Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another tournament under my belt. :)

It was a weapons tournament, and I only took second, however, the one that beat me was a 15-year-old kid, so I don't feel too bad about my second place. :D

In other blurts, we're having a snow day and it hasn't even snowed yet!
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

The intolerance of the the supposedly tolerant is intolerable.

...part of the problem — with Prop. 8 and other contentious social issues — is that the concept of tolerance seems to have become synonymous with agreeing with the person with whom you're having differences.

"I think as a culture we're kind of at, 'Let's pat everyone on the back and tell everybody it's OK, and we can all feel better' in the name of tolerance," he says. "I just think we're missing, on a whole level, what tolerance is about."

Bailey says he expects the pressure for agreement to intensify when same-sex unions eventually are legalized.

"I know when my kids are in school, they're being taught they will have to accept that all sexual orientations and desires are equally healthy expressions of sexuality and of the good of humanity," he says. "And if they disagree with that, they're told they're being intolerant — but actually that's exactly confusing what real tolerance is."

It was a weapons tournament, and I only took second, however, the one that beat me was a 15-year-old kid, so I don't feel too bad about my second place. :D

Kudos to you!

Congratulations. :nana:

Where's that video you promised us? ;)

Why does that make me warm and fuzzy inside? :D To think, all this time and I never knew. :catroar:

So since I am sharing secrets... How Ironic. This poem was one I wrote when thinking of you. How well it fits. It goes back a few years. Published too.

Secret

I have a secret lust today.
Something just made me want her.
But I am not going to tell
anyone, especially her, who it is.

Does she need to know?
Well, maybe, but if I tell,
it is no longer a secret,
just a lust.

As if I needed more decadent
thoughts. I guess I do.
Just a daydream moment,
like a silent movie, but in color.

And today she colors my world
in shades of desire.
Even when I stand in shadows
and simply smile my thoughts.

So since I am sharing secrets... How Ironic. This poem was one I wrote when thinking of you. How well it fits. It goes back a few years. Published too.

Secret

I have a secret lust today.
Something just made me want her.
But I am not going to tell
anyone, especially her, who it is.

Does she need to know?
Well, maybe, but if I tell,
it is no longer a secret,
just a lust.

As if I needed more decadent
thoughts. I guess I do.
Just a daydream moment,
like a silent movie, but in color.

And today she colors my world
in shades of desire.
Even when I stand in shadows
and simply smile my thoughts.

:eek: Wow.. I had no idea. :cathappy:
(But I guess it already said that, didn't it? ;))
I'm.. speechless. I'm.. flattered. I think perhaps my face is red for some reason, lol.
Thank you. :rose: :kiss: For that, and for sharing. :)

:eek: Wow.. I had no idea. :cathappy:
(But I guess it already said that, didn't it? ;))
I'm.. speechless. I'm.. flattered. I think perhaps my face is red for some reason, lol.
Thank you. :rose: :kiss: For that, and for sharing. :)

And if you hadn't said anything you never would have known. I needed that jog to the memory. :kiss:

That is too funny. :catroar:
So, what else ya got about me? ;) :devil: lol. I tease. :)

:kiss:

How about something new?

I was hearing that shocked silence.
Seeing surprise
in her eyes
as she worked through
what I had said.
It wasn't meant to be a secret kept,
(although it was for some time).
She starts to smile
her delight
just before I start to wonder
if perhaps my candor
had been displayed
in error.
Perhaps I should have told her
before now.
Something to consider.

How about something new?

I was hearing that shocked silence.
Seeing surprise
in her eyes
as she worked through
what I had said.
It wasn't meant to be a secret kept,
(although it was for some time).
She starts to smile
her delight
just before I start to wonder
if perhaps my candor
had been displayed
in error.
Perhaps I should have told her
before now.
Something to consider.

*applauds, delighted* Very well done, sir. I'd tip my hat if I were wearing one. ;)

I think you're wonderful. :) I only ask that you tell me the next time you write something with me in mind..
Because I am curious, and I love to be pet. :catroar: lol.

