*loses all aformentioned capabilities along with the ability to sit still*

:eek:

Damn. Just....damn.

*capable of rational thought and concentration*

*opens a PM*

*loses all aformentioned capabilities along with the ability to sit still*

Damn. Just....damn.

Sits in the corner, sipping a drink and whistling innocently.

Thinking: A whole Saturday to myself! I can get so much done! But wait, Netflix sounds good... and I could bake some brownies...
Feeling: Like I'm gonna regret the brownies.
Doing: Not what I should be!

LT: I ate all the cheese. :(

F: Like I want some crisps now.

D: Lying in a candlelit room... Watching Netflix on the iPad.

LT ~ I can see blue sky and, oh my god, is that the sun?!

watery eyed smile

I'd almost forgotten...

Feeling ~ Stupidly happy to wake up a summery morning

Doing ~ Desperately hoping the clouds don't come back.

LT ~ And the holidays officially begin...

happy sigh

Feeling ~ Relaxed

Doing ~ Internally debating Camp Nano options and making breakfast.

How I feel when writing (and I'm sure plenty of my partners can agree)

japbcvpavbzau9dbuaxf.jpg

These are all thoughts:

1. SCOTUS got it right.

2. Conservative Christians have somehow managed to look like even bigger assholes lately. Seriously. How can you even attempt to play the persecution card right now? You feel persecuted because it is illegal for you to persecute people? Do I have that right?

Go Fuck Yourselves.

3. And now we're employing a slippery slope argument for polygamy? Good. Let's. As long as the players involved are over the age of 18 and consenting - should we really give a flying fuck? I mean, seriously. Should we? Wouldn't it be really easy to limit the tax breaks to one marriage credit per household and then not really give a shit to define how many married people can inhabit that household? Is this hard? Does this shit even matter?

4. My sister is a homo. She's also a remarkable human being. Despite having serious learning disabilities and being told several times she was an idiot jock, she chose Northeastern University not because of its stunning athletics program (of which she received a full scholarship) but because of the difficulty and prestige of its school of finance and business.

She graduated towards the top of her class, on time, despite being a student athlete and dedicating 40 hours a week towards her sport. And she did all of that despite two very serious learning disabilities and a crisis of self involving her sexuality - which so many assholes decided had to be a traumatic thing for her. You know, more traumatic than it is for most of us, in ways we can't ever really presume to imagine, for no other reason than "This book says it is bad. So, it must be bad. Feeding people to Lions because they don't share our faith, butchering and murdering millions across a few hundreds of years in creative and horrific ways, extorting people for money so they feel they will go to Heaven, and sheltering pedophiles for centuries knowingly is OK. Just don't fuck someone of the same sex. Who is a consenting adult. And god forbid you love them and want to get married. That's bad."

At an age where most kids are returning home so they can work part-time, smoke massive quantities of dope, get knocked up out of wedlock, catch a hopefully curable STD, and go to as many music festivals as possible - my sister entered into a full-time paid position at a well-known financial institution and proceeded to work 100 hour weeks without vacation for three years. Earning tremendous amounts of respect and finally being offered a position of substance.

Which she turned down.

In order to go back to school.

And get her Masters in Education in a remarkable < 2 years.

With all the same handicaps as before. Plus a full time job which was incredibly demanding.

That she then left, for a dramatic pay cut, to move down to South Carolina to teach impoverished elementary school kids. Because my sister is a fucking sweet and loving human being who really likes country music and swallowed the bullshit message of country hard work americana love your neighbor be polite and golly ain't it swell down here that everyone else wants you to believe.

She thought it'd be more fulfilling. She likes kids and thought Charleston was metropolitan enough that it'd work out.

It wasn't. You're a bunch of bigoted idiots. And my sister left heartbroken when she found out that parents don't really care how happy their kids are or how highly they're scoring in school. Because that shit doesn't matter. The fact you can't pay for private education but you're getting that quality of work being laid onto your kid at a public school rate means nothing to you. Don't thank her. It's OK. Instead, freak out when she has her girlfriend come visit her from Boston, and they're spotted by a member of the faculty who then confides in a parent who is a friend and neighbor, who then goes to the school board, which then has my sister's boss tell her in no uncertain terms that her sexuality has no place in the classroom.

Then drop a few threatening letters and snide remarks in public places and chase her out of town.

Fuck. You.

