Star Wars: Cataclysm (OOC)

pimpmar

Really Really Experienced
10,000 BBY. The Galaxy stands at the brink of war. The Jedi hold dominion over countless star systems, their protection stretching from the core worlds, far beyond the outer rim into Wild Space. Countless Jedi warriors patrol and police the planets, enforcing their will and way of life on the people therein. They refer to it as an age of great peace.

But, a darkness is brewing. Beyond the outer-rim, Sith war-lords who were content to squabble among themselves and be a general nuisance, have suddenly grown quiet. Rumbles of a massive civil war reach Republic Space, and all traces of the Sith religion disappear from the Galaxy for almost 200 years. Now, a great sense of foreboding falls before the Jedi, as they can tell something is amiss. Somewhere, beyond the stars, a great power is forming. And it is coming to crush all they hold dear.

"Something wicked this way comes."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright Ladies and Gents, this is the official OOC and sign-up thread for Star Wars: Cataclysm. The galaxy is about to be embroiled in the worst kind of war, and it's up to us to fight it. There is no requirement on class or creed, you can choose to be a small-time shop owner in the middle of Tatooine, or the most bad ass bounty hunter in the 'verse. Jedi, Sith, somewhere in the middle, it's all up for grabs.

I am not a stickler for sign-up sheets, so standard fare will do. I am not going to "GM" this RP, this is strictly writer oriented and progressed. I will be fulfilling the role of Sith Lord, but that doesn't mean I have to be the only one, back-stabbing and infighting is the law of the land for these people. So, without further ado, let's introduce the Main Antagonist for the (at least first part of) series.

Name: Darth Destinus
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith, Sith'ari
Race: Zabrak
Planet of Origin: Dathomir
Alignment: Dark Side, Unquestioned leader of his faction of Sith
Appearance: Body-molded dark gray body armor, covering his impressive physique. At six foot two, he is tall and lanky, lithe muscle cut down to rock solid proportions. His horns are a little longer than most of his species, giving him a more majestic look. Over his armor lies his long hooded, black cloak. Traveller's boots come up knee-high.
Weapon: Dual red-bladed lightsabers, that have conjoining hilts (can be dual wielded or single wielded as a double ended saber). Obvious advantages and disadvantages for both styles, harder to connect them than it is to disconnect them. Typically uses only one saber unless he feels threatened.
Force Powers: Not so attuned to the Force in the philosophical sense, Destinus is a powerhouse when it comes to it's physical applications. Force choke, lightning, grip, and push are all techniques he's mastered. Not so powerful in the art of persuasion, telepathic communications, or general attunement to the filaments of the universe.
Personality: Destinus is brutally arrogant, as he is powerful. He is feared for his martial prowess, as his skill with a blade is nigh unmatched within the Sith ranks. He is granted the title Darth after his successful conquest of the final Sith warlords beyond the Rim. He takes no apprentice, and is generally mistrusting and a bit paranoid. He is often mistaken to be a foolish brute, a weapon best suited for striking and not leading. Many have made that mistake, and many have died for it. He is as cunning as he is strong. He does, however, lack a wide-screen view of the Galaxy, and is often impulsive. Despite his veneer of arrogance, internally he is self-conscious that he is not strong enough, and is always pursuing more strength, more power. Such a single-minded character can often find himself in trouble

Destinus' rise to power was as rapid as it was brutal. Born in the wilds of Dathomir, his force sensitivity was noted at a very young age. The Witches of Dathomir helped him probe the dark side of the force, and it embraced him in a wicked and cruel way. It called to him, and sent him on a quest to Korriban. It was here, in the tombs of the death Sith Lords, that he was taught how to build his light saber, and how to master it's uses. For many years, he roamed the catacombs, fighting the spectres of dead warriors and exploring the force with his mind. Frustrated with a growing list of inabilities, he decided that the pursuit of power would help him clear the fogginess that the Force had brought over his senses. Despite being brutally powerful, he still felt as though he was weak, he could not see and feel the force the way others could.

He was not gentle with his application of the force, bending with it and using it to his will. He would tear it from it's true nature, abuse it and torture it. It gave him great strength. It left him with great weakness. At the end of his trainings, he declared himself an ascended Sith, or Sith'ari. He headed beyond the outer-rim, and sought to conquer the rival Sith factions in wild space. Week by week, star systems would either fall under heel, or see themselves obliterated by the unstoppable renegade. As more joined his cause of a unified Sith banner, the stronger he became. Many warlords sought to ally with him, and become his commanders, as his unorthodox teachings and strategies allured them. They may have finally found the one to bring the war to the Jedi. And that is exactly what he planned to do. With his sights firmly set on the core worlds within, Destinus was ready to bring the cataclysm down on the Galaxy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaand away we go

Last edited:
I'm going to see about reprising my role from before. Hopefully I'll be able to do more than one post this time. :) Again, not likely to post often, maybe once or twice a week if lucky, as work takes up a large portion of time.