Thank you, again. :heart:
Good night everyone. :)

Oh, P.S. I guess when you come here, you must have some purpose...? Well, a little blurt...
*whispers in Fool's ear* I mostly only popped in tonight because I saw your name. :devil: ;)

I have the most ridiculous cast of managers ever!
I have been at my job for almost 4 years now, and I am a part-time employee at a movie store. I love my job and my co-workers, and pretty much all my co-workers and even some customers are like a family to me... except 2 managers (out of 4) and possibly the store owner. Let me explain my situation:

In this year alone, I have been demoted THREE TIMES without an actual, solid reason. Why have I been demoted? Well.. about half a year ago, I was working with two newbies and another supervisor other than myself. The next day I was in, my hellish assistant Manager, Kris pulled me aside and told me that FIVE DOLLARS went missing from the safe and asked me if I knew what happened to it. I honestly didn't, but he figured that since I took out change three times that day, I must of knew ( the other supervisor took out change from the safe once that day- don't forget the newbies!) So after I tell him continuously that I honestly do not know what happened to the 5 dollars, he tells me that I am not allowed to touch the tills,or the safe EVER again. I find out a week later that he never asked anyone else that day about it, JUST ME! <---------- First demotion.

So about 3 weeks ago, I made a huge mistake and thought I was working in the evening instead of doing an opening shift, so I showed up to work 3 hours late (luckily there was a supervisor there). So after getting the stern remark from Kris (aka. Nazi Boss himself), he tells me that it's better if I am completely off opening the store ever again. So I'm fine with that. I deserve it as it isn't the first time I slept in when I'm suppose to open. So that is understandable and just. <--------- second demotion.

So a week and a half ago, I find out that Kris is quitting the movie store. Thinking that my pain in the neck is solved, I agree to take an open from my good friend and fellow co-worker. My general manager ( who I get along with) was there and I asked him if he'd allow me to open since Kris told me I wasn't. So he said yes, and even went as far as to leave Kris a note saying that any problems with "me" will be handled by him from now on. So I am under the assumption that my problems are over! I was on cloud nine! ( I actually cried because I was so happy to get my supervisor responsibilities back and to know that my GM trusts me enough to lead a shift!)<----- re-promotion!

Fast forward to yesterday. So I come into work and I am working with my "new" assistant manager who I am on "OK" term with. I don't have any problem with him whatsoever, but he is kind of a dry, emo-type of guy. He asks me today why am I doing opens all of a sudden and I say "Jay" aka " The General Manager" said I'm allowed to now. Immediately the new ass.manager (aka Jimmy)says "well your not", and says that I have made "too many" mistakes on the tills in the past followed by telling me if he's not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but since taking me off opens, the tills and the safe are more "steady".

BULLSHIT! Many of my fellow supervisors told me that the tills and safe are usually off daily! Jimmy also tells me that the store owner (Scot) prefers to not have me open anymore. The funny thing is that I opened on Sunday and Scot was in and not once, did he asked me why I was opening!
Jimmy also told me that out of all the supervisors, I am the most prone to mistakes. I have been a supervisor at this store for 3 years now, and all of a sudden, this year out of the 3 years, I have "somehow" lost my ability to count and lead a shift. WTF? <---- demotion again!

So that's pretty much my piece. I am extremely annoyed and upset because in my mind, I KNOW I am a good employee. For $10.50, I put up with customers calling me dirt, stalkers, helping newbies when nobody else does, staying extra hours after my shift is done, covering shifts as much as I can and always offer to cover the other stores when nobody else wants to. I do everything that's asked of me, and I also do work without being asked. I know my job, and my fellow supervisors often turn to ME about money, always asking if this is the right amount to put in, or what denomination does a roll of quarters come in etc.

So why the hell am I the only one who is apparently fucking incompetent? It's sad because I'm starting to believe that what my managers are saying to me is true....

I hate them.

Why won't my boss be more specific with what he wants on this job? I can't do the work if he doesn't tell me what he wants.

All I ever want to do anymore is eat, sleep, fuck, play poker and work out either at the gym or kung fu lessons. When did I become so active (aside from the poker)?

And no, I'm not getting laid. It's just something I want to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back