Slumdog

I like Danny Boyle's work too and really, I'm not panning the movie. I am just trying to tell you why it is not as impressive to me. It is a good movie (but to nod to the opening post, not the best I've seen this year. I saw Water in January and Oh my God, that was heartbreakingly beautiful. Not to say Water was released in the past year. But you know what I mean.) :)

No, I don't think Boyle is riding on the Bollywood bandwagon at all (is there a Bollywood bandwagon in the first place? ) Yes, I suppose the movie will make the western world take notice of India. But that was happening even before this movie - in terms of culture, places to travel to, world politics in a minor way, etc.
I'm not sure how it will affect the Hindi Film Industry, if at all, in terms of how the west views it. So... well, I don't know really what it will do. Except maybe getting more filmmakers interested in Indian subjects or casting Indian actors in their movies?

Really I was only interested on your take - sorry if i seemed to be drilling you! Like you said i'm not sure either what it will do for Indian movies - I think that maybe the Indian soundtracks will do good business from it if nothing else! Thanks for sharing your opinions with me!
 
Really I was only interested on your take - sorry if i seemed to be drilling you! Like you said i'm not sure either what it will do for Indian movies - I think that maybe the Indian soundtracks will do good business from it if nothing else! Thanks for sharing your opinions with me!

You're welcome. :)
 
Back
Top