Name: Primary alias - Jodo Galak

Sex: M

Race: Human

Appearance: Bald head, mustache-goatee, scar cutting diagonally towards the nose across the right eye. About 6 feet (2 meters) tall, 200lbs (90kg). Lean and dignified.

Weapons: None known

Character Background:
Very few hard facts are known about the one called Jodo Galak, but rumors and legends abound, many of them contradictory. One consistent rumor is that he is a crime lord with power and influence that rivals that of the Hutts. He has his hands in everything criminal and most things legal. His name is known throughout the criminal underworld, often spoken in frightened, reverent whispers. He is also rumored to have facilitated the rise and fall of many planetary governments, but nothing is known for sure. One thing about him that isn’t rumor is that those who have direct contact with him, often end up dead shortly after.

No one knows for sure how or when Jodo Galak came into power, but it is told that he gained his power by infiltrating criminal organizations and taking their assets after destroying them from the inside. Where he operates from is unknown, but there have been sightings of him from Coruscant to the Outer Rim. What images of him that do exist vary greatly in race, from Duros to Niktos, from Twi’Leks to Rodian, and everything in between.

The truth about the one called Jodo Galak, however, is perhaps the galaxy’s best kept secret and the one least suspected.

Spectacular. His one post was solid from the last thread, I hope to see Jodo become a major power player in this thread. In a two-sided war, the third-side usually wins.

Name: Alixa Jen'ai

Sex: Female

Appearance: Petite, only about 5 foot and 100 lbs. She is slender and lithe from her years of training to be a Jedi. A scar graces from the corner of her lip to the corner of her eye on the left side of her face, still a little fresh. Short blonde hair and blue eyes.

Weapons: A curved hilt lightsaber, much like the one Count Dooku would come to favor hundreds of years later, with a blue blade

Force powers: Alixa is quickly becoming a master of Makashi, Form II of lightsaber dueling taught at the Jedi Temple. She is an excellent healer, and is very in tune with her emotions, which is uncommon for a Jedi.

Personality: Alixa is typically very peaceful compassionate, and a sweet person to talk to, even in the midst of battle. She is very rarely angered, but it's very scary when she is. Intelligent and stubborn, she has a slight mischievous side and likes to sneak away to go fly.

Alixa Jen'ai came as a very young child to the Jedi Temple, and was picked for apprenticeship at age ten by Master Jo'lu Vidue, where she worked hard and accompanied him on tough missions. The two got along very well, except when Alixa's feelings about something got in the way and clouded her eyes for the mission. The Temple soon learned that Alixa was a natural empath, and that there was nothing they could do to repress that. She knew that war was coming, and she wanted to be prepared. She has just recently lost her Master to a vicious battle with a Sith, whom escaped. She was given the rank of Jedi Knight, the Council having decided that she had passed the Trial of the Flesh during the battle, where she received her scar.

Was hoping for Ra to join up so that I could reprise my starting role, since my other writing partner isn't here that means one thing and that means I have to go it alone.

Yeeeehaw!

Name: Alec Starx
Height: 1.78m
Weight: 95kg
Hair: white
Eyes: faded blue
Weapons: Data pad, three light sabers, heavily modified blaster pistol, cred stick, Sith private field generator and a dual bladed light saber.
Bio: Not much is known of Alec, what can be said is that neither Sith nor Jedi have much love for him. He is an assassin, a Force sensitive assassin and if the price is right he will take down any target. Alec grew up in the dark alleys of Imperial City, there he learned to fend for himself and to even support his family. After his mother died from fever and his sister died in a skirmish between two gangs, Alec found that there was no more life for him in the imperial city and he stowed away on a freighter ship. That is the last know thing of Alec, until he popped up on the radar in Dantooine after killing a Jedi Knight named J'les D'thrak. Since then Alec have killed two Jedi and numerous Sith and he have kept only three light sabers. It is unknown if he can actively cloak himself from Force users and if it is a skill he had been born with. What is known is that he had proven himself knowledgeable of light saber techniques and how to counter them.

More about Alec will be revealed IC :)

Two more awesome characters, fantastic! I contacted Ra to see if he wanted to reprise his role, I even contacted Poohlive to see if he wanted to bring his character back too. DeathsKnight, if Ra comes back, I have no problem with you running both characters (you're previous Jedi and you're current assassin). I'd love to get two or three more characters up, and then I'll create the IC thread.

