The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, is the coffee on? Although that Long Island iced tea by the pool does sound tempting.

How did the writing go in the end, John? Did you manage to top off your chapter before Morpheus slugged you on the back of the head? I hope you haven't been sleeping on your keyboard and the next chapter is not imprinted in your cheek!
:heart:

Putting on the coffee now. I still have A LOT to go on this chapter, probably will take me the better part of next month to complete. But I did get a few paragraphs in last night. :D :rose:

Putting on the coffee now. I still have A LOT to go on this chapter, probably will take me the better part of next month to complete. But I did get a few paragraphs in last night. :D :rose:

And you got some sleep as well! Winner.
:rose:

Did you resolve that dilemma about whether to let the characters sniffle on for a while or not?

Hullo sweet thing. How are you?

Mmm, Willie. Just what I need for breakfast in Stepford. :devil: You are The Man!

Just don't let it go to your head. I'm not responsible for any untoward actions you may take. :devil:

(of course, that's not to say I won't enjoy them . . . .)

And you got some sleep as well! Winner.

Did you resolve that dilemma about whether to let the characters sniffle on for a while or not?

More like my body finally gave out on me. :rolleyes:

I figured for this scene, a few tears, a good hug, and a "I thought I lost you" with a "I'm here now" would be enough. Anything left unsaid could be brought up again later in the chapter between the two lovers. :rose:

Just don't let it go to your head. I'm not responsible for any untoward actions you may take. :devil:

(of course, that's not to say I won't enjoy them . . . .)

What! I need someone to blame for all the dancing in the kitchen. At least I can say it's JackLuis's fault when I show up at the schoolgate in a Thai silk peignoir.
:devil:

On the rocks for the blue lady, then. ;)

Yes, please. Just one cube, though. Don't want to water it down too much, do we.

Originally Posted by NaokoSmith

Who ... me? ;) I'm ok. There is a light at the end of the yearbook tunnel, and I got to run outside today, it was such a beautiful day. And I got to spend most of the day on my own. I had my guitar lesson, a pedicure, dinner and a book, then did some work on my blog. Hopefully I'll post a new entry tonight. Er, today. You know what I mean.

So ... a pretty good day!

Yes, please. Just one cube, though. Don't want to water it down too much, do we.

Who ... me? ;) I'm ok. There is a light at the end of the yearbook tunnel, and I got to run outside today, it was such a beautiful day. And I got to spend most of the day on my own. I had my guitar lesson, a pedicure, dinner and a book, then did some work on my blog. Hopefully I'll post a new entry tonight. Er, today. You know what I mean.

That's great! Learning guitar must be so pleasurable. You must post us a tune.

That's great! Learning guitar must be so pleasurable. You must post us a tune.

It is! But it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't practice near enough, either. But at the very least, I get a half hour a week in a small soundproof room with my cool instructor, learning new songs.

I half know a lot of songs, but I don't fully know any. Hence the need to practice more.
But I do love it.

What! I need someone to blame for all the dancing in the kitchen. At least I can say it's JackLuis's fault when I show up at the schoolgate in a Thai silk peignoir.
:devil:

You may freely use me as an alibi, provided that you dance on the kitchen table. ;)

I took guitar lessons as a kid. Horrible experience. My first teacher wanted me to learn how to play polkas first. *shiver* The second teacher gave me a book of songs and told me to pick one out. I picked "Lyin' Eyes" by the Eagles, and was playing it within a couple weeks. Then my instructor died in a car crash, and there weren't any other guitar teachers left on base . . . .

Hope your experiences are better than mine. :p

It is! But it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't practice near enough, either. But at the very least, I get a half hour a week in a small soundproof room with my cool instructor, learning new songs.

I half know a lot of songs, but I don't fully know any. Hence the need to practice more.
But I do love it.

It sounds totally :cool:. I would quite like just to have the half hour in a soundproof room once a week! LOL.

