The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two golden retriever mixes. Both rescues. The one who did all the chewing, got him when he was still a pup. Someone tossed him out on his head on the interstate. Poor little man had a concussion when we brought him home.

He is a golden-chow mix. Supper full of energy, stubborn, but when he is worn out he is the sweetest dog in the world, and he is just beautiful.

The other is a golden...something else. No idea we got him when he was 7 months old, he started playing with my other dog on a walk he was a stray. Couldn't separate them. He followed the other boy home and they have been brothers ever since. He's lazy as hell, but an evil genius. He knows his hyper brother will get into trouble just for the attention. So he waits until our attention is focused on the brother, then he goes and does something bad.

-Chuckles-

Oh my goodness I want to huggle them both! I am an all around animal lover. I would love to have more than one dog, but honestly my lifestyle doesn't allow. Perhaps in the future.

I have a Boxer, she is a super duper cute face and an all around good dog, but if bored or feeling unloved mischievous as all hell. She loves other dogs. It's funny because when we're out in the neighborhood there are certain dogs she HAS to say hello to. Just has to nuzzle and be friendly with. She's not a puller but she did that today with a dog, it was cute.

The other is a golden...something else. No idea we got him when he was 7 months old, he started playing with my other dog on a walk he was a stray. Couldn't separate them. He followed the other boy home and they have been brothers ever since. He's lazy as hell, but an evil genius. He knows his hyper brother will get into trouble just for the attention. So he waits until our attention is focused on the brother, then he goes and does something bad.

-Chuckles-

My dogs are like that too, they always want attention, like me. :D

Yeah, but it is actually a good selling point too. Just about every woman I have ever met gets cold super easy. Being a walking furnace has perks!

I was at a music festival with some friends in high school and it got cold once the sun went down.. I ended up with a ring of girls huddled around me. They said I was "like a fire."

I wasn't complaining.

I was at a music festival with some friends in high school and it got cold once the sun went down.. I ended up with a ring of girls huddled around me. They said I was "like a fire."

I wasn't complaining.

And why would you?

That would be silly.

Oh my goodness I want to huggle them both! I am an all around animal lover. I would love to have more than one dog, but honestly my lifestyle doesn't allow. Perhaps in the future.

I have a Boxer, she is a super duper cute face and an all around good dog, but if bored or feeling unloved mischievous as all hell. She loves other dogs. It's funny because when we're out in the neighborhood there are certain dogs she HAS to say hello to. Just has to nuzzle and be friendly with. She's not a puller but she did that today with a dog, it was cute.

Both my dogs are pretty animal friendly, but they REALLY love people. The chow mix knows he is pretty and gets attention, so when I take him out in public he struts like a model on the catwalk. It is hilarious.

I only wanted one dog, but the other I just couldn't say no too in the situation, besides he was a blessing in disguise. He wears the other boy out which is just not something I can do with my health issues. They get to play and wrestle and have all kinds of fun. They love each other so much it is the sweetest thing. They are totally their own little pack, and almost the same age so it is almost like they were litter mates.

The only dogs they really love is one of the ones next door. She is referred to as the chows girlfriend, because he plays with her through the fence allll the time and they flirt and bark and chase each other along the fence line.

I wasn't complaining.

-Grins- See?

I may not be the best lookin' guy in the world but I run hot and have broad shoulders and a big chest, perfect for snuggling up to and stealing some body warmth.

Both my dogs are pretty animal friendly, but they REALLY love people. The chow mix knows he is pretty and gets attention, so when I take him out in public he struts like a model on the catwalk. It is hilarious.

My youngest dog is like that, then again he's a puppy and still exploring wondering what everything. My husky was rather shy as a pup not that's he's grown he goes to a person, sniffs and is like "whatever" and goes to lay down.

I only wanted one dog, but the other I just couldn't say no too in the situation, besides he was a blessing in disguise. He wears the other boy out which is just not something I can do with my health issues. They get to play and wrestle and have all kinds of fun. They love each other so much it is the sweetest thing. They are totally their own little pack, and almost the same age so it is almost like they were litter mates.

The only dogs they really love is one of the ones next door. She is referred to as the chows girlfriend, because he plays with her through the fence allll the time and they flirt and bark and chase each other along the fence line.

Aw, what a good story and ending. Fate saw to it that your dog has a companion, so he wouldn't be lonely. I've often thought of a companion for my doggy especially lately as I get so busy, but at this point I think we have a good relationship and understanding as a single dog family. She also makes a great a jogging/walking partner.

My youngest dog is like that, then again he's a puppy and still exploring wondering what everything. My husky was rather shy as a pup not that's he's grown he goes to a person, sniffs and is like "whatever" and goes to lay down.

I love huskies I think they are so damn beautiful. That was what I wanted when I decided I wanted a dog, but my golden-chow stole my heart, he totally picked me.

When I was told about him from the guy who rescued him I went to see him to gauge his temperament, health and all that. They had him on a folding chair laying on a towel. He was all curled up and just trembling. He was terrified. I reached out and started to stroke him under the chin. He calmed and in seconds he fell asleep with his head in my hand.

I couldn't walk out that door without him, not after that.

Aw, what a good story and ending. Fate saw to it that your dog has a companion, so he wouldn't be lonely. I've often thought of a companion for my doggy especially lately as I get so busy, but at this point I think we have a good relationship and understanding as a single dog family. She also makes a great a jogging/walking partner.

The first couple of weeks I wanted to pull my hair out. I almost took em both to the humane society they drove me NUTS!

Once they figured each other out though, got the pecking order down, and that nervous, excited energy sorted they have been solid ever since.

I love huskies I think they are so damn beautiful. That was what I wanted when I decided I wanted a dog, but my golden-chow stole my heart, he totally picked me.

