Social Experiment - Ladies, Send a PM to a Random Man on Lit for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a good idea as I’ve gotten to the point that I gave up contacting anyone else. I only chat with two ladies on a regular basis but would be Kool to meet more to chat with.
There is the whole thing that anytime a man contacts a woman the women get turned off by the fact they get so many pm’s it gets overwhelming. I know I probably turned some off as I’m just an average ordinary guy and don’t have a catchy phrase or line to win a woman over in the first sentence of a pm. So I just come on and read the threads and make a comment or two and I’m done til later in the day!
Im in a truck. So I might go in and out of reception. But it's not always about catchy lines or whatever. Sometimes it's just about giving something that allows us to make conversation. Saying hi or what's up, doesn't offer much. I admit I often keep my messages of because I post pictures, and don't like the occasional crude comments that can come with that. Just because I'm posting something, doesn't mean I want to hear what you'd do to me. Especially if I don't know you.
It also means if im answering questions like how many orgasms I've had, I want messages offering to help me with more.
Sometimes it means I miss out on very nice conversations by having them off. But I often interact with those I see interacting in theaters anyway.
Ah such a shame. Too bad I haven't gotten a single PM for the last two days. If only a girl would talk to me. Damn.

Lol liar

This sounds like a good idea as I’ve gotten to the point that I gave up contacting anyone else. I only chat with two ladies on a regular basis but would be Kool to meet more to chat with.
There is the whole thing that anytime a man contacts a woman the women get turned off by the fact they get so many pm’s it gets overwhelming. I know I probably turned some off as I’m just an average ordinary guy and don’t have a catchy phrase or line to win a woman over in the first sentence of a pm. So I just come on and read the threads and make a comment or two and I’m done til later in the day!

I'm only speaking for myself, but maybe your problem is that you only make one or two comments in the threads and that's it. Maybe you should participate more so that people can get to know you and see what kind of personality you have. The guys that I do chat with, I had made friends with them in the game threads. At one time or another they made me laugh and made playing in the thread fun. So when they did PM me or I PM'd them, I felt comfortable talking to them.

There are quite a few game threads in the PG, or even other type of threads that you might find interesting, so I suggest you find some that you could have fun in and participate. I'm pretty sure you'll start making friends if you do because there are some really nice people that chill there.

That's my opinion anyway :)

So wait, have you guys all met? Sassy and JJ know each other. Have you two met Gracie? I've never seen you guys talk. Since we're all here, I might as well introduce all of you.

So I did get a pm yesterday, and I did feel special. I like this experiment.

Hope you're somewhere warmer than where I'm am if you're camping sassy, it's doing it's best imitation of almost winter here.

Might I be able to add my name to the list? I Hope my odds are greater than the lottery.

Well I haven't PM'ed anyone yet (still deciding) but I have had two random PM's that I've responded to. It counts, right? :D

Now why isn't there a thread encouraging men to send random women a pm.... I wonder...

Well I haven't PM'ed anyone yet (still deciding) but I have had two random PM's that I've responded to. It counts, right? :D

I think it counts. I used to send random PMs whenever I'd see a posting in the random PM thread (which I haven't seen in a while). My return rate was about 50%, and most of the replies wouldn't go much past two or three messages. Maybe I should rethink and retry.

I think it counts. I used to send random PMs whenever I'd see a posting in the random PM thread (which I haven't seen in a while). My return rate was about 50%, and most of the replies wouldn't go much past two or three messages. Maybe I should rethink and retry.

I’m good for atleast 4

Many years ago on a different alt, I made a thread like this on the Personals and it became really popular. The guys really liked this thread a lot. So, I'm hoping it gets traction.

The point is that men are always sending random women PMs on Lit. We want to talk to you ladies. We really do! But, it's tough when we're competing with hundreds of other guys! And since we think with our dicks, we throw our chances into the garbage.

So, here's the change. Women, try to take the initiative to PM a guy you might find interest in.

There is only 1 rule. And I want this to be clear.

The recipient of the PM cannot be me. I will not respond.

So, what do I gain from this? Well, ideally this sparks conversation inside this thread which, in turn, makes for some really interesting topic discussion. And I love that type of interaction.

This is a way for both men and women alike to enjoy the Personals.

Have fun. :cattail:

Will do. Will join in...

I am about as random as it gets...yet no PM's :confused:

*scrolls up to the top of the page* whew I did post this on the right thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back