me?

smiles

Apart from a little discomfort, which is par for the course at this point, I'm fine.
A little frustrated that someone isn't here yet...but coping...just about!

winks

*chuckles*

I hope, for your sake, this is not a sign of things to come and getting them off to school in the morning won't be equally as difficult.

*grins a little*

Although I suspect you can get quite a stern look and teacher voice when you need to.

*chuckles*

I hope, for your sake, this is not a sign of things to come and getting them off to school in the morning won't be equally as difficult.

*grins a little*

Although I suspect you can get quite a stern look and teacher voice when you need to.

laughs

Hopefully not! But it's true...I can give quite the look when the situation calls for it...although I do try to leave my 'teacher' voice at work whenever possible :eek:

laughs

Hopefully not! But it's true...I can give quite the look when the situation calls for it...although I do try to leave my 'teacher' voice at work whenever possible :eek:

My third grade teacher was Nigerian, and she had an amazing teacher look and voice. It was only helped by that accent, too. It's been more than 20 years since I was in her class (though I've seen her many times since when I'm back there), and I'm pretty sure she could still stop me in my tracks with it.

My third grade teacher was Nigerian, and she had an amazing teacher look and voice. It was only helped by that accent, too. It's been more than 20 years since I was in her class (though I've seen her many times since when I'm back there), and I'm pretty sure she could still stop me in my tracks with it.

Oh I bet she could...it's the one thing you can't learn.
When I was training I had some awesome co-students who were great at all the theory and the planning and their teaching style wasn't bad at all - far from it...but they didn't have that 'thing'.
That ability to stop misbehaviour with nothing more than a look, the ones who would have to resort to shouting or doling out punishments from the get go.

looks around and whispers

I can't take credit for mine though...I have a Mum who had that look down pat...think I learnt mine from her :D

Oh I bet she could...it's the one thing you can't learn.
When I was training I had some awesome co-students who were great at all the theory and the planning and their teaching style wasn't bad at all - far from it...but they didn't have that 'thing'.
That ability to stop misbehaviour with nothing more than a look, the ones who would have to resort to shouting or doling out punishments from the get go.

looks around and whispers

I can't take credit for mine though...I have a Mum who had that look down pat...think I learnt mine from her :D

*grins at the whisper*

I don't know how much of one I have, but it worked well enough for me when I worked at a school a couple years back. Though where I get it, I'm not sure. My mom was a yeller, and my dad was too damned nice to have much of a withering look.

*grins at the whisper*

I don't know how much of one I have, but it worked well enough for me when I worked at a school a couple years back. Though where I get it, I'm not sure. My mom was a yeller, and my dad was too damned nice to have much of a withering look.

Oh I bet you do! And I guess the source isn't really important...as long as you have one and know how to use it, which I have little doubt that you do ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back