The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How sad is it, that this is probably the roudiest party I'm going to get to attend for a while? :/

Not sad at all. Maybe the party is virtual but the good time is real. :)

And the hangover is virtual as well. ;)

Even sadder, on Friday's, for some reason, the Naked Party is unbelievably quiet. And I hate that, you know? It's bad enough being a greying, middle-aged bear but to be a aging bear with nothing more exciting to do on Friday night but sit at a keyboard with hardly anyone to talk to is down right pathetic.

Even sadder, on Friday's, for some reason, the Naked Party is unbelievably quiet. And I hate that, you know? It's bad enough being a greying, middle-aged bear but to be a aging bear with nothing more exciting to do on Friday night but sit at a keyboard with hardly anyone to talk to is down right pathetic.

I think you mean you're a greying, middle-aged bear with nothing more exciting to do on Friday night but sit NAKED at a keyboard with hardly anyone to talk to.

I'm already there. It's 78 degrees, I'm in the fortress with the water fountain going and the world is at peace.

Sounds lovely! Enjoy....

The teen-queen has a sleepover tonight so I'm enjoying some peace as well. :)

I spent the day mostly loafing, except for getting the kitchen really clean and making up a huge batch whole wheat pancake mix to put in the freezer. Oh, and I cut my first mortise by hand today. Uh, from now on I'm using a router!

I spent the day mostly loafing, except for getting the kitchen really clean and making up a huge batch whole wheat pancake mix to put in the freezer. Oh, and I cut my first mortise by hand today. Uh, from now on I'm using a router!

Hi, Bear. :kiss:

So what you're saying is you are making us pancakes on Sunday? :)

Hi, Bear. :kiss:

So what you're saying is you are making us pancakes on Sunday? :)

Depends on how hearty you like your pancakes. These won't be light. They have oatmeal and whole wheat flour and all kinds of nutty-but-heavy grains in them. A stack of these under your belt and you'll be fortified enough to fend off a marauding cougar . . . with your hat!

I make bread like that. My husband doesn't like it if he doesn't have to chew it for half an hour! LOL.

Well. Hi Di, Bear, Witch, Ecto... who did I miss?

Let's get this party started....right! Who's got the drinks? I need something strong. Been a hell of a week...

Depends on how hearty you like your pancakes. These won't be light. They have oatmeal and whole wheat flour and all kinds of nutty-but-heavy grains in them. A stack of these under your belt and you'll be fortified enough to fend off a marauding cougar . . . with your hat!

Sounds like the ones I make...oatmeal, whole wheat, flax...yummy! With maple syrup or agave syrup. I like both.

I don't like the 'fending off a marauding cougar' part though....I rarely maraud. When I do, I like it to be a surprise. ;)

Sounds like the ones I make...oatmeal, whole wheat, flax...yummy! With maple syrup or agave syrup. I like both.

I don't like the 'fending off a marauding cougar' part though....I rarely maraud. When I do, I like it to be a surprise. ;)

Hmmm . . . did you get your recipe out of the King Arthur Whole Grain Cookbook? That's where this one came from. I augment the original with flax meal and Ancient Grains flour. Yum! They're also good as a side dish at dinner with butter and a wine reduction sauce.

Hmmm . . . did you get your recipe out of the King Arthur Whole Grain Cookbook? That's where this one came from. I augment the original with flax meal and Ancient Grains flour. Yum! They're also good as a side dish at dinner with butter and a wine reduction sauce.

I got mine from the Clean Eating cookbook.

Which Ancient Grains do you use? I've used spelt and kamut flakes sometimes.

Not me. I'd be too lethargic and he'd have his way with me.

I got mine from the Clean Eating cookbook.

Which Ancient Grains do you use? I've used spelt and kamut flakes sometimes.

The King Arthur book is huge. Don't drop it on your foot. The pancake recipes are in the front. The very first one is for spelt. It was so good it was six weeks before we got to the next recipe!

The Ancient Grains Flour is a proprietary mix from King Arthur. "Milled blend of 30% each amaranth, millet, and sorghum flours, plus 10% quinoa flour, is 100% whole grain, with all the bran and germ." You add it 1 part to 5 in any whole grain recipe. Yum!

*steps back out the door and checks the sign* No, not the cooking room. I was getting worried there for a minute!

So, perhaps we can do naked pancakes?

I'm fine with that, given this fur coat, but you smooth types probably ought to at least wear an apron. I've heard that spatters on a bare tummy hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back