The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

Here we have Remembrance Sunday in November. In our village we have a service at the Memorial. Since the 100th anniversary of the First World War I instigated a second service. At sunset we light a Beacon on the Quay End. A junior piper plays and children light the beacon. We read the names of those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. It is both a matter of respect and making sure our children understand what past generations went through.

My grandfather was in the trenches of Ypres, my father in Lancaster bombers and my mother recounts hiding under the stairs in the blitz in Liverpool and being thrown across the room by a German bomb that hit two houses down the block…just aged 6,

I thank God I have never witnessed such horrors! 😢
Aye same here Grey, in Canada it’s Nov. 11

Afternoon catch up then off to pick up some groceries...
cataract surgery
That's what my dr recommends. Insurance won't touch a penny unless I actually have cataracts though. Of course that's clear as a bell. :rolleyes:
Ok I'ma try to sleep..cross ur fingers and wish me luck 🤞
🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀
Good morning all. I am mobile but not moving fast. My butt muscle hurts!!! I think it is going to be a couch day! Sitting at a diner for breakfast and it hurts to sit!
I am going to start a sign up sheet. So all you lovely ladies can get in line to rub the sore muscle. Lol
RICE - rest and ice are sorted 🛋️ 🧊
still figuring out the compression and elevation :devilish:
I'm still here, although I sleep a lot to recover
Sleep is very good medicine!
Sorry about the pool - that's a bummer 😥

Afternoon catch up then off to pick up some groceries...

That's what my dr recommends. Insurance won't touch a penny unless I actually have cataracts though. Of course that's clear as a bell. :rolleyes:

🍀 🍀 🍀 🍀

RICE - rest and ice are sorted 🛋️ 🧊
still figuring out the compression and elevation :devilish:

Sleep is very good medicine!
Sorry about the pool - that's a bummer 😥
I did get some sleep..now I'm here to harass y'all...
I mean afternoon all..how goes it? 😉

Tequila over ice...lime...no salt
U958P3540F14251-1407726435-562.jpg

Black Russian in a 12oz. Chilled glass of coke. Please.
Black-Russian-3.jpg

Back