GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some real updates for a change.

I'm getting married. And at some point after that, I'm applying for a visa. Both things make me extraordinarily happy. I haven't been telling too many people, though. I don't want people at work to jump to conclusions, right as they may be. For the rest, I'm trying to tell as many people in person as I can. As I cannot tell you guys in person, I'm leaving it here!

I told my parents last night. They were surprisingly relaxed about it and happy for me. K and I are bringing them up to Alberta this summer to meet her family and hike around Waterton Lakes National Park and stuff. But mostly to meet and greet.

My other news is just silly stuff. Car foo (alternators and batteries and tow trucks, oh boy!) and work foo (same old). I'm retaking the second part of my A+ exam this Monday. Here's hoping. Guess what I'll be doing all weekend. ;)

I hope you're all well.

-diz :rose:

PS: What happened to Lightsaver? :(

Congrats Diz.:rose:

Hi! New here to the forums but have enjoyed the stories for some time now!

Just figured I would pop in and say hello!

Hi! New here to the forums but have enjoyed the stories for some time now!

Just figured I would pop in and say hello!

Welcome to the Vibe.... still plenty of life here... it's just on Quaaludes these days. Do they even make those anymore?!?! I sure do miss them....:rolleyes:

I have some real updates for a change.

I'm getting married. And at some point after that, I'm applying for a visa. Both things make me extraordinarily happy. I haven't been telling too many people, though. I don't want people at work to jump to conclusions, right as they may be. For the rest, I'm trying to tell as many people in person as I can. As I cannot tell you guys in person, I'm leaving it here!

I told my parents last night. They were surprisingly relaxed about it and happy for me. K and I are bringing them up to Alberta this summer to meet her family and hike around Waterton Lakes National Park and stuff. But mostly to meet and greet.

My other news is just silly stuff. Car foo (alternators and batteries and tow trucks, oh boy!) and work foo (same old). I'm retaking the second part of my A+ exam this Monday. Here's hoping. Guess what I'll be doing all weekend. ;)

I hope you're all well.

PS: What happened to Lightsaver? :(

Congratulations diz!:heart:

BTW...hows the hair lately?

Miss you lots.:kiss:

Good Morning all!

Hello and welcome to gothic_nymph, sorry I missed your post earlier:eek:

Got above zero yesterday :nana: started painting the new Welcome Centre, took some bookings (the reservation desk opened yesterday).

And, I went swimming in the morning, very nice.

My hair is fine. It is now half way down my back, it will make a lovely wig when I shave my head in July.

OK OK it's off to work, so gay, do do do do, do do do do, do do.....(need a singing badly icon)

Good Morning all!

Hello and welcome to gothic_nymph, sorry I missed your post earlier:eek:

Got above zero yesterday :nana: started painting the new Welcome Centre, took some bookings (the reservation desk opened yesterday).

And, I went swimming in the morning, very nice.

My hair is fine. It is now half way down my back, it will make a lovely wig when I shave my head in July.

OK OK it's off to work, so gay, do do do do, do do do do, do do.....(need a singing badly icon)

Glad to hear things are on the up Lezli... :kiss:

Congratulations diz!:heart:

BTW...hows the hair lately?

Miss you lots.:kiss:

Aww, thank you, Misty.

And I'm happy you're in love, too. :D

(The hair is still short. I keep cutting it! Soooo tempting to shave it again. Maybe after May 15th. Very, very tempting.)

Today the Iowa Supreme Court ruled in a unanimous decision that committed gay and lesbian couples must be allowed to marry in Iowa.

Wow!! I honestly never thought i would see this in my lifetime!! :D:D:D

Today the Iowa Supreme Court ruled in a unanimous decision that committed gay and lesbian couples must be allowed to marry in Iowa.

Wow!! I honestly never thought i would see this in my lifetime!! :D:D:D

That is AMAZING news! I am beyond thrilled for the great state of Iowa.

(Mentioned I used to live there, right? Oskaloosa, then Ames when my dad decided late in life to go back to grade school. Good times.)

I'm off to shower, then hopefully take my "adoptive" mother to a ballet. If not, I'll be going alone. See you all later.

Oh yeah! And I passed my exam on Monday. So I'm now officially a certified CompTIA A+ IT Technician. ;) Woot.

Really running now. How is it I can manage to wake up early and still end up late???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back