Songs begging for a story.

Richard Marx's Hazard is desperate for a whole novel. Did the dodgy cop actually kill her? Does the singer get framed for it? Is she actually dead? Etc.

So many songs are pretty straightforward - I want you, I miss you, or why can't I have you. Or "shit, I'm gay" - eg Smalltown Boy, It's a sin.

Don't you want me? (Human League) could have the story of their relationship told.

Actually, Bohemian Rhapsody could make a good story, of the narrator who has killed someone and has to tell his mother he's going to be serving a life sentence. Erotic? Possibly not.

Calling all Nations (INXS) is about getting someone to a good party so might actually have erotic potential:
Take the chains from your mind
Take the chains from your feet
And do the sex dance
'Cause it's necessary

"Fairytale of New York." Notice who is playing the cop in the opening scene. So your story has the same title. Science Fiction/Fantasy category? I've got to read that.
Same title, some of the same themes. It's been well-received, with some very kind comments from other writers here.

Fountains of Wayne, Stacy's Mom Has Got It Goin' On

I hope the Karaoke event comes back so I can get that damn story done and submit it. I was feeling good about it.
A problem with Stacy's Mom is that he has to be over eighteen, or just go to another site. It's possible that a college-age guy would think that way (how many stories like that are on here?) but the point of the song is that he is too young to understand the reality of the situation. Notice that the actors in the video appear to truly be teenagers, not the twenty-somethings who often get the roles. But true, never underestimate how juvenile American males can be at any age. And Fountains of Wayne have a knack for doing very catchy pop songs.

A problem with Stacy's Mom is that he has to be over eighteen, or just go to another site. It's possible that a college-age guy would think that way (how many stories like that are on here?) but the point of the song is that he is too young to understand the reality of the situation. Notice that the actors in the video appear to truly be teenagers, not the twenty-somethings who often get the roles. But true, never underestimate how juvenile American males can be at any age. And Fountains of Wayne have a knack for doing very catchy pop songs.

I know. I don't think a story version of that video would fly here. But the OP's query wasn't limited to LITEROTICA stories, just stories generally. That's how I took it. You could age it up and make it work with 18-year-old high school seniors. Perhaps a young man who just graduated and is trying to earn money from lawn-mowing before going off to college.

The narrator of this song seems to be about nineteen or twenty, but the woman he is pining for is his age. His emotions, for sure, are a throwback to his younger days - the juvenile male I mentioned. Hackensack is a town (actually a small city) in northern New Jersey, and the Wayne in their name refers to another town not too far away. Could be a story here however.

"I saw you talking to Christopher Walken on my TV screen." Nice rhyming.

I know. I don't think a story version of that video would fly here. But the OP's query wasn't limited to LITEROTICA stories, just stories generally. That's how I took it. You could age it up and make it work with 18-year-old high school seniors. Perhaps a young man who just graduated and is trying to earn money from lawn-mowing before going off to college.
I love Literotica, but I got so tired of that 18-year-old rule and the hoops one has to jump through that I do coming of age stories on other sites. That started five years ago!

'The Power of Love' by Jennifer Rush.

I've used the lyrics and theme, "And I am your lady, and you are my man. Whenever you reach for me, I'll do all that I can" in the Romance Story Laura's Cardinal

Part inspiration for my last Lit story came from Taylor Swift's version of 'All to well' (10-minute version, from The Vault). Amateur percussionist: moving to the beat of a different drum now and again adds to a broader perspective, IMHO.

Gordon Lightfoot, Affair On 8th Avenue.

The perfume that she wore was from some little store on the down side of town.

Richard Marx's Hazard is desperate for a whole novel. Did the dodgy cop actually kill her? Does the singer get framed for it? Is she actually dead? Etc.

So many songs are pretty straightforward - I want you, I miss you, or why can't I have you. Or "shit, I'm gay" - eg Smalltown Boy, It's a sin.

Don't you want me? (Human League) could have the story of their relationship told.

Actually, Bohemian Rhapsody could make a good story, of the narrator who has killed someone and has to tell his mother he's going to be serving a life sentence. Erotic? Possibly not.

Calling all Nations (INXS) is about getting someone to a good party so might actually have erotic potential:
Take the chains from your mind
Take the chains from your feet
And do the sex dance
'Cause it's necessary
There is a story in this INXS song, although it must be pretty dark. That's okay, dark works on this site too.

I was 18 for real and a senior with a hs girl as a neighbor who's name happened to be Stacy. Her mom was rather attractive and happened to have a pool, too. I got the chance to see her in a swimsuit a couple of times, though it was a modest mom sort of suit. Still a very relatable song, especially with the names matching and everything.

I was 18 for real and a senior with a hs girl as a neighbor who's name happened to be Stacy. Her mom was rather attractive and happened to have a pool, too. I got the chance to see her in a swimsuit a couple of times, though it was a modest mom sort of suit. Still a very relatable song, especially with the names matching and everything.
I didn't say it was impossible, it's just that I want to be able to do it in whatever way without a site's interference. When I had a girlfriend at age 19, her mom was age 51, I think (born 1924) and she was on her third marriage by then. It's difficult to generalize, but she did nothing to make herself look younger. I got the feeling that she was tired of all that - doing things to look attractive, I mean. She became my mother-in-law eventually, and she was certainly very kind to me. Now I'm divorced and my in-laws passed away thirty years ago.

I didn't say it was impossible, it's just that I want to be able to do it in whatever way without a site's interference. When I had a girlfriend at age 19, her mom was age 51, I think (born 1924) and she was on her third marriage by then. It's difficult to generalize, but she did nothing to make herself look younger. I got the feeling that she was tired of all that - doing things to look attractive, I mean. She became my mother-in-law eventually, and she was certainly very kind to me. Now I'm divorced and my in-laws passed away thirty years ago.
I wasn't trying to disprove your point or anything. You just brought back a memory of being 18 and having Stacy's mom across the street.

I started to write a story around this, but stalled. Maybe I’ll dust it off.

Emily

I've already done two versions of Genesis - Home by the Sea. Perfectly lends itself to horror.

Fiddled with some ideas for Alice Cooper - Wind Up Toy. ( non-erotic horror )

In a similar vein, if less dark, Phil Collins - Take Me Home. That's always felt like the overly-medicated musings of someone who's in a mental institution because of some nefarious relative.

The songs that sing their stories to me are a little darker than average. LOL

I don't know about the song, but I think I definitely need to write a story inspired by this dance:

Wow!

There's a song on Bruce Springsteen's album Born to Run called "Meeting Across the River". Someone challenged a bunch of authors to write their own stories around the song and published them as an anthology.
The $2,00 mentioned in the song would be over $11,000 today. Still, not a life-changing about of money either way. Many of his songs could be stories here.

The $2,00 mentioned in the song would be over $11,000 today. Still, not a life-changing about of money either way. Many of his songs could be stories here.
Despite my very sheltered upbringing, I spent two years living in a barrio surrounded by petty criminals. Two thousand or eleven thousand, either way it would be their big score - until they'd blown it all a week later and were hustling for petty cash.

The difference between Meeting Across the River and most other Springsteen songs, I think, is that for once the lyrics paint the picture of a tiny moment. A lot of his other songs create a much broader image.

The $2,00 mentioned in the song would be over $11,000 today. Still, not a life-changing about of money either way.
IMO the whole point of the song is, for these losers, it will be life-changing. Not only a badly needed infusion of cash, but it'll repair the damage to their reputation (the song doesn't say what caused it, but it does let you know the problem exists: "Word's been passed this is our last chance").

Back