The background?

You would think that with the resources available to us we would make ourselves informed, you would think that what you’ve found out would at least make people wonder and start checking it out for themselves. It is as if they are hypnotized and have no free will. They all say the exact same thing. Do you think we will have to call him the Messiah like Lewis Farrakan does or just your majesty? Do they really believe that a band of angels will come down and everything will be wonderful? And what will happen if it is McCain who‘s elected? Will he be given the respect that he deserves or will he be mocked and insulted? I think the country is truly divided and that neither side can see or are even willing to understand the other.

Obama came out of nowhere, with tons of money, and no experience and he is going to be the savior of our country? That’s what really bothers me about him. He’s a junior senator with no record. Yes, he is very smart but who is he really? And why has he associated himself with people and originations of questionable intensions? He hasn’t answered that to my satisfaction yet. Sigh. I hope for our sakes if he is elected, he proves to live up to all of his hype.

McCain has served our country with honor all of his life. He almost died for it; he was a prisoner of war and showed great integrity and bravery. He is willing to, and has the record of, working with both sides of the parties. Yet the far left treats him with the vilest of names and accusations. God help us all. No matter who wins, he will be our leader and deserves all of the respect that goes with that office. I only hope that whoever it is serves our interest with integrity and sincerity and does justice to the office.

I agree with you, where did he get the money to go on that trip all over the world? How did he buy a house for over a million dollars when making only $12,000 a year?

We do have the right to ask these questions and he should be willing to answer them truthfully.

It will all be over in a few weeks. Then the press will find something else to fixate on. I will be very happy to see voting day arrive and leave.

I agree with you that Obama made bad decisions to get his house--but I think they were the bad decisions made by a good many rising poiticians before they can think real clearly on how it might come back to bite you. McCain got his seven houses by dumping his crippled wife and marrying a money bags who could help his political career. So, I think that's a wash.

I also think that Obama should have steeled himself for at least another election round before grabbing for the brass ring.

Not a big deal for me anymore. McCain represents failed policies that have us where we are now. Quite clearly the war (which McCain wants to continue) and the mistake of deregulation (which McCain has always embraced) are quite enough to tell me on pure policy issues that McCain isn't the one.

On top of that, I entered the campaign feeling I could live with either of the candidates. I was quite taken with an early interview of someone in a breakfast joint who said he favored McCain for the Republican nomination because, for what he'd done for the nation, he should have it if he wanted it. But McCain showed really, really poor judgment in taking Palin on for dubious short-term gains--really zany--and now he has reached the point of wanting it so badly that he is fomenting hate mongering to get it.

So, screw McCain.
 
PURE: Saying "did you find McCain’s confession to "black crimes" against the Vietnamese people?" is world-class chickenshit. The man was a prisoner of war and was getting beaten and tortured daily. Using that is reprehensible.
I believe what Pure was doing was not, reprehensibly, presenting and spreading such beliefs on McCain; he was not saying, "did you find these facts!" What Pure was doing was doing was asking DP this question: If he's going to find and believe rumors, gossip and fear mongering stories on Obama, why not find and believe the ones about McCain, too?

I believe Pure was trying to show that the same sort of shameful lies could be said of McCain, and if it turns your stomach to think there are people out there believing and spreading such things about McCain, then you really shouldn't be believing and spreading similar stories about Obama. If a McCain supporter wouldn't want such terrible things said and spread about his candidate, and would very much want people to do the research and know the truth, then they should fairly and rightly do the same for Obama.

If you believe that McCain is a hero and an honorable man, and should not be dishonored by such lies, then why dishonor him by believing stories about Obama that are not true. There is no honor in McCain winning this election on shameful and bigoted falsehoods.
 
I heard and read some of the same Information DP. I'm glad you were able to find where some of it orginated. I heard it on the talk shows and they named where to read about it, but driving along in a car it's kind of hard to get e-mail addies.

I also heard on the radio the other day (national news) that Obama lost $120,000 on the Fannie Mae fiasco, More money from somewhere. I wish I knew his banker. haha I'm with Ed Jones and never recieve returns like that.

To be fair, McCain lost $20,000 IN THE Fannie Mae deal also. I know you won't change any minds here but at least you can say you presented the facts. To bad blind people can't read. Braille would have been good.

