Short Men

CelticFrog said:
I think it all boils down to attitude. If you're a bitter, angry person because of your size, then people will likely see that. If, on the other hand, you make it your mission in life to find all the spiffy wondrous things that short men can do better (without developing a superiority complex), then you're going to just ooze confidence and sexual energy.

:)
Ang

For some reason, my four best friends in HS were all over six feet tall. Everywhere we went, I looked like a third world dictator with his bodyguards.

My opinion has always been I can't do anything about it, so make the most of the advantages and work around (or under) the disadvantages.

BTW, most of my buddies now have bad knees, bad backs, high bloodpressure, etc. that I think are due to their height.

-- Slo

As I was watching the SAG awards tonight, I started thinking about this thread when Peter Dinklage got up for The Station Agent. In the clips of the movie, I realized that he's a cutie pie and guess what? He's dwarf short. But there's nothing wrong with that. Same with the guy who played mini-me. I read that he married a longterm sweetheart of his a while ago, who's a model I believe, and she's at least 6 feet tall, if not a bit taller. If that doesn't show that the size of the person shouldn't matter, then I don't know what will. :D

That is one thing I'm very picky about - height. I dig tall men. I'm short, but I love my men very tall.

I'm an (almost) 5-4 guy. My two best relationships have been with girls just under 6'. I didn't find them; they found me.

The first just have a thing for shorter bearded guys. The second had been married to a guy an inche shorter than her, and swore the next one would be taller. Then she decided I was worth persuing even though I'm so much shorter than her.

I once calculated on the back of an envelope that only 1 in 65,000 women would be a good match in both directions (my kind best for her; her kind best for me). The last two zeros are because I wanted someone shorter than I, and that's only about 2% of the female population.

Geometry is a problem. While we can do very well in bed together, there are just some things I will never be able to do with her because of the height difference and a few (like spooning) which don't work as well as they could.

Every now and then I'm sorely tempted to take a petite thing to bed just because I could fulfull the traditional caveman male ugre to be in physical control.

Tacky Daddy said:
really?

i just couldnt imagine going out wit a girl that much taller than me...

on a sexual level though, it would excite me a lot - i love it when the woman is in control

i just think she wants more than sex, and im not really ready for that cause i feel like i got so much more to try before i commit to one person... the best thing for me would be to have a mistress or something like that, somebody i could try all my kinky fantasies with

she just isnt that kind of girl :(

But wouldn't it be uber hot if the tall woman was submissive to the short guy? :p

Oh well, it was a fleeting fantasy, lol. I'm short too, so I was fantasizing hypothetically ;)

I don't have a preference when it comes to height. My preference lies in the size of his mind (honest) and his hands!

hmm

im just curious as to what women consider short. im about 5'9 without shoes on and i sometimes worry about my height even tho im usually taller than everyone else lol

What I find fascinating is that this is something people would truly be concerned with or turned on by. Height has never been much of an issue for me, but I'm coming from a comfortable mid-range height of 5 foot 7 inches tall. Or short depending upon your height.

The range of what people find sexy is incredible. It ranges from funny, like a tickling fetish to truly strange. And I'm not meaning to hijack the thread but I have to admit height has never been an issue with me. After all, a 6 foot tall woman is the same height as a 4 foot tall woman when they are laying on the bed waiting for you. :)

Granted a taller spouse might be useful, but so is a step ladder, and far less annoying at points. :D

height

I've always had a thing for tall men. I'd have never ever thought of even considering dating a guy under 5'9". So, life brings a 5'6" guy my way - and I'm totally smitten. Basically, height is the least of my concerns, now that I'm growing up mentally. Looks is the second least. Mind and heart and sexual appetite in that order...long live the shorties of the world! (I'm 5'5" and a half.)

You have no idea what it's like to spend 10+ years of your life with a woman 6"+ taller. Geometry is an issue!

It's subtle, but not being able to do a few things can really get to your ego if you let it. Try throwing her across the bed, spooning her inf ront of you, or kissing her while pumping away.

Worse yet, many women are drawn to tall men, which shrinks the available pool of shorter women for short men by at least a third, just judging from those who supplly "I'm looking for men xxx tall" information the dating ads.

Tacky Daddy said:
i didnt really know where to post this, but i got a question:

are any of you ladies out there turned on by short men?

i know it might sound strange, but this girl i know told me yesterday that she is really turned on by my height... i was like "wtf?!!?", but she said she always had a thing for short guys

i found this really hard to believe since she 5'9 herself and im only 5'5, so therefore i would like to hear what some of you ladies on here think about this?

is she being honest with me? and if not, why would she tell me a thing like this? :confused:

thanks in advance

As I stated on another thread, if a man exudes confidence, I don't care what he looks like (tall, short, fat, thin, etc.). But then again, I'm 5'1" so I've never had to consider the issue.

Take her at her word because it took guts for her to say it (I'm assuming).

I personally would not actively pursue a relationship with a guy shorter than myself. Tried that a couple times, and with my being 5'10, I had to bend down to kiss, hug, everything! I'd much rather be the one looking up.

Anythings possible, im a guy and deffinatly preffer shorter women id say 5'2" with tits and an ass and a cute smile would be my perfect woman lol. and im 6'3" :eek:

MercyMia said:
But wouldn't it be uber hot if the tall woman was submissive to the short guy? :p

That happens more often than many realize. :p

My two lovers are shorter than me. But I'm only about an inch taller than both.

As long as they are not really shorter, I guess.

Okay, you'll have to forgive me, I'm in an absolutely giggly mood here and everything's a joke.

So... having said that... you wouldn't have to go very far down, would you?

Okay... trying to be serious here...
Short guys are some of the coolest creatures around. They have a lot of advantages other men don't. They don't get glared at as much if they're casually staring at a woman's breasts because they just look like they're looking forward.

They fit in places other people don't. Okay, well I had jet intakes in mind there, but you could use that for just about anything. Like sports cars. Some people just can't look right in them. If you're short, at least you FIT in it.

I think it all boils down to attitude. If you're a bitter, angry person because of your size, then people will likely see that. If, on the other hand, you make it your mission in life to find all the spiffy wondrous things that short men can do better (without developing a superiority complex), then you're going to just ooze confidence and sexual energy.

Ang

But then again, I am a short guy 5'6 and something, most women, everything else being equal prefer guys that are taller than they are.

The solution I came up with is chuck the tall girls, minimal success there anyways, and go with shorter ones i.e. 5'4" and shorter. Much much higher success rate.

I find tall guys intimidating unless they're rail-thin, so I'm more likely to feel comfortable enough to flirt and stuff if a guy is around my own height, 5'4". It's not a really strong preference, if I thought a guy was really pretty I wouldn't give a damn how tall he was; I've seen particularly cute guys who were 5' and ones who were 6' 4".

Also, I'd like to point out that any two people are going to have some sexual positions and activities that don't work for them. There's no point getting hung up about it since with a different partner you'd just have different technical difficulties. :D

Last edited:
"For a short man, you stand taller than some really big guys that I've known"

Lisa, F. Circa: 1984

Back