Bistro Bijou

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm focusing on this factoid right now:

For every hellbound two-legged who is benighted enough to be able to abuse an animal, there are at least 25 people like the ones on this board, who work diligently for compassion.

we
will
win.

And I adore you people. I do.

bj

ETA:

OHAI!
I just noticed that this is post #2001 in the Bistro.

So of course I had to go find this.

Last edited:
So a serious conversation about language and vocabulary is going on during the afternoon, and the talk later at the bar turns to this same subject in a slightly less formalized way.

Vocabulary. Did you get made fun of when you were a kid? Did you have friends and significant others who encouraged you to dumb it down a bit, so you didn't sound like such a nerd? Did you have significant others who accused you of being pompous or deliberately intellectual?

And my personal little contribution, regarding poetry and application of knowledge.

While I think it's neato to consider audience, there's this one guy I know who often writes these hot little poems that contain complex references to botany, chemistry, mathematics, that sort of thing. He's way smarter than me. But his poems make me hot anyway, since I understand just enough to see where he's going with his complex metaphors.

Sometimes I get out the encyclopedia, or call a smart friend to get an explanation, and sometimes I don't, and just enjoy the idea that there's a smart brain out there who is thinking really hard about sex.

bj

If I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me to dumb it down I would own a really big house by the sea, and have a really fast black porshe, and every person I loved would be equealy spoiled.

Folks, I don't mean to step on Homburg's passionate work. It's brilliant.

Anschul

You drive me crazy on purpose and laugh because I fall for it evertime. Although you deny it over and over again your heart is still of the golden variety and you are a true gent whatever your errrmmmmmm kinks may be! You were there when I needed you and any man that can still grieve for a lost pet is ok by me however much you wind me up .... so blush away I think you're the man

Y'all are embarrassing me :eek:

----

Vocabulary. Did you get made fun of when you were a kid? Did you have friends and significant others who encouraged you to dumb it down a bit, so you didn't sound like such a nerd? Did you have significant others who accused you of being pompous or deliberately intellectual?

bj

Many, many, many times, and still do.

These days, my overall vocabulary, diction, accent, cadence, etc are all mutable. It's all conversational manipulation/steering, and just dead useful in my field.

Maybe I shouldn't admit to stuff like that...

:eek:

hey whats for dinner, I am hungry, well I'll open up the bar until some one brings me some kind of food, until then drinks are on the house

hey I just noticed i am no longer a virgin, I wonder when that happened, gee i didnt even get to enjoy my deflowering

Only ones waiting up for me

Calvin
Your wet nose wakes me in the morning
your soft pads playing with the covers
you wont let me read
you lay on my book
demanding love in a way that makes me smile

Hobbes
Your desprate crys wake me at night
you cry until I call to you
then you come and purr with me
You wont let me knit
you snatch my yarn and sit on my needles
you steal my seat, begging for attention in a way
that makes me give in

Snow Fucker
Once a bitch, now as sweet as you can be
you watch with your curious eyes
sitting in the window waiting for me
you wont let me on the computer
you sit in front of the screen
and step on the keys
you steal quiet moments with me
and I have no choice in the matter

You fight one another
yet unite under a common cause
You all cuddle with me, keeping my bed soft and warm
You keep silence out of the house, and spiders too
You keep me teathered, when I want to run from life
You comfort me, make me smile, and demand I get up even if only to entertain you

Oh my wonderful kitties :cattail:

Last edited:
hey whats for dinner, I am hungry, well I'll open up the bar until some one brings me some kind of food, until then drinks are on the house

steak%20and%20potatoes.jpg

Just for you!

Thank you for the delisious meal, it really hits the spot, well one appitite is satisfied, now if only I could deal with the others:kiss:

I just wanted you all to know (especially you, Loststar), that I had planned a grillin' supper tonight, barbecued chicken and ribs in my special recipe sauce, local corn (again--while it's still good), cole slaw, molasses beans, big jug of ice tea with mint leaves, corn bread, and then the gorilla thing broke out--I think it's a good thing it did, woke us all up a bit--but then I couldn't bring myself to cook dead animals. So sorry, but here's a big pot of Parmesan and wild mushroom risotto. And if y'all have eaten, it'll keep till tomorrow. I think maybe I'll hold the grillin' 'till Friday night.
Anybody got a beer?

I ll hand you a beer if you will share the tea with mint leaves, that sounds very refreshing.

I ll hand you a beer if you will share the tea with mint leaves, that sounds very refreshing.

Star, it's done. I brew my own tea (usually a good, black oolong) in a closed gallon glass jug on the back porch in the sun. I grow spearmint in a pot; bruise a few leaves and put it in the jar with the teabags. Let it sit in the sun all day. It's the easiest recipe I own. Try it. You'll like it. And thanks for the beer. Needed it.

If you needed a beer, then you certianly need a back rub, may I offer you one?

Now I know I am in a minority but I do think this special day should be commemorated in some way as I am quite happy to celebrate your Groundhog days and your Thanksgivings, so to one and all Happy St Georges day .. I will be giving a naked Morris dance exhibition later bells attached of course.
smileystgeorgeflag.gif

In days of old when Knights were bold
And condoms weren't invented
They stuck a sock upon their cock
And babies were prevented

Sobbbbbb yes the dragonslayer he is the patron saint of Englandddddddd

I'm sorry sweet, I didn't mean to upset! I've never had a patron saint, and I don't think the USA has one either...

I'm told that at least some of my ancestors came from County Westmoreland... maybe I could claim a bit of old St George for myself?

Now I know I am in a minority but I do think this special day should be commemorated in some way as I am quite happy to celebrate your Groundhog days and your Thanksgivings, so to one and all Happy St Georges day .. I will be giving a naked Morris dance exhibition later bells attached of course.
smileystgeorgeflag.gif

Ring-a-ding-ding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back