THE EUCALYPTUS TREE...The world's finest Cuisine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martha Stewart Buys Emeril Franchise :eek: :eek: :eek:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. is bringing in a new celebrity: popular TV chef Emeril Lagasse.

The New York-based media and merchandising company founded by domesticity maven Martha Stewart announced Tuesday that it bought the rights to the Emeril Lagasse franchise of cookbooks, television shows and kitchen products for $45 million in cash and $5 million in stock at closing.

The final price could rise to up to $70 million if certain benchmarks are achieved.

The company did not acquire Emeril's Homebase, which includes Lagasse's 11 restaurants and corporate office.

Martha Stewart Living said the deal will "contribute immediately to our performance," adding $8 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. The acquired assets generated $14 million in revenue in 2007.

Martha Stewart Living expects the deal to close in the second quarter.

Lagasse joined the Food Network in 1993 and has hosted over 1,600 shows. His programs "The Essence of Emeril" and "Emeril Live" reach more than 85 million homes daily.

I sent him an email and it bounced back. He'd better not have disappeared on me again!

Luv him t'bits all the same.

Hiya peoples.... :kiss:

I sent him an email and it bounced back. He'd better not have disappeared on me again!

Luv him t'bits all the same.

Hiya peoples.... :kiss:

I have a snail mail card ready & keep itching to call but I am being good at this point and just waiting. :(

You are being very good and showing remarkable restraint.

All I can say is he'd better reappear soon or I'll have to slap him!

You are being very good and showing remarkable restraint.

All I can say is he'd better reappear soon or I'll have to slap him!

hehehehehehe
He may like that ;) :D

OOOO By the way I used the recipes you posted in a wedding gift.
I made a cook book with recipes from all over the world to add to a basket of basic kitchen tools.
They said the kids getting married cooked... not that the groom went to Culinary school.
He loved it! :)

Caramello Koala's

big.jpg

Spicy Cherry Ribs
Recipe Courtesy Guy Fieri

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Yield: 4 servings

2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 pork rib racks (St. Louis style spare ribs)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 recipe Spicy Cherry Glaze, recipe follows
2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Place ribs onto aluminum foil. Brush the mustard onto the ribs. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly. Then cover the ribs with the rub. Let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Wrap the ribs, meat side down, in the aluminum foil then place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 225 degrees F and cook for another 1 1/2 hours. Then, open the foil and cook for 1 hour. Remove ribs from oven, and discard the foil. Cut into 4-rib portions. Liberally slather on the Spicy Cherry Glaze, then place, bone side down, in a roasting pan. Pour the remaining sauce over the ribs and continue to cook for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally. When ribs are fork tender, place under broiler for 10 minutes to crisp the cherry glaze. Serve immediately garnished with scallions and sesame seeds.
Spicy Cherry Glaze:
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup diced red onion
4 tablespoons minced ginger
3 cups canned cherries in syrup, preferably Bing
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons tequila (recommended: Cabo Wabo Resposado)
3 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add oil, onion, ginger, cherries and garlic. Sauté until lightly caramelized. Deglaze with tequila, hot sauce, sesame oil, sherry wine vinegar and soy sauce. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Season, with salt and pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.