Table 6 (closed)

She feels electricity from the contact of his hand zing up her arm so she moves her own to rest on top of his.

Risa takes another healthy sip of her drink, noting the warm buzz of the alcohol coursing through her. With as close as they are, it would be so easy to kiss him right now.

She chuckles at his inquiry. It isn’t lost on her that his last few questions are his own.

Under the table she slips out of her flats and her feet find his ankle. One hooks behind it, while the other ever so slowly slides up along the inside of his leg. Up his calf, over his knee, along his thigh…

“I mean, aside from stating things verbally,” she shrugs, feigning innocence of the very ministrations she’s exacting upon him, “I think I have my ways of making my interests and intentions clear.”
 
Last edited:
He feels her hand fall on top of his own.

Oh my god, that actually worked. He lifts his thumb to stroke the the soft patch of skin between her thumb and index finger.

Her feet begin to explore.

He raises an eyebrow and gives her what he hopes is a confident grin. Play it cool Matt. Play it cool.

He lifts his glass to take a casual drink just as her foot passes his knee. The sharp intake of breath floods his sinuses with alcohol vapors and when it hits the back of his throat he coughs reflexively, splashing bourbon on his hand and face.
 
“Oh my gosh, Matt, here let me—motherfu-”

In a matter of seconds, she switches from unabashedly flirting to genuine concern, and in the process of quickly bringing her legs back, she completely nails her other knee under the table; rattling their table top and yet again drawing the attention of the rest of the restaurant.

Her head dips on a wincing groan as she wills her tears to remain behind her eyes.
 
Matt had been fully prepared to die of embarrassment. Then Risa apparently thought 'hold my beer'.

He should be concerned. He should be sympathetic. But his body has other ideas and he let's out a breathless wheezing laugh.

"I...I'm so sorry." He cant continue as another fit of laughter steals his breath.

"Oh god...no...okay...I'm done." another quick laugh. "Are you okay?"
 
His wheezing laughter sets off her own fit and within moments both of them are laughing at the hilarity of it all.

“I’m ok, I just-“ another fit of laughter courses through her before she can take a few breaths to come back to her self.

She dabs tears from the corners of her eyes with a napkin and attempts to continue, “I just can’t help but think that by the time we leave, my legs are going to be completely battered by this table, and your shirt is going to find a way to be totally drenched by both our drinks.”
 
Matt wipes the drink front his face with a beaming smile. They'd only just met, but Risa made everything...easy.

"Well. Now we have both thoroughly embarrassed ourselves in front of everbody. I normally wouldn't suggest this ten minutes into a first date but, you wanna get out of here?"

"We could go grab some dinner? Stop by the ER? At least get some ice packs for your knees." He cant help laughing again.
 
“You actually read my mind,” she shares, relieved.

Risa laughs as she stands, “My knees will be ok. I might walk a little gingerly like I have osteoarthritis, but I’ll be fine.”

Without a thought, she slips her hand into his as they make their way towards the exit. “I’d love to get dinner with you. Do you have a place in mind?”
 
He can't help smiling at the warm fuzzy feeling he gets when she takes his hand.

"Are you feeling white tablecloths and moody candlelight. Or vinyl booths and harsh florescents?" He says, as he holds the door open for her.
 
Back
Top