2012 Survivor Discussion Thread

I have a question on scoring for stories and contest entries. Is the story submitted to the genre as a regular score and then another bonus score is given just for entering? Or is the story only scored for entering the contest and not counted in its submitted genre?

I have a question on scoring for stories and contest entries. Is the story submitted to the genre as a regular score and then another bonus score is given just for entering? Or is the story only scored for entering the contest and not counted in its submitted genre?

If you enter a theme contest, the story entered is listed among contest entries in your score sheet and is worth five points. You can only score these points once per contest, and you cannot also count that same story in one of the genres. If you enter all six theme contests, assuming you properly list those entries, you earn a bonus of thirty points.

Contrary to what Scouries might tell you, you can enter a theme contest more than once, and additional entries can be posted to the different genres, assuming they meet the requirements listed in the rules.

Last edited:
If you enter a theme contest, the story entered is listed among contest entries in your score sheet and is worth five points. You can only score these points once per contest, and you cannot also count that same story in one of the genres. If you enter all six theme contests, assuming you properly list those entries, you earn a bonus of thirty points.

Contrary to what Scouries might tell you, you can enter a theme contest more than once, and additional entries can be posted to the different genres, assuming they meet the requirements listed in the rules.

Okay, thanks very much for the clarification.

Before I decide on using my Immunity I just want to clarify that if I use it on Cap Level One in ex. Illustration. It doesn't close the entire category, just closes that cap. I can then post another story in that category, once all other caps in the other categories have been reached ... ?

I've read and reread the Immunity rules, but want to make sure I have it down in my head right, thus the shortened laymen work above.

Before I decide on using my Immunity I just want to clarify that if I use it on Cap Level One in ex. Illustration. It doesn't close the entire category, just closes that cap. I can then post another story in that category, once all other caps in the other categories have been reached ... ?

I've read and reread the Immunity rules, but want to make sure I have it down in my head right, thus the shortened laymen work above.

As the rules stand now that is correct. An immunity closes down the cap level not the whole category.

Another thing to mention is that an immunity only counts if you have filled a category to a cap level. And it's a one to one ratio. So if you have 6 immunities they only count if you have filled 6 categories with one cap (3 stories).

I found that out the hard way in 2011 :)

I believe I understand that.

I placed my Immunity in Illustration - cap 1. So for it to count I have to have 3 stories in cap 1 of another category.

If I place another immunity in Illustrations - cap 2. I have to have another category at cap 2 reached and the same with an Immunity in cap 3 = another category must have reached 3 also.

* I invited a poster over to the thread to have questions answered in laymen terms so if they slip in, hopefully we oldies can help them better understand the dynamics of this contest.

I placed my Immunity in Illustration - cap 1. So for it to count I have to have 3 stories in cap 1 of another category.

If I place another immunity in Illustrations - cap 2. I have to have another category at cap 2 reached and the same with an Immunity in cap 3 = another category must have reached 3 also.

* I invited a poster over to the thread to have questions answered in laymen terms so if they slip in, hopefully we oldies can help them better understand the dynamics of this contest.

There's no point in doing that though, not now at least. In order to even get cap level 2 to count for you, you must first either immunity or complete every category in cap level 1. So to place another immunity in Illustrated Stories Cap 2 you'd have to deal with the other 30 or however many categories there are first, otherwise it would be a waste. I.e. You could put 5 stories in Erotic Couplings, 3 for the first cap and 2 for the second, however, if that's the only category you ever post stories in, you'd only get 5 points for the whole contest.

As you know, you need ten categories filled with a story or a poem or an immunity in order to count the first five point bonus. However, each of the immunities you use must be matched by filling a category to the first cap. If you have nine categories with one story each and one immunity, you are not entitled to the bonus. However, once you have three Incest stories or erotic poems or three entries in any other category, you can count the immunity toward the bonus.

You can use your second immunity to complete the second cap for a category, but it seems like kind of a waste, unless you are going to be able to complete each of the 35 categories with three entries or an immunity. It is possible, but rare to do this. People hade done it in the past, but nobody did thid year.

There's no point in doing that though, not now at least. In order to even get cap level 2 to count for you, you must first either immunity or complete every category in cap level 1. So to place another immunity in Illustrated Stories Cap 2 you'd have to deal with the other 30 or however many categories there are first, otherwise it would be a waste. I.e. You could put 5 stories in Erotic Couplings, 3 for the first cap and 2 for the second, however, if that's the only category you ever post stories in, you'd only get 5 points for the whole contest.

As you know, you need ten categories filled with a story or a poem or an immunity in order to count the first five point bonus. However, each of the immunities you use must be matched by filling a category to the first cap. If you have nine categories with one story each and one immunity, you are not entitled to the bonus. However, once you have three Incest stories or erotic poems or three entries in any other category, you can count the immunity toward the bonus.

