Teamsters union donates to another GOP cause. What does it mean for Democrats?

SugarDaddy1

Literotica Guru
While most unions have already endorsed President Joe Biden, one big fish in the labor movement is spreading the love around and holding out its support.

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters turned heads by donating $45,000 to the Republican National Committee earlier this year and has now made further GOP inroads by donating $5,000 to Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO).

Still, for the union to donate to the GOP at all can be seen as unusual. The RNC donation was its first to the organization in 20 years.

“Within the union itself, I have tremendous support,” Trump said following his meeting with Teamsters President Sean O’Brien. “They like what I do. They never had a better four years than they had during the Trump administration. I can say that for a lot of businesses and a lot of people, African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, they had the best four years they’ve ever had.”

Unions supporting the candidates who wish to destroy them is always a fun take.

I'm shocked that the leadership bowed to the rank and file.

Usually they are pretty dismissive of their wishes.

$5000 to the weediest, most pathetic joke of an insurrectionist MAGA.

How many votes is that worth?

This is a drop in the bucket and most unions support the Democrats. If anything, this will lose the Republicans some votes.

This is a drop in the bucket and most unions support the Democrats. If anything, this will lose the Republicans some votes.
Remember, when we talk of Unions and clout, we're not talking to the private sector unions, they have shrunk on the vine. The Unions with power are quasi-government organs in the public sector preying on the largess of the people, fighting for our tax dollars and not so much the rank-and-file many of which are forced compulsory into the unions in order to work.

Most of those do not endorse Republicans any more than they sway the vote.

Another great argument against unions: forced politics.
Actually if you were just a wee bit more full of shit you'd be at 100%. My Union, an IAFF affiliate, had no right to give any of our dues money to any candidate or cause we did not support. Every member of our local had a separate account that WE controlled where it went and who we supported. All we had to do was tell the treasurer where we wanted our money to go and that's where it went. There were many of us at odds with who the national leadership supported and that's how we won this right to choose where our money went.

Further, even before that plan came into effect, just because the Union leadership backed a candidate didn't automatically mean the membership voted for them. Many locals openly supported candidates, Trump for example, that the national leadership did not.

Actually if you were just a wee bit more full of shit you'd be at 100%. My Union, an IAFF affiliate, had no right to give any of our dues money to any candidate or cause we did not support. Every member of our local had a separate account that WE controlled where it went and who we supported. All we had to do was tell the treasurer where we wanted our money to go and that's where it went. There were many of us at odds with who the national leadership supported and that's how we won this right to choose where our money went.

Further, even before that plan came into effect, just because the Union leadership backed a candidate didn't automatically mean the membership voted for them. Many locals openly supported candidates, Trump for example, that the national leadership did not.
Anyone in a union voting for republicans are welfare queens benefitting off the dues of other members.
It is disappointing any contribution given by a union to a republican, especially the traitor that is Hawley, and that is why voting and holding leadership to accountability is vital.

Workers comp, health ins, overtime pay, paid vacay, sick leave, weekends off, and child labor laws are just a few of the things unions have brought to ALL workplaces. Sorry you dipsh!ts here are too dense to see that. The leverage alone that unions give to workers to negotiate a higher income alone would seem, by itself, to be the strongest selling point to the ladder climbing, acquiring of material goods republican crowd that populate this thread, but ya can't help stoopid. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Another great argument against unions: forced politics.

So you’re a “libertarian” who is adamantly against the right of employees to form whatever groups they want?

That’s a bizarre type of libertarianism you’ve got there. Freedom for everyone … except not for some.

So you’re a “libertarian” who is adamantly against the right of employees to form whatever groups they want?

That’s a bizarre type of libertarianism you’ve got there. Freedom for everyone … except not for some.
I never get the argument of the common worker against unions. Never. Corporations are considered people. Corporations don’t hire lawyers, they have law firms. Corporations get government bailouts and huge tax breaks and can fire the common worker at will in right to work states. The average American worker does not have the means to go into court to fight for their jobs if needed. Give me something to replace a Union and I will be all for it.

Back