What is a blunt?

Do you know what a blunt is?

• Yes

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
Stuff it full with a gram and then call it a day. I can't remember the last time I smoked a blunt.

I'm still not a fan of those vape pens, which makes me feel old. "Back in my day we smoked real weed, not this liquefied bullshit."

This!

But I've always preferred a joint to a blunt anyway, so I guess I'm even more old school. Get the fuck off of my lawn.

Either the right way to smoke reggies or a terrible way to waste good bud.

If you have nice weed you should use white girls (papers), I prefer rice or hemp, unbleached.

OR

Clean glass.....that's the best way.

I just had the most awkward conversation. I was out with my gardener (I will refer to him as J) and we picked his friend and his friend's GF up. They are driving around, looking at Christmas lights. The friend was smoking a blunt. Yes, pot is legal here.

The friend kept referring to me as J's mom. J had told this friend that I was his mom. Perhaps he was embarrassed because I'm about 30 years older than him. When I told the guy that I wasn't his mom, he quickly amended it to say that I am his spiritual mom. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

At any rate, the friend began explaining to me what a blunt is. I just blinked my eyes and told him that I knew what it was. He looked shocked and told me that most adults don't know what it is. Now I have no clue what he considers to be an adult because legally he is one but IMO he wasn't acting like one.

So my question is... Do you know what a blunt is?

There are those who think because we are of an older generation that we don't have a plethora of experience and are some how ignorant of how the world works and what goes on, when in fact most who get to this stage of life have acres of experience and how it's put together. The problem is that youth (and i'm drawing from my own) is arrogant and self centered enough to think they know as much as everyone around them. Not so long ago I learned that it's smart to stop, shut your mouth and listen. Things can be learned from anyone at any time, especially those who have been there and done that.

But back to your question: do I know what a blunt is? Of course, but not named as such. Over time descriptors change, but the described stays the same.

Comshaw

There are those who think because we are of an older generation that we don't have a plethora of experience and are some how ignorant of how the world works and what goes on, when in fact most who get to this stage of life have acres of experience and how it's put together. The problem is that youth (and i'm drawing from my own) is arrogant and self centered enough to think they know as much as everyone around them. Not so long ago I learned that it's smart to stop, shut your mouth and listen. Things can be learned from anyone at any time, especially those who have been there and done that.

But back to your question: do I know what a blunt is? Of course, but not named as such. Over time descriptors change, but the described stays the same.

Comshaw

What were blunts called before they were blunts? I love using old-timey slang for no reason and confusing everyone and I want to know it so I can use it. I like to just occasionally talk like I'm several hundred years old and get the slang confused because it helps my vampire aesthetic. I say, "Don't bogart that dolans" all the time because someone, who shall remain nameless, likes to go on long tirades and doesn't pass the fucking blunt.

Not heard of the word over here, but once you've had one everyone knows what you mean no matter what word you use.
I thought Emily too and people from Lancashire

Blunts are for schwag.

Because who would want to mix good shit with nasty cigar tobacco?

I remember a moment when I was a high school sophomore wondering wtf a roach clip was and having to pretend I knew anyway.

But my real question: is it just me, or does cannabis lingo all sound totally gross? “Blowing blunts” just sounds nasty, and “dank nugs” sounds like what you get when spirochete-infected testicles go too long without treatment.

Either the right way to smoke reggies or a terrible way to waste good bud.

If you have nice weed you should use white girls (papers), I prefer rice or hemp, unbleached.

OR

Clean glass.....that's the best way.

What is the advantage of glass over metal? Serious question.

I thought a blunt was tobacco mixed with pot.

They’re rolled with tobacco paper, giving that cigar look, but the leaf is supposed to be all cannabis.

Oh my god, I just realized we are only a couple of decades away from FDA regulations defining what can and cannot be marketed as a “blunt.”

BotanyBoy, I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized what the primary crop on your farm is.

Things make so much more sense now.