It sounds totally :cool:. I would quite like just to have the half hour in a soundproof room once a week! LOL.

Morning all. And a pretty gorgeous spring morning it is, too. Sun's low in the sky, I was so organised last night I made the packed lunches before I'd even made tea, so I'm en route to work already...

Morning Steve. I'm about to grab another cup of coffee, care for one? How about you, Duchess?

Morning all. And a pretty gorgeous spring morning it is, too. Sun's low in the sky, I was so organised last night I made the packed lunches before I'd even made tea, so I'm en route to work already...

Try not to work too hard . . . and definitely don't get caught doing it. ;)

'Lo Steve! It is indeed a beautiful day over the pond here.

mmm, coffee! thanks, John.

Right? That is one of the best parts. The kidlets sit out in the waiting room with their various electronic devices and I can barely hear them when they start fighting over whose turn it is to play whatsit.

Wow, slyc, that sounds like a terrible experience! Mine is going quite well. I've renewed my determination to practice more, like I do every week. The songs I'm working on right now are an acoustic version of Foo Fighters "Everlong" and the theme song to the Firefly TV show. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

The songs I'm working on right now are an acoustic version of Foo Fighters "Everlong" and the theme song to the Firefly TV show. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

LIKE! Best opening song for a show ever. :D

You may freely use me as an alibi, provided that you dance on the kitchen table. ;)

I took guitar lessons as a kid. Horrible experience. My first teacher wanted me to learn how to play polkas first. *shiver* The second teacher gave me a book of songs and told me to pick one out. I picked "Lyin' Eyes" by the Eagles, and was playing it within a couple weeks. Then my instructor died in a car crash, and there weren't any other guitar teachers left on base . . . .

Hope your experiences are better than mine. :p

Bloody Hell, Willie! I missed this first. How awful.

But of course there is dancing on the table! I find it helps with modelling all those outfits I see in Hot Arabic Chicks, plus all the peignoirs JackLuis is sending my way. I have to try them all out, of course. Crucially important research. I believe in a practical hands-on approach to editing. ;)

Wow, slyc, that sounds like a terrible experience! Mine is going quite well. I've renewed my determination to practice more, like I do every week. The songs I'm working on right now are an acoustic version of Foo Fighters "Everlong" and the theme song to the Firefly TV show. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."

They play Grohl's acoustic version of Everlong on the radio now and then. The differences between the album release and the acoustic version are poignant. It's more soulful in the acoustic.

As for the Firefly theme . . . now, you're gonna have to upload a clip of that at some point. ;)

Bloody Hell, Willie! I missed this first. How awful.

Meh. It was just an anecdote. I figure it was a karmic way of letting me know I was not meant for the musical life.

But of course there is dancing on the table! I find it helps with modelling all those outfits I see in Hot Arabic Chicks, plus all the peignoirs JackLuis is sending my way. I have to try them all out, of course. Crucially important research. I believe in a practical hands-on approach to editing. ;)

Hands-on is always the best way to go, in my opinion. :devil:

They play Grohl's acoustic version of Everlong on the radio now and then. The differences between the album release and the acoustic version are poignant. It's more soulful in the acoustic.

As for the Firefly theme . . . now, you're gonna have to upload a clip of that at some point. ;)

Meh. It was just an anecdote. I figure it was a karmic way of letting me know I was not meant for the musical life.

Hands-on is always the best way to go, in my opinion. :devil:

LOL, I don't know why I'm not surprised to hear you say that.

Well, it sounded like you were doing well on the guitar. Stuff karma, you should take it up again.

And I look forward to hearing you play, Shea!

Catch you later, guys!
:rose::heart: <hugs>

LOL, I don't know why I'm not surprised to hear you say that.

Well, it sounded like you were doing well on the guitar. Stuff karma, you should take it up again.

And I look forward to hearing you play, Shea!

Catch you later, guys!
:rose::heart: <hugs>

No guitar in the future for me. My muse would get confused. :p

Have a wonderful day, Naoko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back