But it's OK, honestly, because my sister was getting bored anyway. She went back to Boston and got another finance position which made more money than the one she turned down. She's doing OK. And, because that's not enough, she still teaches impoverished kids. Only in a place where she's even more of a minority (She's white. Most of these kids are not.) And she does this thirty hours a week through a program at one of the public schools (FOR FREE, SHE IS NOT PAID AT ALL) where she provides additional math and reading help to students whose parents can't afford it in a district that doesn't have the money anymore for real special needs programs.

That's my sister. All this at twenty-six years old. While your hillbilly fucktards are snorting methane off buckets of their own feces and getting addicted to meth they cook in pepsi bottles.

But they're straight and love Jesus - so I guess you did great and my sister is a lost cause.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

I can only imagine the superhuman my sister and her wonderful (not quite as wonderful but pretty wonderful) fiance are going to raise once they adopt. Or whatever they decide to do regarding children. My guess is adopt here. I'm hoping the child is black and ends up being polyamorous and transgendered. Then I hope that kid becomes president and you're still alive - older and even more miserable - but alive. And maybe that freaks you out so bad you have a heart attack, shit your pants, and die in your fucking trailer.

Where nobody finds you for weeks.

And when somebody does it is because of the smell.

Not the smell of a rotting corpse and stale shit, which will be present in absolute abundance, but the smell of loneliness and defeat in the singular realization that all of your hate and your ignorance and your faux superiority and your paranoia and your blathering and your small-minded argumentative wasting everyone's time bullshit accomplished absolutely nothing and meant absolutely nothing in the long term.

People like you made her cry when she was a kid. And now you make her laugh when you try.

Just don't try in front of me. Because she's my little sister.

And I will fucking kill you.

applauds LI

LT: I want to put that whole thing on FB. It's so awesome.

F: Like I need a holiday.

D: waving to a fish

Goddamnit, I just finished reading LI's praise of his sister. She's accomplished more in her 26 years of life than I've done in 45, and my hat is off to her.

If anyone is mean to her and you want to get medieval on their asses, give me a call. I'll gladly hold them down for you. ;)

1. FISHIE!
2. LI - So I shouldn't be looking to go date your sister?
3. ARGH!

She'd probably like you. But then I'd have a pretty decent idea of how she gets down in private and there are some things big brothers don't really want or need to know.

Goddamnit, I just finished reading LI's praise of his sister. She's accomplished more in her 26 years of life than I've done in 45, and my hat is off to her.

If anyone is mean to her and you want to get medieval on their asses, give me a call. I'll gladly hold them down for you. ;)

Don't worry, I'm a pretty successful guy in regards to material gain and life experience, and she blows me out of the water. Especially at her age. She and I have two distinct differences despite all the things we share - she is absolutely loved by people.

Me, well, not so much. ;)

Don't worry, I'm a pretty successful guy in regards to material gain and life experience, and she blows me out of the water. Especially at her age. She and I have two distinct differences despite all the things we share - she is absolutely loved by people.

Me, well, not so much. ;)

You're liked far more than you probably know. And your sister sounds awesome, in the original sense of the word. Awe inspiring. :rose:

LT ~ Why not, says I. Camp it is.

Feeling ~ Kinda glad I made the last minute decision to do it.

Doing ~ Working on a writing plan.

OK

LT: I just got through telling someone "be careful what you wish for."

How am I feeling: pretty good for an old man.

And what am I doing: I just got through making a little money. All and all, not a bad day.

You're liked far more than you probably know. And your sister sounds awesome, in the original sense of the word. Awe inspiring. :rose:

LT ~ Why not, says I. Camp it is.

Feeling ~ Kinda glad I made the last minute decision to do it.

Doing ~ Working on a writing plan.

I take it where it comes from, Brit. Not all of us can be universally adored, like you. Not all of us deserve it, like you.

<3

LT : Fuck me, LI has one hell of a sister. This is the kind of person the world needs more of - ones who are willing to be true to themselves, and be helpful to others as well.

Feeling : all over the place. I need to pull it all in and get it moving in one direction

Doing : finding the scattered pieces so I get moving in the right direction again.

I take it where it comes from, Brit. Not all of us can be universally adored, like you. Not all of us deserve it, like you.

<3

LT : Fuck me, LI has one hell of a sister. This is the kind of person the world needs more of - ones who are willing to be true to themselves, and be helpful to others as well.

Feeling : all over the place. I need to pull it all in and get it moving in one direction

Doing : finding the scattered pieces so I get moving in the right direction again.

hugs a much missed friend

You can do it. I know you can. :rose:

Back