BotanyBoy, I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized what the primary crop on your farm is.

Things make so much more sense now.

I'm so glad I was here for this moment.

On another note-

One disadvantage of a glass pipe is that it doesn't come apart so you can't stick a double pointed knitting needle in there and scrape out the resin to then spread on more bud, producing a neverending supply.

...sometimes if you get knitted gifts from me it is gonna have trace amounts of pot resin. I knit when I smoke kind of a lot? I stir the bowl with them too, and I just kinda... am realizing how gross that is right this minute. I have, lots and lots of times, cleaned a pipe with the needle I'm currently using, not cleaned it any way other than scraping that resin onto bud, and then went right back to knitting.

So... idk fun fact.

I also don't get the point of putting tobacco in weed. It really feels like fluff and filler to me.

What were blunts called before they were blunts? I love using old-timey slang for no reason and confusing everyone and I want to know it so I can use it. I like to just occasionally talk like I'm several hundred years old and get the slang confused because it helps my vampire aesthetic. I say, "Don't bogart that dolans" all the time because someone, who shall remain nameless, likes to go on long tirades and doesn't pass the fucking blunt.

A very long time ago they were called "doobies". Where do you think the Doobie Brothers got their band name? At one time I made some killer pipes out of 7.62 and 50 caliber shells (the 5.56 was a bit to small to make an acceptable pipe). You cut the base off one, knock out the primer and solder it to the side of another full length case, then drill a hole down through the primer hole, add a bit of fine brass screen and there you have it. If you'd like to make it even better, drill a hole in the base of the bullet and solder in a stainless steel cotter key with a small ring slipped around it. cut the key at the mid point of the head, bend the two legs out until they are a half inch apart. By positioning the two legs of the cotter key on each side of a doobie or roach and sliding the ring up until the two legs grip it, you now have an outrageous roach holder that can be stored in the neck of the pipe.

You can always improvise too. Like the brandy pipe (filled with brandy rather then water that you drink after using) pictured made from a canteen, a piece of bamboo for the mouth piece and an old pipe bowl from a regular tobacco pipe. I apologize for the shittiness of the picture, but it's over 40 years old and I was a bit stoned when I took it. It's sitting on the edge of a bunker with an aircraft ground target as a back ground.

attachment.php

Comshaw

Attachments

• pipe 'nam020.jpg
    pipe 'nam020.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0

A very long time ago they were called "doobies". Where do you think the Doobie Brothers got their band name?

Oh, I already knew that one. We still use that. I thought it was gonna be something cool. Dolans was cool. When I got dolans I ran it into the ground.

Never made an apple pipe before. My problem usually involves someone having stolen my lighter, and then not being able to locate matches.

Oh, I already knew that one. We still use that. I thought it was gonna be something cool. Dolans was cool. When I got dolans I ran it into the ground.

Sorry to disappoint but sometimes things endure. Doobie is one of those. It came btw from the term (phonetically) dew which is what we called pot way over there and back then.

Comshaw

Never made an apple pipe before. My problem usually involves someone having stolen my lighter, and then not being able to locate matches.

I have a buddy who always used exclusively bright orange lighters to avoid this problem, which sounds like it wouldn't work, but it totally did.

...I'm the thief. I'm sorry, I don't realize I'm doing it. I bet I have your lighter, somehow.

I had like 4 lighters one time that said "cancer" like the starsign. I'm a Leo. I have no clue where the fuck they came from because I didn't know any cancers who would give a shit about being cancers enough to buy those kinds of lighters.

Edit: Also I've never done the apple pipe because that's a waste of a perfectly good apple. All you need is a pen and some tin foil like fuck.

Ooooh, guys, since we all know what we are- weirdest thing you've ever made a bong/pipe out of?

Because not everyone can afford your fancy cans, Hal, some of us drink kool-aid out of old jars like proper trailer trash.

Fine. Be that way.

Natty Light cans. They can be found in any and every TP. :p

Back