When I was told about him from the guy who rescued him I went to see him to gauge his temperament, health and all that. They had him on a folding chair laying on a towel. He was all curled up and just trembling. He was terrified. I reached out and started to stroke him under the chin. He calmed and in seconds he fell asleep with his head in my hand.

I don't blame you. I can't believe anyone would do that to a dog, much less a puppy.

Huskies are awesome!

sadly they shed too much for my allergies. =/

Aw, sweet story!

Okay, I'm gong to stop with the "aw" now. :rolleyes:

Dogs do chose you. Many years ago when I shared a house with the parents we went to get a dog at the shelter and my mom wanted a smaller dog, but I latched on a white German Shepard, nope she needed to come home with us.

She was a good and troubled dog... having been abused and then went a little mental, but we a had few good years and she was able to have a loving home.

Huskies are awesome!

sadly they shed too much for my allergies. =/

Aw, sweet story!

Okay, I'm gong to stop with the "aw" now. :rolleyes:

Dogs do chose you. Many years ago when I shared a house with the parents we went to get a dog at the shelter and my mom wanted a smaller dog, but I latched on a white German Shepard, nope she needed to come home with us.

She was a good and troubled dog... having been abused and then went a little mental, but we a had few good years and she was able to have a loving home.

Germans are amazing dogs. My mom is part of a rescue group for them. I grew up with white german's in my house almost constantly. One of them was HUGE but the most mild dog I have ever seen. My mom used to run a daycare service and Miah (that was the whites name) would just lay there while the kids jumped on her from the couch. Grabbed and tugged on her ears, she never moved a muscle. When my brother and I were kids she was strong enough to pull us through the snow on a toboggan. But she was so gentle and sweet tempered.

The only time I ever saw her go into attack mode was when one guy came to pick up his kid from our daycare and he got mad at the kid and started yelling at him. She got up, put her front paws on his chest and put his ass on the ground and just growled at him. Those kids were part of her pack as far as she was concerned, and if we had given her the go ahead, I think she would have killed that guy.

My sister has Huskies.. they shed like crazy! And so much energy.

Shedding usually happens during the summer, the it grows back come winter. During the winter, he likes to sleep outside. I look out and there he is in the grass laying on his back with his legs spread.

Germans are amazing dogs. My mom is part of a rescue group for them. I grew up with white german's in my house almost constantly. One of them was HUGE but the most mild dog I have ever seen. My mom used to run a daycare service and Miah (that was the whites name) would just lay there while the kids jumped on her from the couch. Grabbed and tugged on her ears, she never moved a muscle. When my brother and I were kids she was strong enough to pull us through the snow on a toboggan. But she was so gentle and sweet tempered.

The only time I ever saw her go into attack mode was when one guy came to pick up his kid from our daycare and he got mad at the kid and started yelling at him. She got up, put her front paws on his chest and put his ass on the ground and just growled at him. Those kids were part of her pack as far as she was concerned, and if we had given her the go ahead, I think she would have killed that guy.

They really are that sweet, but sadly my Tasha was tormented enough before we took her in that she didn't like like kids or other animals. She tolerated my daughter because she was part of the family, but she was most protective of my mom and me. When she started to lose her mental capability she snapped and almost bit my mom. It was hard to let her go.

They really are that sweet, but sadly my Tasha was tormented enough before we took her in that she didn't like like kids or other animals. She tolerated my daughter because she was part of the family, but she was most protective of my mom and me. When she started to lose her mental capability she snapped and almost bit my mom. It was hard to let her go.

Yeah, I had a couple of them with troubled pasts. One shepard we got from a breeder. She was the runt so he couldn't make any money off of her. We think he abused her, and we know the pack attacked her and didn't let her eat.

We named her wilder because she became a wild animal to survive and never lost it. When she would run, she ran kind of half sideways and looking back to make sure she wasn't going to get jumped.

She was ok with my mom and myself, but other men she was VERY distrustful of. She ended up being a sweet girl though. Very protective like you said. I think when a dog goes through something like that and then they find someone who is worthy of their loyalty, they protect them fiercely.

Shedding usually happens during the summer, the it grows back come winter. During the winter, he likes to sleep outside. I look out and there he is in the grass laying on his back with his legs spread.

Achoo! is all I think of with the hair ... sucks...I really would like to have a husky.

LT ~ Awww yay, I walked in on a doggy discussion :D

:)
Doggies are cool.

Yeah, I had a couple of them with troubled pasts. One shepard we got from a breeder. She was the runt so he couldn't make any money off of her. We think he abused her, and we know the pack attacked her and didn't let her eat.

We named her wilder because she became a wild animal to survive and never lost it. When she would run, she ran kind of half sideways and looking back to make sure she wasn't going to get jumped.

She was ok with my mom and myself, but other men she was VERY distrustful of. She ended up being a sweet girl though. Very protective like you said. I think when a dog goes through something like that and then they find someone who is worthy of their loyalty, they protect them fiercely.

It's true, most definitely.

I've never paid for a pure breed. Personally, I like to take in dogs who need a home. My Boxer we took in from a family who didn't have the time to raise her properly. I respect that when a family discovers their limits and acts in the best interest of the dog.

Achoo! is all I think of with the hair ... sucks...I really would like to have a husky.

:)
Doggies are cool.

That they are! :D

And soon there will be a puppy parade. :D

Not really. ):

Yaaaaay, I love...!!

finishes reading

...oh... :(

Well, just to join in, I grew up with labradors all my life, mainly blacks, had one golden in there and a chocolate. Our black now is gorgeous and so so loyal it's insane. She never walks further than a metre or so from me now I'm pregnant and when Mini Brit was born she'd lay as close to the crib as possible...just in case she was needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back