What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIGGERS, UD and MO CURRY dont get it

Good news: The Obama economy is trending worse than the Depression, may cause ‘social unrest’

Here’s the trend line:

About 6.2 million Americans, 45.1 percent of all unemployed workers in this country, have been jobless for more than six months – a higher percentage than during the Great Depression.

The bigger the gap on someone’s resume, the more questions employers have.

“(Employers) think: ‘Oh, well, there must be something really wrong with them because they haven’t gotten a job in 6 months, a year, 2 years.’ But that’s not necessarily the case,” said Marjorie Gardner-Cruse with the Hollywood Worksource Center.

It could be because employers, in the face of ObamaCare’s uncertainty and the overall gloomy economic picture thanks to extreme debt and the coming wave of extreme taxation to pay for it all, aren’t hiring.

Here’s Democrat and Clinton crony James Carville on the “unrest”:

“It is going to be very difficult,” Carville said. “But the country, if that is what we are doing, this is gruesome on people. This unemployment rate for this long is humanitarian crisis of the first magnitude. …

“You know, look – this is a humanitarian — you know, you’re smart enough to see this,” Carville said. “People, you know, if it continues, we’re going to start to see civil unrest in this country. I hate to [say] that, but I think it’s imminently possible.”

I wonder — is that a mere prediction, or a threat?

this is one of the most moronic statements on economics I've ever seen

how the hell is borderline slave labour in other countries a great thing.. correction.. borderline slave labour at our corporate and political behest

corporations lobby many nations to fight employee rights overseas...take Haiti for example..where direct corporate influnece has reversed minimum wage laws

one day.. i pray to god.. you actually use FACTS for any of your counter-arguements

I believe that Busybody said it best, "shut up your troll"

and I will add, "you are a freaking dumbass"

The present administrations Economic Policy, tax the rich. How's that working out.

NIGGER UD and NIGGER MOE CURRY

say, HO! didnt get no briefing, he noze everything

to say he needs briefings is to be a RACIST
Ignorance Is Bliss: Obama No Longer Receiving Daily Economic Briefings…

Leadership in action!

(The Hill) — At some point during the first two years of his administration, President Obama stopped receiving the daily economic briefing that he requested when he took office.

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs announced at his own first daily briefing reporters that Obama asked for the daily economic briefing, described then as comparable to the daily intelligence briefing the president gets every morning.

“The president asked that this be added every day to his schedule,” Gibbs said at the time. Gibbs added that Obama believed it is “important that each day he receive the most up to date information as it relates to the economy.”

But at some point, the daily economic briefings stopped showing up on Obama’s daily schedule.

NIGGER UD and NIGGER MOE CURRY

say, HO! didnt get no briefing, he noze everything

to say he needs briefings is to be a RACIST
Ignorance Is Bliss: Obama No Longer Receiving Daily Economic Briefings…

Leadership in action!

(The Hill) — At some point during the first two years of his administration, President Obama stopped receiving the daily economic briefing that he requested when he took office.

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs announced at his own first daily briefing reporters that Obama asked for the daily economic briefing, described then as comparable to the daily intelligence briefing the president gets every morning.

“The president asked that this be added every day to his schedule,” Gibbs said at the time. Gibbs added that Obama believed it is “important that each day he receive the most up to date information as it relates to the economy.”

But at some point, the daily economic briefings stopped showing up on Obama’s daily schedule.

Did you see what Palin was wearing when you spoke about Paul Revere!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Well for one, the Affordable Health Care Act isn't giving us "government-controlled health care" like the right keeps saying. And that old line about "government taking control of 1/6 of the economy" is a monumental whopper on par with death panels and government agents putting you in jail if you're uninsured.

Really... I expected more from you man.

And why was is such a painful vote? Because America was deeply split on it and politicians worry about their reelection prospects, especially in the House. This is all obvious stuff.

With the 1/6 of the economy comment I was explaining to you that it was things like healthcare they have been arguing about towards growing the government. The rest of that is how the majority of Americans felt about the process in which it took place.

The following is just a very small piece of the bill. Which if you read it, know that the whole bill is written like this. So, anyone that says anything towards the bill can be right or wrong. The truth is when our representation in washington writes bills the way they do in a way that nobody with an IQ less than 180 can understand more than 10%, and that affects in one way or the other, such a large part of the American economy and country in general, well, no one can say what it will exactly do.

