The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

You should jump back in! Formula one has been enjoying its biggest global reach ever. They’ve finally tapped into the US market and have three races here now (Austin, Miami, and Vegas), with Las Vegas being the marquee venue now for all of North America.

Some of it has to do with Top Gear being very popular over here on BBC America before Amazon picked up The Grand Tour, ESPN carrying every race live now, and in no small part to Netflix’s F1: Drive To Survive series. In fact if you just watch that you’ll be back up to speed!

Now’s a great time to get back into it. Although Red Bull has outclassed the field for two years straight, major shakeups are coming next year.

I started an F1 thread over in the PG side of the house before I sort of found my tribe over here. I just may revive that thread on the Gen Board side if there’s any interest.
I can’t get into the F1 atm because Max / Red Bull being so far ahead makes it a non-event. The only interesting thing this season is Horner quite literally screwing it up, Newey now walking away and where the dice will fall now. I catch up with this season in the nest series of D2S

Good Afternoon Hilton
It's a little after 8am here in Ohio USA
Is your Sunday going good so faf?
I have had a good Sunday thanks, a good mix of sex, social, and getting some work done. 19. 31 now and I have already come to bed, it has been a long day and I was up, or at least awake from early. We met a friend of the wife for lunch at a steakhouse, I didn't have steak though, just a double cheese and bacon burger with fries and crispy onion rings, which I enjoyed. The restaurant was new and didn't have their liquor license yet, so I popped over to a supermarket and got a couple of cans of lager, which was fine because it was much cheaper than if I had to buy them in the restaurant.

If I’m considered a monk, the apocalypse is upon us!
Or the lineup has changed... welcome back Eros, Priapus, and Aphrodite
It's not all a bed of roses. We have had bumps in the road, but I concede, because most of the time I'm wrong anyway..
IMO all relationships have bumps once the honeymoon period ends. That's when the real work starts - it always takes work though. HEA only happens so easily and magically in Disney movies.

45 years is an amazing achievement and testament to you both!

Or the lineup has changed... welcome back Eros, Priapus, and Aphrodite

IMO all relationships have bumps once the honeymoon period ends. That's when the real work starts - it always takes work though. HEA only happens so easily and magically in Disney movies.

45 years is an amazing achievement and testament to you both!
Omg a scholar of the classics! Eros etc…not many know that

Omg a scholar of the classics! Eros etc…not many know that
IDK about scholar, but yes, before our contemporary gods there were gods of the Greeks and Romans (and likely many, many more cultures - those were just the main ones that would crop up in my classes back when). Just like in ancient times when the pagan symbolitry would be replaced by Christian, etc. a lot of our symbolitry for Valentine's Day, etc. has older roots, too.

Afternoon, everyone.
Chilly and drizzly here. Had a lovely lie-in after all the family festivities yesterday. Fun but exhausting. Waiting to hear if it will be late lunch or dinner for today's gathering. Sipping some mint tea until I hear back. 🍵🫖
Here's some coffee for the rest of you ☕☕☕☕☕☕
Thanks, I'll help myself to a coffee, got any rusks?

IDK about scholar, but yes, before our contemporary gods there were gods of the Greeks and Romans (and likely many, many more cultures - those were just the main ones that would crop up in my classes back when). Just like in ancient times when the pagan symbolitry would be replaced by Christian, etc. a lot of our symbolitry for Valentine's Day, etc. has older roots, too.
Oh my, yes!! Hey I am/was a history major and you have piqued my interest.

🫖 🍋🍞🍳🥓🧇🥞☕☕☕🥃🍯 order up - help yourselves

Organic herbal tea is my water alternative: mint, ginger, hibiscus, raspberry, orange/tangerine are my primary preferences

Tea w/ lemon and honey is great for a sore throat, cold - but the pre-mixed bags use a different balance than I like, so I'll mix my own

Not a history major myself, but greek and roman mythology and some of the classics cropped up in a lot of the English Lit courses from high school and college. Was always very helpful to have a professer who could/would help explain the history of the time as it related to whatever we were reading. Otherwise so much context and meaning was lost. I remember some of the classics from those classes where the teachers helped to enrich these stories with the stilted, old-style language we were reading at a young age. More respect and acceptance for non-secular lingo these days since I'm more of an "ancient" now to the kiddos. 🧑‍🦳😊

Progress is slow, but it's . . . progressing. Stocks are next, and then cleaning the truck.

4f714727ac070a09d908032e5eb72a74.jpg

Truck is mostly clean. Loading is underway. Packing has started. Supper is in the oven. Windows are still open but don't seem to have cats in them any more.

New adventure in the morning . . . .

Man. Busy weekend. Worked at our farm yesterday till 5. Then showered up, grabbed an early burger and beer and went to asbury park.

Asbury Park was very seedy and definitely very dicey up until about 10 years ago when it started to get gentrified. I think I’ve seen more fights and fisticuffs in Asbury Park than any other place.

Lots of good clubs, including the legendary stone pony. Saw me and the gimme gimmes and had a great time. Theyre an all cover punk rock band. Plus, throw in some 50s Vegas longe schtick between songs and it was a great night.

Today, I helped a friend take down a tree and cleaned out a section of the woods.

And know waiting for the charcoal to get hot for dinner.

Hope you all had a nice and productive weekend!

Last edited:
Back