So far:
Sith: Darth Destinus
Jedi:Alixa Jen'ai
Unaligned/Rogue: Jodo Galak, Alec Starx.

Hopefully we can get one more Sith (maybe even two), and another Jedi character. I'll typically be handling the Sith's larger war efforts via Destinus (unless we get another awesome Sith writer who wants to give him a run for his money, the more the merrier). I'm hoping we can get another Jedi character who can provide that master-role/tactician, to go along with Alixa's super-endearing Jedi Knighthood.

Let's keep the ball rolling guys!

I've been thinking...the intro you give above and your character bio seems to put this story in a period of time before Knights of the Old Republic, even before the Mandalorian Wars and Revan, for those who are kinda familiar with the Star Wars timeline.

It almost seems like there was no Sith Empire before your character came along, just feuding warlords. If this is true, what's the state of the Sith Empire now? Is it still a work in progress or is it firmly established?

I ask because I'm wondering if my character is going to get to play games with Imperial Intelligence. :devil:

I'm going to throw up the IC thread tonight, if more people grow interested, they're more than welcome to hop on in.

Jedi, I placed it as the Sith Empire falling apart after the events of KOTOR, and that they scattered into Wild Space (which is almost kind of true). I took the creative liberty to turn surviving Sith into factional beings, with infighting being the name of the game. Destinus will literally just be completing his conquest of the Sith factions in the first IC post, turning his attention towards outlying Jedi outposts.

Okay, so we're somewhere in that three hundred year gap between KOTOR and SWTOR. So, no full fledged Sith Empire just yet but getting there. Jodo might actually get to toy with pre-Imperial Intelligence then. Fun. :cool:

Just a heads up, I'm working almost all weekend, so my first post isn't likely to happen until early next week.

Sorry for the long wait guys, I was really hoping to get another writer or two on board, but it seems that such a hope was silly. I'm crafting the IC thread now.

Name: Dann Jakk
Race: Anzati
Height: 1.78m
Weight: 90kg
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Equipment: Data pad and cred stick
Weapons: A green dual bladed light saber.
Bio: Born different, it was some time before it was figured out what was different about Dann, he didn't have to feed on "soup" to sustain himself, he had seemed to find a way to draw sustenance from objects which had enough Force energy. Several years he was studied and then finally he grew tired of these probings and made his escape.

It was during this escape that he came across a Jedi Guardian, after a very short alteration it became clear that Dann was not a "normal" Anzati, Elvon Braxx brought Dann to the Jedi consul, after a long interview, it was found that Dann held no danger and that his sensitivity of the Force was greatly advanced. After even longer discussions, it was decided that Dann could study as a Jedi, but that he had to be watched intently.

Dann found a different world through his studies and he became a star student despite his "advanced" age. He even allowed the Jedi council to study him through the Force, it became apparant that the difference in Dann was more an evolutionary mutation than anything else. Dann finished his training as Padawan and became a Jedi Guardian. At the start of this story he will be fresh from his Padawan training and still have no experience outside the academy

Last edited:
IC thread is up! I know that the Bakur mining corp only finds Bakura some 150 BBY (thanks wookieepedia), but I needed somewhere out of the way to start this thing off. Don't mind the bend! :D

Have away, Gents. Let's start a Universe at War!

If you would have me, I'd love to take part. My job that kept me from being active before is no more. So for a while I have some time.

Name: Thallan Kadien
Race: Human- Corelian
Class: Jedi Shadow
Weapons/equipment: Orange bladed lightsaber, heavily modified blaster pistol, Wrist launched grapple, mono-filament garrote. Thallan wears grey robes over bronzeum body armor, including a mostly featurless mask/helm.

Thallan has been a dedicated Jedi, serving the council in covert operations for many years. He is one of the few Jedi to have foreseen the return of the Sith, he and his fellow sentinels having prepared for the inevitable war to come. He is a master of stealth, both by training and with the aid of the force. He has trained his whole life to be a swift blade from the shadows, a striking wind of justice. He is an army of one, dedicated to the seeking, and destruction of anything Sith.

Nevyn Black, welcome to the team! The IC thread literally just started, there isn't even any back-reading to do. Post as soon as you see fit, we'd love to have you.

By request of pimpmar, here is the Jedi Master who will supposedly command the Republic forces. Maybe. Up to pimpmar.

