The China Pearl Inn part 7

My father in law gets tickets for every Cowboys home game. Rick and I hope to see at least one game this year.

Luv2bfkd I managed to speak to my mother in law, its bad in Austin but not as serious as Houston. How's your new home? Surviving the floods?

We're dry here. It's over 500 miles as the crow flies to the coastal area.

Got all our painting at the house done yesterday. We'll be moving next weekend.

I'm guessing you're far from land in the Pacific. Will you be stopping in Hawaii?
:eek:

I am glad to hear that all are safe and sound G G and those that call the Inn home.

luv2bfkd you must be eager to move into your new home. It sounds like you have been a very busy young lady.

Thank you CG. Yes the inn is our home and we love it!

We Docked in Guam (can't give you dates) and flew from there to Hawaii where we stood to attention and saluted the brave warriors who fell on 7th December 1941. Tonight we watch Game Of Thrones before flying to San Deigo tomorrow.

Although it's not a military threat we are Rapid Response and HQ High Command have told us to be prepared to offer support in the disaster relief in Texas. Means a lot to me because I'm a Texan by marriage and a US Citizen. I'll be proud to help.

We Docked in Guam (can't give you dates) and flew from there to Hawaii where we stood to attention and saluted the brave warriors who fell on 7th December 1941. Tonight we watch Game Of Thrones before flying to San Deigo tomorrow.

Although it's not a military threat we are Rapid Response and HQ High Command have told us to be prepared to offer support in the disaster relief in Texas. Means a lot to me because I'm a Texan by marriage and a US Citizen. I'll be proud to help.

Yeah, Harvey's staying pretty much stationary and just pouring rain. They're not expecting much reprieve until Wednesday.

I know it is projected to get bad there. I hope y'all get a lucky break.

G G I know you and your lionesses will be ready and able if the need arises. I also know it can be very hard not knowing when love ones are in harms way.

LovingFingers

Back in 2010 when I was a new recruit to the British Army my cousin WPUK told me to join Lit and to frequent the China Pearl Inn. Everyone knows the magnificent CG Raven and we girls love him.

But someone I met back in 2013 was LovingFingers who introduced me to creative writing. Together we worked on Charlotte's Conversion. Later HSG, ER, RTY and even my husband waded in.

Today, with a very heavy heart we have agreed that due to real life pressures we must bring the story to a close.

I want to pay tribute to this remarkable man who has become a very good friend. Thank you LovingFingers. You are a STAR!

Back in 2010 when I was a new recruit to the British Army my cousin WPUK told me to join Lit and to frequent the China Pearl Inn. Everyone knows the magnificent CG Raven and we girls love him.

But someone I met back in 2013 was LovingFingers who introduced me to creative writing. Together we worked on Charlotte's Conversion. Later HSG, ER, RTY and even my husband waded in.

Today, with a very heavy heart we have agreed that due to real life pressures we must bring the story to a close.

I want to pay tribute to this remarkable man who has become a very good friend. Thank you LovingFingers. You are a STAR!

You wrote on the same story for four years? Wow, that is a really long time in the world of SRPs. I am impressed.

I thought you ,might as the area has been hard hit G G. Take care ;)

Last edited:
We're going in!

They will be definitely be getting some dedicated help. Some reports state that it's about as difficult getting in as it is to get out.

Wishing you all well. Keep close tabs on one another and come away safely. Guessing it may be awhile before you can check in again. :eek:

G G and her lionesses knw what to do I am sure. Mainly medical triage, and prioritizing medical evacuation. HSG and her group I am sure will be busy coordinating and restoring vital services. They are pros and I for one are very proud of them all.:rose::kiss::rose:

And what can I get for you tonight my dear? It has been awhile since I last saw you. I trust your writing is going well.

Last edited:
GG

A writer and a story are only as good as one's cowriters. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to write with you and your cohort GG. Even better has been becoming friends.

Good luck in Texas! As always, thank you for your service.

It's gone 0630 hours here in Chicago and I've just crept in and out of the shower so I don't wake my sailor boy. Yesterday I called Lt HSG when I heard the Lions and Tigers were helping in Texas and told her I felt guilty I was on leave. I won't tell you exactly what she said but she ORDERED me to enjoy being a woman. And boy am I enjoying it!

My body aches but I know what's caused that :devil: Today we're trying to get tickets for a pre season game. I've never seen grid iron football in the flesh but it can't be tougher than rugby. Tonight I'm invited to dinner to meet his Mum. I've got to try to be really feminine :cattail:

One of my friends (part of the Wolves Cohort) who are still where we came from (and where we were last week) has text me to say some of the actresses Lt GG & Lt HSG met last year have invited us all to a private screening of their new TV series. Seems they and the writers spent a month with NRR and based their characters on what they saw. If I'm in San Deigo I might bowl along.

LovingFingers I'm sorry I wasn't able to post much with you but I enjoyed what I did. Thank you.

It's nearly 0700 hours and someone has just woken up. I've been ordered to come back to bed NOW! I wonder what he wants?

Sounds like your having a good time Robyn. And best wishes for an enjoyable Leave Miss. :devil:ish :D

It's gone 0630 hours here in Chicago and I've just crept in and out of the shower so I don't wake my sailor boy. Yesterday I called Lt HSG when I heard the Lions and Tigers were helping in Texas and told her I felt guilty I was on leave. I won't tell you exactly what she said but she ORDERED me to enjoy being a woman. And boy am I enjoying it!

My body aches but I know what's caused that :devil: Today we're trying to get tickets for a pre season game. I've never seen grid iron football in the flesh but it can't be tougher than rugby. Tonight I'm invited to dinner to meet his Mum. I've got to try to be really feminine :cattail:

One of my friends (part of the Wolves Cohort) who are still where we came from (and where we were last week) has text me to say some of the actresses Lt GG & Lt HSG met last year have invited us all to a private screening of their new TV series. Seems they and the writers spent a month with NRR and based their characters on what they saw. If I'm in San Deigo I might bowl along.

LovingFingers I'm sorry I wasn't able to post much with you but I enjoyed what I did. Thank you.

It's nearly 0700 hours and someone has just woken up. I've been ordered to come back to bed NOW! I wonder what he wants?

Love that term ‘gridiron football’ or ‘gridiron match.’ I’d never heard that phrase until meeting you English ladies here on Lit. The closest I’ve heard is referring to the field as the gridiron.

What’s the title of the TV series, and when is it expected to be aired? I’d love to check it out. I’m assuming we should be able to stream it with the Firestick.

Love that term ‘gridiron football’ or ‘gridiron match.’ I’d never heard that phrase until meeting you English ladies here on Lit. The closest I’ve heard is referring to the field as the gridiron.

What’s the title of the TV series, and when is it expected to be aired? I’d love to check it out. I’m assuming we should be able to stream it with the Firestick.

Yes please Robyn :kiss:

Good morning everyone!

I'm just leaving a little pile of cookies and love here for you all.

Hey Robyn, you go get 'em girl! I guess it's getting serious if you're meeting his mom!!:eek:

Mmmm, cookies... :)

Robyn, there is always trouble in some part of the world, and the bow which is always strung loses its strength, so Enjoy Yourself!

Morning All!

Back