I showed this to my Democratic neighbor and she said I don't care. He's a Democrate and has my vote.

Thanks for the posting DP Maybe, a few people will take a second look at Obama and say. Hummm? :(
 
Perhaps it would be helpful if you didn't make so many assumptions. I am university educated...probably more educated than you are, to be honest. Certainly as educated.

You have the right to your own beliefs, certainly, but if you expect any respect for that, then you need to think, do some research, and not rely blindly on something as stupid as the email DP posted above.

When you do that, then respect will follow. Not until then.

Yelp, pblic and prvate edumachation! (Did I tell you I won spylling beeess? but since I only went through fifth grade I will have to bow really, really louw to your superiority in all things of this universe).

It's good! Like I said before try to have a nice day but the weight of that cross on your back must hurt like a bitch unless you're Jewish then it's the Star of David or Muslum then it the Crestent Star...I could go..... but why. You already know everything. :rolleyes:

So there, you self absorbed pompus ass. See, you made me go to your level so I'm sure that you understand. Now I need a bath.
 
Yelp, pblic and prvate edumachation! (Did I tell you I won spylling beeess? but since I only went through fifth grade I will have to bow really, really louw to your superiority in all things of this universe).

It's good! Like I said before try to have a nice but the weitht of that cross on your back must hurt like a bitch unless you're Jewish then it's the Star of David or Muslum then it the Crestent Star...I could go..... but why. You already know everything. :rolleyes:

You need work on the "bitchy" part. Please try harder next time, thanks for playing.

(dear lord, are you even old enough to be here?)
 
Last edited:
I showed this to my Democratic neighbor and she said I don't care. He's a Democrate and has my vote.

Afraid I'm with your neighbor. Off the top, I wouldn't vote Republican this election no matter what. I might not vote Democratic, but my message to the Republicans is that they screwed us so badly for eight years on multiple fronts that there's no way I'd vote for a Republican this round.

In fact, if the Democrats were running McCain (which was a possibility at one point) and the Republicans were running Obama (which, of course, was never a possibility), I still wouldn't vote Republican.

Not a single Republican for anything this round (which is a little hard to do family wise, since my brother-in-law is the Republican county supervisors chairman).
 
A phrase that keeps ringing in my ear - 'Beware of the enemy from within'!!!

So what do you think Obama will do if he becomes president?

Sink the American economy so that it is in financial crisis? Oh to late!

Mandate everyone become "Muslim" like him?

Let his terrorist buddies come in and bomb America?
 
You need work on the "bitchy" part. Please try harder next time, thanks for playing.

(dear lord, are you even old enough to be here?)


Tril is absolutely right on you becoming bitchy personal first, of course. Incivility.
 
Afraid I'm with your neighbor. Off the top, I wouldn't vote Republican this election no matter what. I might not vote Democratic, but my message to the Republicans is that they screwed us so badly for eight years on multiple fronts that there's no way I'd vote for a Republican this round.

And I think they're also doing something very dangerous during this election: stirring-up racial and religious hatred. That is something that will last far beyond election day and will not be easy to heal. As if the country doesn't have enough problems...
 
You need work on the "bitchy" part. Please try harder next time, thanks for playing.

(dear lord, are you even old enough to be here?)

I don't know...Ummm, is five old enough? I am percocious!

(percocious: exceptionally early in development or occurrence <precocious puberty. exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age <a precocious child.)

I know, you only went to university but who knows, it could have been community university. A credited university maybe! And you are sooooooooooooooooo much smarter than I am. Umm, maybe you're smarter than anyone?

Are you a charter member of mensa? Just wondering. (In case you don't know what it is, it's for really smart people, sort of like you.) They have a web site and if you're really good at taking test, you'll do well.
 
Last edited:
And I think they're also doing something very dangerous during this election: stirring-up racial and religious hatred. That is something that will last far beyond election day and will not be easy to heal. As if the country doesn't have enough problems...


I agree. The second nail in McCain's coffin--after his zany, obviously unvetted and undigested, selection of Palin to be a heart beat away from being my president.
 