You can use your second immunity to complete the second cap for a category, but it seems like kind of a waste, unless you are going to be able to complete each of the 35 categories with three entries or an immunity. It is possible, but rare to do this. People hade done it in the past, but nobody did thid year.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm following it. When in doubt I will definitely ask someone to look over my scorecard. I know I kept it up when I really put my heart into the contest back in 2006, so I will most likely always update it as soon as a new story posts.

Reaching all three stories and sliding into the second cap would be very hard to do. I am definitely just going to keep working on my mini-goals and not look to fill every category let alone all the cap levels!

Thanks on the clarification on Immunities and caps.

I just had my first poem post this morning, All for the Love of You in non-erotic poetry.

Also I have two stories pending, waiting to be approved for submission.

Lastly, I won an immunity, too.

Does anyone know where I can get a score card for the 2012 Survivor contest, so that I can start tabulating my points?

Also, how long does it take for a story to post? I submitted my first story on Monday. I figured it would have posted by today. My story still shows as pending.

The odd thing is that I submitted my poem at 9am today and it posted an hour later. Wow!

Thanks

I just had my first poem post this morning, All for the Love of You in non-erotic poetry.

Does anyone know where I can get a score card for the 2012 Survivor contest, so that I can start tabulating my points?

Also, how long does it take for a story to post? I submitted my first story on Monday. I figured it would have posted by today. My story still shows as pending.

The odd thing is that I submitted my poem at 9am today and it posted an hour later. Wow!

Thanks

Congrats! Crimson posted in this thread earlier - post number 13 answers your question.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=792262

Thanks

You seem to be off to a good start in the 2012 Survivors' Contest. Stories tend to take about three days to post, assuming there is no problem with it, such as underage characters in sexual situations. Poems post much more quickly, but one hour is exceptionally fast. Usually it takes about 12 hours.

Score cards will be ready in a few more days, maybe even today. :)

You seem to be off to a good start in the 2012 Survivors' Contest. Stories tend to take about three days to post, assuming there is no problem with it, such as underage characters in sexual situations. Poems post much more quickly, but one hour is exceptionally fast. Usually it takes about 12 hours.

Score cards will be ready in a few more days, maybe even today. :)

Do you think it takes longer to post a story because it's my first story?

Thanks for your response.

Do you think it takes longer to post a story because it's my first story?

Thanks for your response.

Illustrated stories and stories with an audible portion take much longer also.

Being a new author could make a difference, but probably not. I believe the time needed is longer now than it has been for a while. A story I posted took five days, and it was pretty straightforward, with both characters being at least 18.

Before the scoresheets can be posted we, and that means everybody who is involved, have to decide on any rule changes. That's especially if they change the makeup of the scoresheets, such as adding a new category or by increasing the size of some or all the caps.

I had one story post in 30 min. I don't know how the heck that happened, but I took it and ran with it. I wasn't looking for it, but suddenly there it was and I thought - wow, someone was really bored. lol It's not happened since, but I can dream.

I'm running into a five-day wait on my current story for stories that have taken no more than three days for years.

The last time this happened Laurel told me she was on vacation away from her operations and there were some things she couldn't keep up with from her location. Maybe she's on vacation again now.

The poetry waiting list is, I'm sure, much shorter than the story one, so there's no surprise poems are clearing faster than stories.

I figure things will flood the board soon. I have one to submit tonight once Dark takes a read through it for an old chain story and I have three in the queue waiting to be accepted, all pending at this moment. There is at least one out there on the boards and being read by folks and an immunity I will stick on my scoreboard when it posts. The ideas are pouring in and I'm embracing them, but I am sure as the year moves on life will again become the hectic life of a mom with teenagers and my writing will slow. Sad - I know.

Just wondering, if my story doesn't post tomorrow, the 5th day, rather than having it post on Sunday, day six, if I should open it and start the story count all over again or does it matter which day a story posts.

Based on my poem that posted today, the pending when from blue to black approved.

The story is just a regular story without illustrations and audio.

Then, again, if I open the story, maybe I have to go to the end of the line and wait another six or seven days (lol).

Help.

Then, again, if I open the story, maybe I have to go to the end of the line and wait another six or seven days (lol).

Help.

You'd definitely go back to the end of the line, and, yes, it could be seven more days. (Someone was complaining on the Editor's board a few days ago that their's still wasn't posted after seven days--and I checked last night and they still didn't have a story posted.) Whatever the delays now, they aren't the norm.

It looks like the main issues for possible changes to rules this year is what to do about the chapter stories (leave as is, change to allow a survivor only category to score chapter stories, or change it back to allow them in all categories as it used to be a few years ago) and whether or not to extend the cap level in Novels in Novellas to allow for an entire story to possibly post and count for score instead of being limited to three chapters unless you fill all categories in cap level one. Let's see if we can't get these hammered out fairly quickly so we can finalize the rules for this year.

I will when we get it pared down to what the options are. I am still not personally clear on what people are wanting to do with it outside of raising the cap in some way. We've had more weigh in on the chapter issue. I've seen a couple of suggestions, but honestly, I didn't clearly understand how exactly they wanted it done. So I think we need some more discussion on it before putting it to a vote.

Okay - off to vote.

Back