The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

My wife and I live on the east coast but still have our house in California that we visit a few times a year. Sometimes we go separately but when we go together, we drive, mainly because we take our dog. Also because renting a car out there for an extended period of time is expensive.

The 5 day (4 night) drive is pleasant. Mostly I-40, including the old Route 66. We stay at the same dog friendly Best Westerns along the way and I’ve gotten to know the desk clerks at each of them. Our road dog loves it and has racked up about 30,000 miles on him so far.
How many hours do you usually drive at a stretch? I always wanted to do the drive myself!

Morning all.

The Mets metted. Only they can lose in the spectacular way that they did.

0-0 pitchers duel going into the 10th inning. Then an error lets the tigers have a base runner… and then the floodgates opened. the togers scored one run on a blunder, then another… then a three run homer. Then they meekly struck out and grounded out.

Have a good day all. Off to work!
They just gave up. They always do. I don’t think this new manager will make the year. They’ll bring in some old retread halfway through. Bobby valentine will be hovering like a vulture somewhere out of Japan. Lol

I had Alpine speakers, a Pioneer receiver-tuner, and BSR turntable. I remember Blaupunkt was considered a top of the line brand but I didn’t have any of their equipment. Might have put an Alpine cassette tape in my car but can’t remember for sure.
I bought a late model used truck a couple years ago. It has an Alpine system in it! The previous owner even put one of those huge kicker bass mods in the compartment under the back seat (which I really needed for tools🤣…oh well!) and the damn thing just bumps and rocks down the road! The kids love it! This kid especially!

Sadly it came out of NY, so the undercarriage has superficial rust from the salt y’all put on the roads up there in snow country…so it’s time is limited 😥

Home from the drive day yesterday. Eleven hours, a bit over 600 miles. Back to the grind today. That sounds like a gripe, but I'm damned grateful to be here. One year anniversary is tomorrow. Payday is Friday, and there will be a bonus. I had some tools stolen late in February, and last week the boss told me to go score what got gone and they'd make me whole. I did so on Saturday. A body can't ask for better than that.

I wish that I could have done this gig years ago, but I couldn't have. I wasn't the right person . . . yet.

Last edited:
We r under a tornado watch and flood watch..... gonna be ugly here later. AnD i can't get my spend auth and expense report to link and it is passing me off

I grew up in Kansas. They terrified me when I was young

We’ve lived in Colorado for 44 years. Really glad not to think about tornadoes any more.

Hope nothing serious happens. In your area.

I grew up in Kansas. They terrified me when I was young

We’ve lived in Colorado for 44 years. Really glad not to think about tornadoes any more.

Hope nothing serious happens. In your area.
Oh yes! I would not want to be up close to a tornado! we have had some angry winds, but nothing like that, not on my doorstep anyway!

We r under a tornado watch and flood watch..... gonna be ugly here later. AnD i can't get my spend auth and expense report to link and it is passing me off
stay alert to those watches. I lived in the Midwest and came close to tornadoes ... and helped clean up a bit after one. If the watch turns into a warning, it is WAY more important than a corporate report.

Back