Afraid I'm with your neighbor. Off the top, I wouldn't vote Republican this election no matter what. I might not vote Democratic, but my message to the Republicans is that they screwed us so badly for eight years on multiple fronts that there's no way I'd vote for a Republican this round.

In fact, if the Democrats were running McCain (which was a possibility at one point) and the Republicans were running Obama (which, of course, was never a possibility), I still wouldn't vote Republican.

Not a single Republican for anything this round (which is a little hard to do family wise, since my brother-in-law is the Republican county supervisors chairman).
SR71, I agree with you quite often. I really don't care what your party affileations are or who you vote for. Some times you make some valid poits.

I'm Giving DP the same courtesy. I've asked and asked why Obama? All I ever got was basically that he was a Democrate or I won't vote for a republican. DP came out with facts that can be checked out and verified. I did check a couple and they are true. When it was Sarah Palin and negative talk we have probably 3000 posts saying how bad she is.

DP made one on Obama and he's a bastard. Doesn't anybody see the onesidedness on this sight? Check out the Information and prove DP wrong. He mentioned names and colleges. Are they wrong? Are the connections he made with Muslims, are they wrong?

Enough for now. Good Job DP.
 
DP made one on Obama and he's a bastard. Doesn't anybody see the onesidedness on this sight? Check out the Information and prove DP wrong. He mentioned names and colleges. Are they wrong? Are the connections he made with Muslims, are they wrong?

Enough for now. Good Job DP.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Obama has associated with Muslims. How, in your opinion, is that such a bad thing? I've had Muslim friends -- Jews too (one was a roommate). Geez, just this morning I spoke with a black man. Good thing I'm not trying to garner your vote for anything I guess...
 
Oh, for the love of Humanity, people! DP has questions. He posed those questions and opened them for discussion. DISCUSSION!

This isn't a discussion. It's an attack.

Yes, I believe the research in the email is suspect, even nearly non-existent. A discussion on why, and where to find valid answers was in order. I see little discussion.

When others came in with a few questions to add, they were attacked as well. Wouldn't it serve a better purpose to try to educate instead of insult?

This behavior is completely unwarranted. Sorry, but I just had to say something. It's disappointing and the reason I stay away from such threads.
 
Let's say for the sake of argument that Obama has associated with Muslims. How, in your opinion, is that such a bad thing? I've had Muslim friends -- Jews too (one was a roommate). Geez, just this morning I spoke with a black man. Good thing I'm not trying to garner your vote for anything I guess...
Not just a Muslim, specific muslims from Iran. I was born and raised in Detroit. My friends were all races creeds and color. That doesn't mean I can't question things that don't seem right.

If Obama was in the senate say 8 yrs, we would have a good past record to look at and vote for or against. We have nothing by his word at present. It might be enough for some but not for me from any politician. We need a few of the actions first.
Thanks for replying.
 
Oh, for the love of Humanity, people! DP has questions. He posed those questions and opened them for discussion. DISCUSSION!

This isn't a discussion. It's an attack.

Yes, I believe the research in the email is suspect, even nearly non-existent. A discussion on why, and where to find valid answers was in order. I see little discussion.

When others came in with a few questions to add, they were attacked as well. Wouldn't it serve a better purpose to try to educate instead of insult?

This behavior is completely unwarranted. Sorry, but I just had to say something. It's disappointing and the reason I stay away from such threads.

I would agree with you, but in this instance the only ones that have posted are those that are already decided based on their past posts in political threads.

...and honestly...if they believe bullshit emails instead of exerting the least bit of effort to find out the truth themselves, no amount of answers will help.
 
Oh, for the love of Humanity, people! DP has questions. He posed those questions and opened them for discussion. DISCUSSION!

This isn't a discussion. It's an attack.

Yes, I believe the research in the email is suspect, even nearly non-existent. A discussion on why, and where to find valid answers was in order. I see little discussion.

When others came in with a few questions to add, they were attacked as well. Wouldn't it serve a better purpose to try to educate instead of insult?

This behavior is completely unwarranted. Sorry, but I just had to say something. It's disappointing and the reason I stay away from such threads.

I am quite ashamed that I posted anything that was negative or harmful or untrue. I just wanted to say that I had questions but I realize now that no one can question Obama or his supporters. Sigh and my brain is empty and I'm a child so I'll take my blocks and go home.:(
 
I would agree with you, but in this instance the only ones that have posted are those that are already decided based on their past posts in political threads.

