WIFI question

RockOn2019

Experienced
So, my place has kinda crummy WiFi in some rooms, and I'm trying to fix that. Any tips on how to boost the WiFi in specific spots? Also, I'm thinking of using an app to figure out where the speeds are good and where they suck in my crib. Any ideas on dealing with the WiFi probs and checking the speeds in different spots around my place?

To boost the WiFi in specific spots and check speeds in different areas of your place, you can use an app called Netspot speed test https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netspot-wifi-map-speed-test/id1490247223?ls=9. This app helps identify areas with good and poor speeds, allowing you to pinpoint WiFi issues and optimize coverage. In addition, consider solutions like repositioning your router, using WiFi extenders, or upgrading your router to improve signal strength and coverage.

Last edited:
Upgrade you wiFi unit also external Antenna help and try putting you WiFi in the Center of Home. Good luck.

We have 3400 sqft on two levels. I bought a wifi 6, mesh system, with the router and 3 satellites. It works well, but a little pricey. I spent about $1000 on mine, but one router couldn't handle all the nooks and crannies in my home. I have a 2gig, fiber connection and have no issues with wifi or the Lan ports in each satellite.

So, my place has kinda crummy WiFi in some rooms, and I'm trying to fix that. Any tips on how to boost the WiFi in specific spots? Also, I'm thinking of using an app to figure out where the speeds are good and where they suck in my crib. Any ideas on dealing with the WiFi probs and checking the speeds in different spots around my place?
Wi-Fi range extender.

None of the above. Add access points in the weak areas and wire them to the router or a switch. Mesh cuts speeds because wifi is half-duplex.

Back