The Nail Thread

Not my usual color at all, neither for nails nor any clothing.
That’s the nice thing about things like nail polish and specific acessoires or clothing like that - being able to stray from the usual course in a low investement way.

My sauna slippers are dark blue Yantra slippers because it was the only colour avaliable in my size.
Now I think I might match the polish to them next time to spice them up, because it is not a very interesting colour. 😁

IMG_1461.jpeg
And for the record I’m not a big believer in woowoo but they weigh next to nothing and take up minimal space in the gym bag or suitcase and it doesn’t hurt at all, despite the toture instrument look.

This is what happened when I asked J if I should do red or purple nails.

I’ll have to clean the edges still.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpeg
    IMG_0093.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 23
This is what happened when I asked J if I should do red or purple nails.

I’ll have to clean the edges still.
Cool!
I had fingernails long enough to paint for a couple of months, but this week they decided to totally disintegrate and when they split and get uneven, I start to ”even them out” as in pick and bite.
There seemsto be healthier nail growing in, so I guess we can blame being sick before Christmas.
Either way, starting over.

Cool!
I had fingernails long enough to paint for a couple of months, but this week they decided to totally disintegrate and when they split and get uneven, I start to ”even them out” as in pick and bite.
There seemsto be healthier nail growing in, so I guess we can blame being sick before Christmas.
Either way, starting over.
I like to have a bit of a nail reset every now and again, too. I just cut them short and start over.

Not picking the nails when there’s an uneven bit is so hard! The same goes for when nail polish starts to chip. It’s so tempting to start picking it off, which is not a good thing for the nails. I’m trying to get rid of the habit…

I bought a new bikini and today it was (almost) warm enough to be outside in it (for about 45 min before I started to shiver).
To celebrate this little taste of summer, I painted my toenails with China Glaze Don’t Desert Me:
IMG_2668.jpeg

It’s ancient, because I don’t use it that much, but it’s still as new.

I bought a new bikini and today it was (almost) warm enough to be outside in it (for about 45 min before I started to shiver).
To celebrate this little taste of summer, I painted my toenails with China Glaze Don’t Desert Me:
View attachment 2347155

I love that shade. It's one of my favorite colors. :)

I love that shade. It's one of my favorite colors. :)
Yes, I really like it but I tend to choose darker shades in the colder part of the year and then things that are more neutral/easier to match with anything in the open toe shoe part of the year.

I’m currently sporting red as well. Seems summery enough!

Luckily I don’t wear open toed shoes very much for foot hatred reasons/general issues, so it doesn’t matter what kind of disco balls I have on my nails most of the time. The Iris mode of wearing something neutral sounds lovely and elegant. One day I’ll be a classy broad like that as well. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 15
View attachment 2347155

It reminds me of opi kinky in Helsinki!
😍

I’m currently sporting red as well. Seems summery enough!

Luckily I don’t wear open toed shoes very much for foot hatred reasons/general issues, so it doesn’t matter what kind of disco balls I have on my nails most of the time. The Iris mode of wearing something neutral sounds lovely and elegant. One day I’ll be a classy broad like that as well. 😎
I like how your pants in a way kinda match the rug

The last color was burgundy but it felt way too dark for fresh spring/summer vibes.

So now the color is sparkly pink. The color is called Trend & Snap and I 100% bought it because of the name. I’ll have to channel my inner Elle Woods at work this coming week, so the color seems very fitting. ☺️

Edit: I just realized the pic kinda looks like I’m giving a hand job to an invisible dick. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_1696.jpeg
    IMG_1696.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 7
The last color was burgundy but it felt way too dark for fresh spring/summer vibes.

So now the color is sparkly pink. The color is called Trend & Snap and I 100% bought it because of the name. I’ll have to channel my inner Elle Woods at work this coming week, so the color seems very fitting. ☺️

Edit: I just realized the pic kinda looks like I’m giving a hand job to an invisible dick. 😁
I love to color and the shape of your nails!

My wife would often text me a photo of her newly manicured nails with her hand in this form and I'd always ask if an invisible dick was in her hand 🤣

I love to color and the shape of your nails!

My wife would often text me a photo of her newly manicured nails with her hand in this form and I'd always ask if an invisible dick was in her hand 🤣
Yup, after I noticed it, I just couldn’t unsee it anymore…
She's changed the form of her hand and fingers now so my mind can't be in the gutter 🤣

https://ibb.co/6Xmzd6V
https://ibb.co/q7PkNLm
That’s a very summery design! Pretty ☺️

Yup, after I noticed it, I just couldn’t unsee it anymore…

That’s a very summery design! Pretty ☺️
I understand exactly what you mean about not being able to " unsee " it ....... my mind goes immediately into the gutter when I'd see her hand that way. Can't lie and probably why she changed it up ........ unfortunately 🤣

It's one of her fancier designs since she usually gets French nails which are actually my favorite. She'd often get a manicure and a pedicure every other week especially in the summer since she's always wearing something open-toed.

I understand exactly what you mean about not being able to " unsee " it ....... my mind goes immediately into the gutter when I'd see her hand that way. Can't lie and probably why she changed it up ........ unfortunately 🤣

It's one of her fancier designs since she usually gets French nails which are actually my favorite. She'd often get a manicure and a pedicure every other week especially in the summer since she's always wearing something open-toed.
She has very beautiful hands/nails!

Just got my toes done today. They're fluorescent green.
Sounds very summery!

I have the red again. I wore open toes shoes for once, and immediately the sparkly red toes got me in trouble for being just too flashy and bright and simply out of place in the setting and company I ended up being in. Not in trouble-trouble, like nothing bad happened. It was just clearly the wrong choice for that situation, even if ending up in that situation was all unplanned. And frankly, the Elle Woods fingernails didn’t really help, either.

I’m really starting to see the wisdom in what Iris posted about more neutral toes being easier. Maybe lesson learned? 😄 At the very least I won’t be wearing open toed shoes for a long while now.

Sounds very summery!

I have the red again. I wore open toes shoes for once, and immediately the sparkly red toes got me in trouble for being just too flashy and bright and simply out of place in the setting and company I ended up being in. Not in trouble-trouble, like nothing bad happened. It was just clearly the wrong choice for that situation, even if ending up in that situation was all unplanned. And frankly, the Elle Woods fingernails didn’t really help, either.

I’m really starting to see the wisdom in what Iris posted about more neutral toes being easier. Maybe lesson learned? 😄 At the very least I won’t be wearing open toed shoes for a long while now.
Ha, Iris is currently on an Intergalactic Adventure:
IMG_3035.jpeg
I don’t think it will fit into everyones idea of neutral, but it will not clash with anything I wear I think and if you are close enough to my toes to spot the holo shift, neutral has left the building anyway.

Ha, Iris is currently on an Intergalactic Adventure:
View attachment 2351614
I don’t think it will fit into everyones idea of neutral, but it will not clash with anything I wear I think and if you are close enough to my toes to spot the holo shift, neutral has left the building anyway.
Okay, I need that.

Edit: Unsurprisingly not in stock anywhere anymore. Sigh.

Last edited:
Back