Today in Anchorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo-6-JPG.jpg

"Alaska State Troopers are medevacing an Anchorage man from an event at this year’s Arctic Man outdoor gathering in the Hoodoo Mountains.

In an email to Channel 2, AST spokesperson Megan Peters says troopers were informed of the injured man -- 40-year-old Ira Edwards -- just before 1:15 p.m. AST’s Helo-2 is responding to pick Edwards up.

“(Edwards) was on the race course apparently when the incident that injured him occurred,” Peters wrote."

What the hell?

I knew right away when I read 'snowmobile', that it was some outsider writing that.

What a beautiful day today, my first day of the year wearing thongs.

I knew right away when I read 'snowmobile', that it was some outsider writing that.

What a beautiful day today, my first day of the year wearing thongs.

A tit bit nipply up this way. Must be the breeze.

I've seen the bore tide and the Belugas coming in, but I didn't know that there was a special term for it. I don't remember the driver mentioning that. Maybe I was still to traumatized after hearing his stories of people who went wading at low tide...

HH-60-Pave-Hawk-helicopter.jpg

A father and his two sons were found by a search and rescue team after troopers received a call from the worried wife.

Eagle River resident Kathern Janes called the Soldotna Public Safety Dispatch around 6 p.m. Saturday night when her husband, Nicholas Janes, and their two sons, John and Austin, had not returned from a hike they had started earlier that morning. She told troopers that none of them were dressed for winter alpine conditions and did not have the necessary equipment to camp out overnight.

Troopers notified the National Guard Rescue Coordination Center, who dispatched an HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter to locate the trio. The three were found near Glacier Lake, near the Crow Creek Mine trail they had intended to hike heading into Girdwood.

All three were transported to Providence Hospital in Anchorage for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back