...and honestly...if they believe bullshit emails instead of exerting the least bit of effort to find out the truth themselves, no amount of answers will help.

I'm sorry you feel that anyone is a lost cause.

I am quite ashamed that I posted anything that was negative or harmful or untrue. I just wanted to say that I had questions but I realize now that no one can question Obama or his supporters. Sigh and my brain is empty and I'm a child so I'll take my blocks and go home.:(

Stop pouting.
 
Oh, for the love of Humanity, people! DP has questions. He posed those questions and opened them for discussion. DISCUSSION!

This isn't a discussion. It's an attack.

Yes, I believe the research in the email is suspect, even nearly non-existent. A discussion on why, and where to find valid answers was in order. I see little discussion.

When others came in with a few questions to add, they were attacked as well. Wouldn't it serve a better purpose to try to educate instead of insult?

This behavior is completely unwarranted. Sorry, but I just had to say something. It's disappointing and the reason I stay away from such threads.
Hi Sweet Molly, I agree. I did go to scoops and they said part of the original letter was false. They also said that Obama started making money in 2000 writing his book. Hmm! 1.6 million he got.
The whole housing deal with the Rizzo guy or whatever his name was is also true. Also about the woman from Iran, also true.

See, I actually looked it up. Thanks Molly and DP. It's not an attack to ask questions. I am a little afraid of a man rising so quickly to the top. I guess not to many others are.
I did think of something which will make me more enemies.
What if (which I hope doesn't Happen) and Obama wins and is killed. Then everyone loses. We get Biden who dropped out of the presidential election because he only got 1% of the Democratic Iowa caucus.

So neither the Dems or Rep. get who they wanted.
 
I am quite ashamed that I posted anything that was negative or harmful or untrue. I just wanted to say that I had questions but I realize now that no one can question Obama or his supporters. Sigh and my brain is empty and I'm a child so I'll take my blocks and go home.:(
I like blocks! Can I come home with you? :heart:
 
SR71, I agree with you quite often. I really don't care what your party affileations are or who you vote for. Some times you make some valid poits.

I'm Giving DP the same courtesy. I've asked and asked why Obama? All I ever got was basically that he was a Democrate or I won't vote for a republican. DP came out with facts that can be checked out and verified. I did check a couple and they are true. When it was Sarah Palin and negative talk we have probably 3000 posts saying how bad she is.

DP made one on Obama and he's a bastard. Doesn't anybody see the onesidedness on this sight? Check out the Information and prove DP wrong. He mentioned names and colleges. Are they wrong? Are the connections he made with Muslims, are they wrong?

Enough for now. Good Job DP.

OK, look, I'm from Inside the Beltway (which apparently has become as "dirty" a concept as "Liberal" has--which I also am). I see how government really works (and how it doesn't). It isn't just "the man" (or, someday, maybe, the "woman") in the White House as the deciding factor on anything--in his own right. It's an administration and, in the legislative branch, a dominant party (as the Republicans had for much of the last eight years) or a hobbled standoff (which is what we've had for the last two, because one party doesn't have enough clout to control decisions). And, in delayed application, it's also about the Supreme Court and who's in office when vacancies come up.

We are at a crucial point (we usually are, of course, but this one is more crucial than usual) to actual DO SOMETHING to get out of where we are.

The Republicans--the administration for the past eight years, and in congressional control for six of the past eight years, and the Supreme Court for the past couple of years--have had a working majority. AND THEY HAVE SCREWED UP THE NATION ROYALLY--NOT JUST INTERNALLY BUT THROUGHOUT THE WORLDAMEN.

As a person--as a prepared person on paper--I actually prefer McCain to Obama. I think both have some screwy things in their past--so who doesn't? I've always admired McCain on his throwing a floodlight on congressional pork bellying. I admire him for sticking to his principles in Vietnam (and I think Sandy Fox nailed it on any statements McCain made while in captivity--I've had capitivity training, and rule number one to is "go ahead and say whatever they want you to say, because we know it is under durress." McCain's refusal to be repatriated for NV propaganda gain went way beyond the expectation and was a true act of personal heroism.) and I admire some of the stands he's taken above the fray.