Name: Xerran

Title: Jedi Master

Race: Rattataki

Home world: Rattatak

Appearance: 5’10”, 180lbs. Chalk-white skin, bald head

Weapons: Dual-phase lightsaber, silver primary color, silver with black core secondary

Background:
The Rattataki are a near-human race characterized by the chalk white skin and bald heads. Isolated from the rest of the galaxy, they developed a violent culture revolving around gladiatorial combat, and as such are skilled warriors. However, their isolation wasn’t complete; Rattatak was occasionally visited by mercenaries and other malcontents seeking to either watch or take part in the gladiator fights. Eventually word of the Rattataki combat prowess reached the ears of the Sith and many Dark Lords came for the thrill of the fight or to ‘recruit’ soldiers for their armies.

It was one of the Sith’s ‘recruitment’ trips, more accurately described as a mass kidnapping, that Xerran was taken from Rattatak at a young age along with hundreds of other children. Managing to escape the Sith, Xerran snuck aboard a smuggler’s ship and ventured into the galaxy at large. After wandering the seedy side of the galaxy for a few years, he was discovered by the Jedi and found to be quite gifted with the Force, enough so that his age and his past were overlooked, allowing him to be accepted into the Academy.

The few Jedi familiar with the Rattataki were concerned that their violent culture and Xerran’s past wanderings would cause him to succumb to the Dark Side easily. However, he proved able to control himself, instead channeling his race’s seemingly natural violent tendencies into becoming one of the best tacticians the Jedi had ever seen, made all the more so when it was discovered that he had a talent for the rare Battle Meditation ability.

When it comes to the lightsaber, Xerran is certainly not the best, but he is good enough to hold his own if needed. In combat, Xerran draws upon the Force, utilizing a wide array of abilities with considerable skill to keep his opponent off guard, and enough power to finish the job when the time is right.

After becoming a Master, Xerran now serves with the Republic military, helping to train their officers and develop new tactics and strategies.

Awesome, Jedi. That's a perfect fit.

I hope the rest of you guys aren't mad at me for the request. I want this story to be on a personal level, so I love having the Jedi Shadow, the fresh out of recruitment, and the underworld characters. They make the world spin. I just needed one character who could be a mover and shaker on the political scale, mobilizing troops and defining the scope of the inevitable invasion. I look forward to this thread moving forward. =)

As long as I do not upset master Khan I'm all for the fun.

I will most likely start my characters up by later tonight or tomorrow, got to make lunch for tomorrow and see if I have dinner for tonight.

Sorry for stealing Lord Vaas from you, Nevyn, but that was too good an opportunity for Jodo to pass up. Thallan is welcome to overhear all or part of Jodo's conversation with Vaas. Anyways, this should make things interesting to Thallan. :devil:

I'll be working on putting up a post for Xerran soon. Rest assured, it probably won't be as long as Jodo's was. Maybe. :D

Sorry for stealing Lord Vaas from you, Nevyn, but that was too good an opportunity for Jodo to pass up. Thallan is welcome to overhear all or part of Jodo's conversation with Vaas. Anyways, this should make things interesting to Thallan. :devil:

I'll be working on putting up a post for Xerran soon. Rest assured, it probably won't be as long as Jodo's was. Maybe. :D

No it was perfect. You bastard. Now Thallan has a real challenge on his hands. ;)

I'll try to post soon. Just moved someone in from across the country and she doesn't have Internet right now, meaning the only place I can log onto here is school :/ Don't worry, we'll see Alixa soon enough :)

I think I may have used my weekly quota of creativity in that post for Jodo; I'm drawing blanks on an intro post for Xerran. :( I've got bits and pieces, but nothing that I can put together in a post. It also doesn't help that my work week just started, so there isn't likely to be anything IC wise until next week.

Only thing I really have definitive in my head for Xerran is having a Republic Hammerhead-class frigate in high orbit over Bakura that would see the Sith fleet arrive on long range scanners, and once it realized that what it was seeing was an invasion fleet, it would attempt to high-tail it out of there, broadcasting a warning over all Republic channels back to command. Something along the lines of "Oh shit, we're screwed" would do, or a more formal "Large hostile fleet, Bakura lost."

Maybe you can work with that, pimpmar?

Absolutely, Jedi. I'll let Xerran feel Destinus' presence, and have the presence of mind (all puns intended) to flee back towards Republic space. I won't control Xerran per se, only interpret the actions from the Sith point of view. The invasion of Bakura will start (and probably end) in Destinus' post. The only thing I'm worried about is Thallan. I don't know how to write him into the invasion post, I had counted on Destinus meeting a player-character level of resistance so soon. I don't know if Thallan wants to get the hell out of Bakura before the invasion, or if he'll try to hit Destinus head on. Once we resolve that, I can get to work finishing this post.

Back