SEC. 3109. EXEMPTION OF CERTAIN PHARMACIES FROM ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENTS.
(a) In General- Section 1834(a)(20) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395m(a)(20)), as added by section 154(b)(1)(A) of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (Public Law 100-275), is amended--
(1) in subparagraph (F)(i)--
(A) by inserting `and subparagraph (G)' after `clause (ii)'; and
(B) by inserting `, except that the Secretary shall not require a pharmacy to have submitted to the Secretary such evidence of accreditation prior to January 1, 2011' before the semicolon at the end; and
(2) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:
`(G) APPLICATION OF ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENT TO CERTAIN PHARMACIES-
`(i) IN GENERAL- With respect to items and services furnished on or after January 1, 2011, in implementing quality standards under this paragraph--
`(I) subject to subclause (II), in applying such standards and the accreditation requirement of subparagraph (F)(i) with respect to pharmacies described in clause (ii) furnishing such items and services, such standards and accreditation requirement shall not apply to such pharmacies; and
`(II) the Secretary may apply to such pharmacies an alternative accreditation requirement established by the Secretary if the Secretary determines such alternative accreditation requirement is more appropriate for such pharmacies.
`(ii) PHARMACIES DESCRIBED- A pharmacy described in this clause is a pharmacy that meets each of the following criteria:
`(I) The total billings by the pharmacy for such items and services under this title are less than 5 percent of total pharmacy sales, as determined based on the average total pharmacy sales for the previous 3 calendar years, 3 fiscal years, or other yearly period specified by the Secretary.
`(II) The pharmacy has been enrolled under section 1866(j) as a supplier of durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies, has been issued (which may include the renewal of) a provider number for at least 5 years, and for which a final adverse action (as defined in section 424.57(a) of title 42, Code of Federal Regulations) has not been imposed in the past 5 years.
`(III) The pharmacy submits to the Secretary an attestation, in a form and manner, and at a time, specified by the Secretary, that the pharmacy meets the criteria described in subclauses (I) and (II). Such attestation shall be subject to section 1001 of title 18, United States Code.
`(IV) The pharmacy agrees to submit materials as requested by the Secretary, or during the course of an audit conducted on a random sample of pharmacies selected annually, to verify that the pharmacy meets the criteria described in subclauses (I) and (II). Materials submitted under the preceding sentence shall include a certification by an accountant on behalf of the pharmacy or the submission of tax returns filed by the pharmacy during the relevant periods, as requested by the Secretary.'.
(b) Administration- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Secretary may implement the amendments made by subsection (a) by program instruction or otherwise.
(c) Rule of Construction- Nothing in the provisions of or amendments made by this section shall be construed as affecting the application of an accreditation requirement for pharmacies to qualify for bidding in a competitive acquisition area under section 1847 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395w-3).

SEC. 3110. PART B SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD FOR DISABLED TRICARE BENEFICIARIES.
(a) In General-
(1) IN GENERAL- Section 1837 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395p) is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
`(l)(1) In the case of any individual who is a covered beneficiary (as defined in section 1072(5) of title 10, United States Code) at the time the individual is entitled to part A under section 226(b) or section 226A and who is eligible to enroll but who has elected not to enroll (or to be deemed enrolled) during the individual's initial enrollment period, there shall be a special enrollment period described in paragraph (2).
`(2) The special enrollment period described in this paragraph, with respect to an individual, is the 12-month period beginning on the day after the last day of the initial enrollment period of the individual or, if later, the 12-month period beginning with the month the individual is notified of enrollment under this section.
`(3) In the case of an individual who enrolls during the special enrollment period provided under paragraph (1), the coverage period under this part shall begin on the first day of the month in which the individual enrolls, or, at the option of the individual, the first month after the end of the individual's initial enrollment period.
`(4) An individual may only enroll during the special enrollment period provided under paragraph (1) one time during the individual's lifetime.
`(5) The Secretary shall ensure that the materials relating to coverage under this part that are provided to an individual described in paragraph (1) prior to the individual's initial enrollment period contain information concerning the impact of not enrolling under this part, including the impact on health care benefits under the TRICARE program under chapter 55 of title 10, United States Code.
`(6) The Secretary of Defense shall collaborate with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Commissioner of Social Security to provide for the accurate identification of individuals described in paragraph (1). The Secretary of Defense shall provide such individuals with notification with respect to this subsection. The Secretary of Defense shall collaborate with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Commissioner of Social Security to ensure appropriate follow up pursuant to any notification provided under the preceding sentence.'.
(2) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendment made by paragraph (1) shall apply to elections made with respect to initial enrollment periods that end after the date of the enactment of this Act.
(b) Waiver of Increase of Premium- Section 1839(b) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395r(b)) is amended by striking `section 1837(i)(4)' and inserting `subsection (i)(4) or (l) of section 1837'.