I've consistently said I didn't think Obama was ready and that, if the Democrats lose what should be slam dunk, it's because he grabbed for the brass ring out of turn and without thinking of anyone but himself. I've never been impressed by his "I've always been against the war," because at the time it all started, he was a nobody nationally, had nothing to lose, and no one cared what he thought anyway--in contrast to Hillary Clinton, who was a U.S. senator from the state that 9/11 had hit the hardest. She would have been smarter in hindsight, yes, to say it was the wrong people to go after, but it would have been suicide for her--and she wouldn't have been representing her constituants--if she hadn't said we needed to go to war against someone.

I do think that Obama's connection with Wright is a black mark. But McCain isn't far beyond him in his connections to a whole bunch of folks, both religious (I could puke at the Pat Robertson visitation) and business.

It's a program-planning party you are bringing in, though. A single party to the administration (even though it's the permanent bureaucrats who decide nearly everything), and either a single party or something crippling to the Congress. Who's watching the congressional elections now? The last CNN check I saw had the Democrats winning a sure vast majority in the House and something like 56 percent of the Senate. (Thank God.)

Even if I liked the policies McCain would bring to the administration (which, mostly, I don't), he could do little or nothing with the Congress he's going to get. And he couldn't do much with a Republican majority, either, because he's personally pissed so many Republicans off that his has no personal political capital with them.

Obama comes with policies I much prefer (what a revolutionary idea--look at the policies they propose. Who would have thought that meant anything?) and a Congress with the votes to pass them.

We are well beyond needing actually to DO SOMETHING. And SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE'VE TRIED AND FAILED MISERABLY AT FOR THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.

The thought of having the truly off-the-wall Palin as president--especially considering McCain's age and medical history--only nails it for me. And McCain's bad judgment, I believe, is what drove that particular nail.
 
Last edited:
We are well beyond needing actually to DO SOMETHING. And SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT WE'VE TRIED AND FAILED MISERABLY AT FOR THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.
This is very much what my husband said to me today. He said he understood how McCain and Hillary, for that matter, might fly off into extreme politicking--or allow for those on the fringes to start slinging mud--given that they've worked hard and been long term veterans of Washington and feel that their chance has been stolen by this new comer.

Which is true. But Obama supporters are really tired of the same old same old. They're tired of people taking baby steps or moving only in a slightly different direction. Sometimes you need to vote in someone who you believe will be fresh, new and different if for no other reason than to tell all the people who want to do business as usual that you're not going to let them keep doing business as usual...because business as usual has only been good for them, not you.

One bit of business as usual that I'm most tired of: those who don't act like they're working for the people of the United States. Who act as if they, as president, or whoever, don't have to answer for their actions to anyone. As if they can do whatever they like without a single thought of the long-term consequences on those who are paying the bills. I want someone who will be accountable, and who will say, "I work for all of you, you don't work for me." And I think Obama is saying that.

People ask, "But what about Obama's lack of experience?" Well, I keep in mind that he's proved himself a reasonable man, an intelligent man who can learn fast, who seems to work very hard to get himself up to speed...and that no president ever does anything in a vacuum. He's not being crowned king, forever and forever and absolute power. He's being voted in as president for four years. And there are a lot of experienced people from both parties he can put on his cabinet to make sure he doesn't sell us to...well, whatever country we haven't already been sold to.

I honestly don't know why people are shrieking in a panic over Obama. Every time he talks he sounds perfectly sane and reasonable, thoughtful and calm. He and his campaign has been mostly civil--he's certainly not sunk to implying that anyone on the other side is "palling" around with terrorists. He's been, as much as he'd been able in this harsh political contest, a gentleman. I find people running, screaming through the woods in terror...a little silly. I'm not even going to run screaming through the woods in terror over McCain, as he has, in the past, seemed perfectly reasonable as well, if not in agreement with my politics.

Palin, however, is a different story. And in agreement with you, sr71plt, she is the one person who would have me running screaming through the woods. Even if the republican party had not fucked up so badly over these 8 years, and acted like my money was their personal credit to gamble away as they pleased, even then I would not vote for any party that put her a heartbeat away from running our country.
 
Back
Top