The Nail Thread

(>_>) I lose track of threads so easily now. That gold is great, Elle. That's a color that I think would make me blush (I'm weird). I like the colors you used for that design, seela. Pretty combination. :)

Happy place time with Hush Money.

I really like rose gold right now. :) My nails match my phone at the moment.

Hah, my toenails are now this colour too, which is nice, but not what I had asked for :rolleyes:

I had asked for just straight up glittery gold toenails. I wanted to try it. But... oh well. Another time.

This is a pretty neutral. I love the name of it.

Same here! I always love the way they name fingernail polishes.
Pretty :)

Thanks. The name was so appealing to me that it tipped me on the fence. :D

Hah, my toenails are now this colour too, which is nice, but not what I had asked for :rolleyes:

I had asked for just straight up glittery gold toenails. I wanted to try it. But... oh well. Another time.

That's odd considering the color difference. o_O;; If it helps, my toenails are also this color. :D

Thanks. The name was so appealing to me that it tipped me on the fence. :D

That's odd considering the color difference. o_O;; If it helps, my toenails are also this color. :D

Hee, it is growing on me now.
I think it was that the nice lady doing my nails must have forgotten exactly what colour I asked for. And I am too short sighted to see it as it is applied... I didn't feel like hassling her about it though.

I did the accent nail thing again after a long break.

Sally Hansen Pep-Plum and Max Factor Silver.

I like the Pep-Plum color, but I don't like the brush. It's too long and difficult for me to maneuver with my left hand, so I've mostly been wearing it on my toes.

Last edited:
I've neglected this thread a bit. :eek: I've been so busy and I really haven't cared for my own nails in a while. I've painted for another, but haven't really focused on me. I did my nails recently and I did something festive for a xmas party. I'm wearing a limited edition polish called 'Sleigh My Name.' It's a pearly color with gold glitter and stars. It's bright and definitely feels like a special occasion. :)

Seela, I love the accent nail. I just did nails for another and made snowflakes on accent nails so that she could be festive without necessarily celebrating Christmas.

Meekme, I love that color. I've done glittery before but it always chips. Does anything help keep it on longer?

Meekme, I love that color. I've done glittery before but it always chips. Does anything help keep it on longer?

:) Glad you like it.

Weirdly, glitter is my worst enemy. It stays a long time and polish remover doesn't make a dent in it. What kind of base coat do you use? No matter what I use I always put a clear base down and then paint over it. Most glitter polish requires several layers to show the glitter properly. Otherwise I use a base color (I used Tokyo Pearl because it was closest to the glitter base) and only use a couple swipes of glitter. After that I use a strong top coat to seal it. It typically lasts longer than any other polishes I use. Frustratingly it's also the hardest to take off.

I've been MIA since before this thread was started.

Is there a simple treatment for nails that split in layers between the "outgrown" portion of nail? My right-hand middle and ring fingers tend to split this way, in layers, after about ten days of growth. It's very annoying, considering that's my playing hand on guitar. I need strong, solid nails. (Which tend to grow on my left hand with no troubles. Argh!)

:) Glad you like it.

Weirdly, glitter is my worst enemy. It stays a long time and polish remover doesn't make a dent in it. What kind of base coat do you use? No matter what I use I always put a clear base down and then paint over it. Most glitter polish requires several layers to show the glitter properly. Otherwise I use a base color (I used Tokyo Pearl because it was closest to the glitter base) and only use a couple swipes of glitter. After that I use a strong top coat to seal it. It typically lasts longer than any other polishes I use. Frustratingly it's also the hardest to take off.

Maybe it's the top coat? I generally use a base coat with the glitter over that.

Is there a simple treatment for nails that split in layers between the "outgrown" portion of nail? My right-hand middle and ring fingers tend to split this way, in layers, after about ten days of growth. It's very annoying, considering that's my playing hand on guitar. I need strong, solid nails. (Which tend to grow on my left hand with no troubles. Argh!)

My mom swears by something -- I'll ask her tomorrow and report back!

:) Collar had a great post at the beginning of this thread on peeling. http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=79948464&postcount=30
That might be helpful for you. I mentioned before that I try to moisturize my nails between painting to keep them healthy and strong. It's really sticky but my favorite is castor oil.

Maybe it's the top coat? I generally use a base coat with the glitter over that.

My mom swears by something -- I'll ask her tomorrow and report back!

Could be the top coat. If you have really smooth nails (I tend to have a lot of vertical ridges) then it's possible the polish just doesn't have anything to really stick to. I have noticed different brands tend to come off differently. Harder formulas tend to chip off in bits and softer formulas tend to peel right off in rubbery sheets. Try a protective top coat and see if it lasts any longer.

:) Curious about what your mom uses as this seems to be a problem for a lot of us.

:) That nail polish is awesome, Collar. I looked through some of the others and I really like the colors they have to offer. Very cool.

G bought me a thermal nail polish for last years stocking. It's a very lovely wearable pale slightly sweet pink when warm and violet when cold. He loves it at it's so obvious a change, and I like that it's sweet and highly wearable. It's actually what my toes have been wearing for a couple of weeks now. I understand that they don't work forever, so I suggested he chose me a small bottle when I put in on the shortlist of things k might like in my stocking 🤔(We have a system)

Thermal nail polish sounds fun :D

I just got my christmassy nails done :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
Love that colour, Lucy!! :heart:

~~~~~~~~~~

For Meeks :D

kaomoji-nail-art-3.png

Oh, I'm late! ∑(゚Д゚)

That's a really pretty color, LucyBee01.

Love those adorable faces, Collar. (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡

Back