SEC. 3111. PAYMENT FOR BONE DENSITY TESTS.
(a) Payment-
(1) IN GENERAL- Section 1848 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395w-4) is amended--
(A) in subsection (b)--
(i) in paragraph (4)(B), by inserting `, and for 2010 and 2011, dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry services (as described in paragraph (6))' before the period at the end; and
(ii) by adding at the end the following new paragraph:
`(6) TREATMENT OF BONE MASS SCANS- For dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry services (identified in 2006 by HCPCS codes 76075 and 76077 (and any succeeding codes)) furnished during 2010 and 2011, instead of the payment amount that would otherwise be determined under this section for such years, the payment amount shall be equal to 70 percent of the product of--
`(A) the relative value for the service (as determined in subsection (c)(2)) for 2006;
`(B) the conversion factor (established under subsection (d)) for 2006; and
`(C) the geographic adjustment factor (established under subsection (e)(2)) for the service for the fee schedule area for 2010 and 2011, respectively.'; and
(B) in subsection (c)(2)(B)(iv)--
(i) in subclause (II), by striking `and' at the end;
(ii) in subclause (III), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and
(iii) by adding at the end the following new subclause:
`(IV) subsection (b)(6) shall not be taken into account in applying clause (ii)(II) for 2010 or 2011.'.
(2) IMPLEMENTATION- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Secretary may implement the amendments made by paragraph (1) by program instruction or otherwise.
(b) Study and Report by the Institute of Medicine-
(1) IN GENERAL- The Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to enter into an agreement with the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies to conduct a study on the ramifications of Medicare payment reductions for dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (as described in section 1848(b)(6) of the Social Security Act, as added by subsection (a)(1)) during 2007, 2008, and 2009 on beneficiary access to bone mass density tests.
(2) REPORT- An agreement entered into under paragraph (1) shall provide for the Institute of Medicine to submit to the Secretary and to Congress a report containing the results of the study conducted under such paragraph.

Almost no one can understand and follow what is written in this bill. The people that helped write it, say they don't really understand it. I mean it is supposed to make health care more 'affordable and accesible'. I have read quite a bit of it, and a large portion is just full of shit like, in subclause (III), by striking the period at the end and inserting `. So maybe I am right about it all. Both sides are full of shit as usual, and just love it when all of the rest of us out here argue for just one side or the other.

As far as the CBO estimates, or anybody elses estimates are concerned, you cannot tell me that those people went to 40 other bills and statutes and more that are refered to in this legislation to figure out it's affect on everything. They would need a small army to truly figure it all out. I mean fuck. Half the shit I've read in the bill refers to changing the punctuation of a part of something else.

Anyone who argues one way or the other, and thinks they know what this bill will do to the country, I challenge you to tell me what just this one part of the bill will exactly do to the country and economy. Your going to have to look through numerous bills, statutes and codes to even figure this one part out. Remember, this is a very minute part of it.

I believe that Busybody said it best, "shut up your troll"

and I will add, "you are a freaking dumbass"

once again.. I ask you to use a single solitary fact

you're just a series of talking points

people wouldnt mock you all the time if you actually used your brain

dont be silly SHITTER

you wouldnt know of FACT of it hit you ass first

you are only

PROTECTING TEH NIGGER

Obama's vision:

mywork.jpg

:(

it should be noted

we ALL posted this stuff

HIS INTENT

before teh election

And the Lit Left, snarling and snapping, came to his defense much like they did Weiner.:D

Can you point me in the direction of someone on the Lit Left defending Weiner?

And no, Drixxx doesn't count.

see, you are stupid. that is a fact.

about moving jobs overseas, you would rather keep all the jobs at home. what you fail to see is if a CEO was as stupid as you, by keeping those jobs at home the company would go out of Biz. that means ALL the jobs at the company will BE GONE

but you are to ignorant to understand that

And the Lit Left, snarling and snapping, came to his defense much like they did Weiner.:D

I love how the left wing nuts don't see an issue with Weiner. also how many women are we up to now? 6, 10?

the guy is an ass, and lies. he isn't fit to be a leader.

see, you are stupid. that is a fact.

about moving jobs overseas, you would rather keep all the jobs at home. what you fail to see is if a CEO was as stupid as you, by keeping those jobs at home the company would go out of Biz. that means ALL the jobs at the company will BE GONE

but you are to ignorant to understand that

Nope. Just tarrif jobs out of the country until they are as expensive as in country jobs.

Nope. Just tarrif jobs out of the country until they are as expensive as in country jobs.

wow, tarrif's. that is awesome. so what you are saying is that you can't compete, can't think of new ways ~ how to compete.

so you role over on your back and cry for you mom. awesome

America the land of quitters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back