REAL 2009 challenge V2.a "Blanket"

Which is your favorite erotic illustration solution for the word "Blanket"?

• 1. Blanket

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 2. Blanket me from the pain

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 3. Full moon under blanket of stars. or (up at the crack of Dawn)

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • 4. Hansel und Gretel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. cover me

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 6. Blanket

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cuz the voter didn't not realize I goofed and started a new poll?
Probably someone who actually does stuff other than hang on LIT:eek:

so the votes dont transfer automatically to the new poll voters have to vote all over again?

Hmm, someting other than Lit! Come on now T your talkin crazy!

yep...got to re-vote!

I had hoped I could somehow UPDATE the original poll.

Last edited:
it would be cool if there was a way to have people drop invisible comments on WHY they vote for one piece over another. But of course most would not vote at all if required to make that kind of effort or forced to articulate.

I found, in the past, several people, though writers/authors, claimed to be unable to write about art. To me that is ridiculous. Perhaps, they are not familiar with some terminology, but is it not describing how one reacts to an image? What one "see" and feels about that image...what you are reminded of?

Perhaps!!!

ooooo..
maybe...that can be a WRITERS challenge!... Write a short (or long) story "to" the winner of the challenges...or your fav piece!?

A piece of fiction (though could be a critique)... the 1,000 words that equal the picture's worth!

it would be cool if there was a way to have people drop invisible comments on WHY they vote for one piece over another. But of course most would not vote at all if required to make that kind of effort or forced to articulate.

I found, in the past, several people, though writers/authors, claimed to be unable to write about art. To me that is ridiculous. Perhaps, they are not familiar with some terminology, but is it not describing how one reacts to an image? What one "see" and feels about that image...what you are reminded of?

Perhaps!!!

ooooo..
maybe...that can be a WRITERS challenge!... Write a short (or long) story "to" the winner of the challenges...or your fav piece!?

A piece of fiction (though could be a critique)... the 1,000 words that equal the picture's worth!

I really like this Idea! Ok so when we started the challenges I was very excited to get to work on my first contest piece! Still am, but then it was time to comment on said work... well at first I was reluctant to comment in fear of upsetting one of the artists... I really put a lot of thought into why I liked the work or what problems I had with it, and man, I really had to study the art at hand. I really think writing those comments gave me a whole new appreciation for different art forms as well as the media used and the thought process of the artists not to mention the actual writing part! It was very all encompassing for me, and a really good feeling about art in general, so I say Hell yes! But how do we approach the writers wit dis??

I really like this Idea! Ok so when we started the challenges I was very excited to get to work on my first contest piece! Still am, but then it was time to comment on said work... well at first I was reluctant to comment in fear of upsetting one of the artists... I really put a lot of thought into why I liked the work or what problems I had with it, and man, I really had to study the art at hand. I really think writing those comments gave me a whole new appreciation for different art forms as well as the media used and the thought process of the artists not to mention the actual writing part! It was very all encompassing for me, and a really good feeling about art in general, so I say Hell yes! But how do we approach the writers wit dis??

Like this>>>> HEY YOU GUYS!

Thanks for including me there Throbbs, proportions are kinda wonky but what the hell.

Some good entries this round, I can't decide who to vote for myself.

Hey, it was my mistake! Jumped the gun on the Poll!:eek:

I agree, this one has a bunch of good 'uns.

I am starting to thing #1 was not a serious entry! ;):D:rolleyes::cool:
I would have guessed that the "artist" would have made the effort to vote for himself, and/or solicit some votes.

And #4 really is SUPPOSED to have a vote, which was not reinstated by the voter, when I made the new poll.

I almost voted for No:1, I like it's stark simplicity and it's ethereal nature, the perspective has me wondering too. Am I looking at a very small blanket perhaps covering just the clitoral hood (that's certainly erotic), or am I looking at much larger scale object hiding the rapturous passion that is occurring beneath it (the creases?) seem to indicate some rhythmic action.

In the end there were two things that dissuaded me from choosing this one above all others, the lack of blatant lesbianism disturbed me greatly, but it was the lack of an initial : that just left me disconcerted and ill at ease.

Hmm,seems so, with maybe another bump when you make the last day of voting announcement, seems to have a definite effect.

maybe...
I think I have annoyed so many of them peoples elsewhere that they just ignore me in one fashion or another!:D

maybe...
I think I have annoyed so many of them peoples elsewhere that they just ignore me in one fashion or another!:D

Bah. It's a good thing to let the people in the other "nabes" know there's some creative erotica going down in these here parts. Just keep the "advertising" down to one thread, is all. ;)

can't promise that!;):D

It's all good I think some of our biggest supporters are right here in the a/h anyways,
I ran into hostilities at the G/B and I never posted there before, not sure about the playground no one even commented on the post... shrug

I would be curious to know where the voters are coming from though.

It's all good I think some of our biggest supporters are right here in the a/h anyways,
I ran into hostilities at the G/B and I never posted there before, not sure about the playground no one even commented on the post... shrug

oh the GB is certainly hostile! (in general):D
BUT, the hostile ones are pussies (not in a good way)...they go away in a huff, like any bully if confronted. and..... waa!:( put me on ignore, until... curiosity gets the better of them.

Of course, I must confess... I do rather enjoy poking.:D

me too!

We CAN make the Polls voting NON-anonymous.

Not sure how many that would scare off... it isn't as if anyone is revealing a deep dark secret. I suppose there MIGHT be some hurt feelings, if one does not vote for one's best buddy?

I vote for the one I like best, using my own criteria... sometimes it might be my own, other times not.

heh heh..see!?
I have awakened the alts or trolls or buddies!
watch how #1 is gaining votes right now.
From zero to 5 votes in 15 minutes.

an argument for exposing who votes.
And, perhaps not taking on the orphan, non-serious submissions, which#1 is.

It really was not "sent" in. Rather it was a snarky reply on the GB.

an argument for exposing who votes.
And, perhaps not taking on the orphan, non-serious submissions, which#1 is.

It really was not "sent" in. Rather it was a snarky reply on the GB.

well I for one really enjoy the art and the artists, for as the voting thing, eh, mildly curious, I think the challenges are set up just fine the way they are. I dont see any real reason to change anything I was at Fecal and there weekly art challenges are set up very similar to ours. But Irezumi had raised the question about changing the title of the different challenge threads to better id them when they are viewed in the *new posts*

well I for one really enjoy the art and the artists, for as the voting thing, eh, mildly curious, I think the challenges are set up just fine the way they are. I dont see any real reason to change anything I was at Fecal and there weekly art challenges are set up very similar to ours. But Irezumi had raised the question about changing the title of the different challenge threads to better id them when they are viewed in the *new posts*

Ok... how do we ID them?
by Date and name (vs the V1a etc)?
or........

eg
"duct tape" enter by 12-28-09
"duct tape" poll voting ends 1-14-10

or whatever

Ok... how do we ID them?
by Date and name (vs the V1a etc)?
or........

eg
"duct tape" enter by 12-28-09
"duct tape" poll voting ends 1-14-10

or whatever

*Shrug* I like the version method we use now...

Back