What's your favorite quote?

Coffee without caffeine is like sex without the spanking
~Trevor Hale

Every time someone uses the phrase “opposite gender” I’m reminded of little kids believing that dogs are the opposite of cats.

-found on tumblr

Any woman who strives to be equal to a man, lacks ambition.
~marilyn monroe
Oh! And this-when asked if sex was dirty, woody allen replied,
"only if it's done correctly"

Any woman who strives to be equal to a man, lacks ambition.
~marilyn monroe
I detest that one, personally. For so very many reasons, and besides, it seems Timothy Leary said that. Which-- go figure. Men do say things. :rolleyes:
Oh! And this-when asked if sex was dirty, woody allen replied,
"only if it's done correctly"
Now that-- I'll buy it. :D

I detest that one, personally. For so very many reasons, and besides, it seems Timothy Leary said that. Which-- go figure. Men do say things. :rolleyes:
Now that-- I'll buy it. :D

What i liked about monroe saying it, was that it was ballsy as hell.
Very un~pc at the time, and she made her living seducing men.
I wont back down on that one. I love people who thumb their noses and say fuck you!
Norma jean was a fuck up, but no push over.

Certain things in life simply have to be experienced and never explained.
Love is such a thing ~ Paulo Coelho

Last edited:
This is so blissfully poetic...

Like most sensitive souls, you already know you're sensitive. You soak up others' moods and desires like a sponge. You absorb sensation the way a paintbrush grasps each color on a palette. The ethereal beauty of a dandelion, the shift of a season, the climax of a song, or a certain stirring scent can awaken such wonder they'll become your very breath itself -moving through you as fuel does to fire and wind does to waves ~ Victoria Erickson

"Sex is one of the nine reasons for incarnation. The other eight are unimportant."

-- George Burns

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

--Mark Twain

Love is what we are in our essence. The more love we feel in our hearts, the more it will be brought to us ~ Deepak Chopra

Oh, how I love this thread... :heart:

"... Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty..."

Richard Nixon

“When a forest grows too wild a purging fire is inevitable and natural."

Batman Begins (Christopher Nolan/David Goyer)

Certain things in life simply have to be experienced and never explained.
Love is such a thing ~ Paulo Coelho

I love this quote too :rose:

Don,t waste your time with explanations , people only hear what they want to hear ~ Paulo Coelho.

I love this quote too :rose:

Don,t waste your time with explanations , people only hear what they want to hear ~ Paulo Coelho.

Indeed.

All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at any given time is a function of power and not truth ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason, he wants woman as the most dangerous plaything ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I love Nietzsche; such a brilliant mind, that man.

'I 'v learned people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel '. ~ Maya Angelou.

'There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don,t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal , picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.

~ Audrey Hepburn.

"Remembrance of things past is not necessarily a remembrance of how things were."

-- Marcel Proust

No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has brought human equality one millimeter closer.

-George Orwell

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
-Douglas Adams

"No matter what it is, there is nothing that cannot be done. If one manifests the determination, he can move heaven and earth as he pleases. But because man is pluckless, he cannot set his mind to it. Moving heaven and earth without putting forth effort is simply a matter of concentration."

-Yamamoto Tsunetomo

"The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers."

-- Ruth Benedict

favorite
- Preferred one, one with special favor
- Expected or most probable to win.

I really don't get how your favorite quote can change nearly daily, unless it is not about the favorite quote, but just about posting as many quotes as possible. :confused:

I really don't get how your favorite quote can change nearly daily, unless it is not about the favorite quote, but just about posting as many quotes as possible. :confused:

Reasonably pithy and unarguably true, but I'm not sure I'd say it was my favourite quote.

coffee.jpg

Back