The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plugin, if there is one, would only work if you were creating an iframe in the wordpress blog-- it wouldn't be able to make a flat-file website give wordpress an iframe.

My solution is to always start with wordpress. Build your business pages, and create a category for blogging.

The plugin, if there is one, would only work if you were creating an iframe in the wordpress blog-- it wouldn't be able to make a flat-file website give wordpress an iframe.

My solution is to always start with wordpress. Build your business pages, and create a category for blogging.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was a dead end since I've searched just about every permutation of "Put my word press blog on my website".

But I gave it another shot.

Nope.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was a dead end since I've searched just about every permutation of "Put my word press blog on my website".

But I gave it another shot.

Nope.
No probs, we can put wordpress on your site anyway. :)

Yeah, WP.com specifically states "no iframes". We tried anyway...it did not work. :(

The blog is WP.com. Website is built in Web Builder.

OK, I'll look for that. I'm kind of already over budget on the project, as is, not that I had much budget to start with, so I need to mind my pennies.

Hm, I accidentally wrote "penis" instead of "pennies" just then. Freudian? :D

Should be a free one though WP, a lot of them are free even for commercial.

Ohhh, duh you're trying to iframe your WP onto your main site? Urgh. I've used redirects sometimes when I've set up wrong from go...

No probs, we can put wordpress on your site anyway. :)

;)

Should be a free one though WP, a lot of them are free even for commercial.

Ohhh, duh you're trying to iframe your WP onto your main site? Urgh. I've used redirects sometimes when I've set up wrong from go...

Yeah. Had I known...

We're just using a pop up window for now, linked to the main nav. Blech.

Ah well. Hubs doesn't work in WP and he was all I could afford. :)

;)

Yeah. Had I known...

We're just using a pop up window for now, linked to the main nav. Blech.

Ah well. Hubs doesn't work in WP and he was all I could afford. :)

Shit. I misunderstood what you were trying to do. I thought you were putting an iframe onto your blog, not vice-versa. You could make another page on your site and then just apply the Wordpress software to that one page, rather than redoing the entire site, and import your blog that way if you wanted.

I'm sorry it's giving you a hard time. :rose:

Well, it was a ridiculously slow day at work today, but I got a couple important things done before bedtime! I got my tattoo the retouch it so DESPERATELY needed, and I made the draft of my "save the season" notices for my boy and I's wedding. We're letting folks know a good couple years ahead of time so they can save the money to fly internationally if they choose.

So, so, so tired of people bitching about my moderating. I have not heard from Laurel once in my 9.5 years of moderating that I'm doing anything wrong. :mad:

If you have a problem with me, take it to Laurel. Christ! Is that so hard?!?!

So, so, so tired of people bitching about my moderating. I have not heard from Laurel once in my 9.5 years of moderating that I'm doing anything wrong. :mad:

Well I know I have a problem. *sings and boogies* You're, to sexy for your shirt, too sexy for your shirt, so sexy that it hurts.

I mean, it's just cruel, Etoile. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAUNT US SO?!

I'm watching the Endeavor inching along the streets of South L.A. I'm listening to people babble words about patriotism, or the size, or once-in-a-lifetime-- all of them trying to put into words the awe and pride that we just can't help feeling. Kids whooping and crying, old folks brandishing canes, all colors and classes mingling in celebration of science and human ingenuity.

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun,
There were children crying
And colors flying
All around the chosen ones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3m_T-NMOs

All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun.
They were flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home.

scary that I still know all the lyrics​

Dammit, Etoile, what'd you do this time? :p

Who bitched?

Let Bunz and me know, and we'll whack 'em. :rose:

I'm guessing being a mod is a little like being a prison guard; if you are doing it right, there will be complaints. ;)

I'm guessing being a mod is a little like being a prison guard; if you are doing it right, there will be complaints. ;)
Ha, I like that way of looking at it!
Who bitched?

Let Bunz and me know, and we'll whack 'em. :rose:

It's over in GLBT Chatter. I responded to the post as politely as possible; I don't know if there have been any comments beyond that. I'm tired of engaging with people who dislike my moderating, I used to try to talk to them, but there's no talking to them. TAKE IT TO LAUREL!

And it always makes me laugh when people call her Bunz because that is the nickname my wife has for ME in her phone! :)

Shit. I misunderstood what you were trying to do. I thought you were putting an iframe onto your blog, not vice-versa. You could make another page on your site and then just apply the Wordpress software to that one page, rather than redoing the entire site, and import your blog that way if you wanted.

I'm sorry it's giving you a hard time. :rose:

Thanks, BB. I have long cursed WP. I know lots of folks love it, but I've always found it unbelievably non-intuitive. But then I feel the same about Mac stuff. we all have our ruts, I guess.

Anyway, I have sought professional assistance. Hooray! :)

If you are on WordPress.com, and not self-hosted, I don't think it's possible to embed the blog into your site, as seen here:
http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/embed-my-blog-into-my-website-1

I have hosted my own WP since 2004 and love it, give that a try! Your web host might even have a 1-click install.

Thanks Etoile. My own blog used to be on MSN Spaces, and then they booted us all onto WP and I was suddenly lost. Didn't even know how to upload photos and all my old posts for years and years were all formatted wrong after the switch. AND I was on The Rock at that time, with the world's slowest Internet connection. I think that set my dislike of WP. :mad:

Do these people not know how they sound? Are they really that un-selfaware?

OYYYY!

There are A LOT of un-selfaware people out there. I think it's especially bad amongst my age group as most seem to think drinking is a competitive sport and spout such crap when intoxicated.

How some people feel totally comfortable saying things that alienate entire sections of society never ceases to scare me.....

If only there were certainty that a fast-acting Darwinian solution could be developed, I think it could deserve a Nobel prize. Coulter is a professional bigot but that second batch of mouth-breathers would get the bends if they ever tried to get up to the surface of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back