The background?

Dems: "It's all Bush's fault!"
Reps: "No, it's all Clinton's fault!"
Dems: "Oh hell naw, it's all Reagan's fault!"
Reps: "You did not just diss The Reagan?! It's all Carter's fault!"

Did I miss something?
 
It will be much much worse.
His abortion stance is the clincher. If you don't respect the sanctity of life, how can you be trusted with anything else?

Abortion - vs - NRA - vs - war - vs - death penalty -

Here ends the attempt at discussion.
 
24 days to go and this bullshit will be over. *sigh*

Unless there's a recount. :(

Christ, I hate politics! :mad:
 
24 days to go and this bullshit will be over. *sigh*

Unless there's a recount. :(

Christ, I hate politics! :mad:

Agreed.

But I'm fighting for my children now so it remains a major concern.

It'll be over soon.
 
I think the Snopes Article handles most of those rumours. I can speak to the one about valerie Jarrett, his close friend and advisor, being born in Iran. Her father was a famous Chicago newspaper man, Vernon Jarrett, and I believe he was foreign correspondent for a while. I assume she was born while he was overseas. But Valerie is Chicago bred. To assume that she's some kind of Iranian agent is laughable, like saying the Cubs are a soccer team.

Tony Rezko, the crooked financier who helped Obama get his house, was just convicted of influence peddling and has agreed to make a deal with the State's Attorney, naming names in return for a reduced sentence. There's some speculation in the national press that he'll say something smearing Obama but it's not going to happen. The fact of the matter is, that Barack is as clean as they come. He really is. If you want to get him, you'll have to get him on something other than corruption or for "associating with terrorists" because those just aren't true and everyone around here knows it. He's never been a part of the Chicago machine and to say he has ties to Bill Ayers or he's some sort of conduit for a foreign power is just bullshit.

He's the real deal: an idealist, in love with his own potential. Personally, I haven't seen a politician like him since Kennedy. He could be a serious game-changer, just like Kennedy was.
 
Just for fun, take this test...
I posted this on my humor thread; don't know if a lot of you saw it. It's 13 questions with each Obama and McCain giving their answers. There are no right or wrong answers. You just click the answer you agree with more. You won't know which candidate gave which answer. At the end it will tell you which candidate you agree with more. Be honest with yourself; no-one else will see or know your answers.

ABC has a test at the link below to see who's campaign
statements you agree with most, McCain or Obama. They
don't tell you who made the statements, of course, but a
statement made by each candidate on the same topic (economy,
immigration, judiciary, etc.) will be side by side. You just
pick which statement you agree with. After selecting all 13,
you'll find out which candidate's philosophy you
support. No tricks are involved, just carefully read the
statements before making your choice.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/MatchoMatic/fullpage?id=5542139

I took it.

11 out of 13 times, I agreed with Barack Obama. Not a surprise.

I'm not supporting him out of whimsy. I know why I want Barack.
 
I took it.

11 out of 13 times, I agreed with Barack Obama. Not a surprise.

I'm not supporting him out of whimsy. I know why I want Barack.

Ditto this (except that I agreed with 12 out of 13).
 
I don't know a lot about politics but I'm trying.
It wasn't a surprise to me that I came up with Obama when I took it, though.
 
I don't know a lot about politics but I'm trying.
It wasn't a surprise to me that I came up with Obama when I took it, though.
WhenI took it , I was 12 -1 McCain. My was, a democrate, took it and everyone says how opposite we are. She was 11 -2 McCain. Maybe we arn't as opposite in our thinking as we thought.
 
I had all but one Obama.

The one that was McCain's - I was aware it was his when I selected it (well, fairly certain, anyway). I liked both statements of that round, and his just resonated with me a bit more.
 
I had all but one Obama.

The one that was McCain's - I was aware it was his when I selected it (well, fairly certain, anyway). I liked both statements of that round, and his just resonated with me a bit more.
Ditto here. Though I'll add that I was not always certain which was which.
 
I don't know a lot about politics but I'm trying.
It wasn't a surprise to me that I came up with Obama when I took it, though.

I don't know how much more you'll learn about politics here though. :) Cutting through the rhetoric, misinformation and dogma that we put out here can make one's head swim at times though. My opinion is that when it comes to politics the important thing is for all voters to familiarize themselves with all of the candidates platforms, then, most importantly, vote! Vote for the person whose beliefs and objectives best coincide with their own. You don't need to be a political scientist - just stay true to your beliefs after gathering information.
 
I don't know how much more you'll learn about politics here though. :) Cutting through the rhetoric, misinformation and dogma that we put out here can make one's head swim at times though. My opinion is that when it comes to politics the important thing is for all voters to familiarize themselves with all of the candidates platforms, then, most importantly, vote! Vote for the person whose beliefs and objectives best coincide with their own. You don't need to be a political scientist - just stay true to your beliefs after gathering information.

I don't plan on learning anything here since it's rare I read the threads on it.
This was a fluke that I checked this one. ;)
 
Back
Top