*'Sanctuary' for Us *

The doctor looked at Isis. "I think waiting until the stitches are out until you shift back again. I'm sorry but I don't want to injure anything during a shift."

Henry
He walked over to Isis and looked over her leg and then forgetting everyone was around just kissed her on the forehead.

Isis

Nuzzling against the kiss from Henry she smiled slightly though the Dr's words were not what she wanted to hear. Her hand seeing out Henry's hand she looked to him.

Could you find out about Helen the baby and Ashley please.

Isis

She smiled softly to him leaning close and kissing him softly before letting the painkillers drift her into sleep with her hand still in his.

Henry

He called will up at the hospital for an update. All was good.

Will

He picked up his phnoe and looked at it. It was Henry. He answered Henry's questions and then looked to Helen and Tesla. He poked at Tesla and said "Well you know the youth definitely has a lot more to offer Helen then something old and dried up like yourself."

Tesla snarled, "Oh, there's much to be said for age and experience, dear boy. Just ask you dear Helen how crazy my venom makes her. Why, it's a good thing I try to be a gentleman or Ashley could've had herself a couple of older siblings..."

Helen scoffed again and slapped Tesla on the arm, "Not true. I still had some sense in my head." she said, feeling it may have been a fib. Back when he'd bitten her she would likely have done him, she would have done anyone who'd wanted her those 24 hours or so it had taken for the venom to wear off. She got lucky it was her fiancee she'd pounced upon. It could have just as easily been Tesla, Watson, even a passing professor...Their eyes locked and he smirked knowingly, yes, he knew but he was protecting her a little bit by not divulging all of the details of that fateful day.

Nikola shook his head, breaking the spell of those beautiful eyes silently pleading with him to behave and backed off, kissing the baby on her head and looking to Will again, ''I think I'm free to take my daughter home, but where would home be?''

Helen looked to Will too. It's true, the sudden reminder hit her like a splash of cold water. Where would she live now? Where would they all work?

Lyda

She sat there staring out over what was left of the Sanctuary deep in thought.Something needed to happen... The hospitals would not contain the injured until this place was rebuilt... but she could... she could... she could house all of them... She could make some good of the old home she "grew up" in under Dr Abbyn's care. It would place distance between her family and the being De Blythe... but how... That she could discuss with Tesla later how to go about that. For now she placed a call...

Michael... yes it has been a while... How did the house hold up in all of this... Very good to hear... Yes the house will see life once more and much happier people... Yes I will be having my family stay there with me... I agree we should have more than enough room for everyone... Thank you my friend... we will be expecting you.

Several moments later Lyda saw as the car was allowed through to a point then the driver was pointed towards the tent where they were waiting. Standing she smiled introducing Michael to everyone she then turned to Big Guy Kate and Jenny.

I have arranged for a new or temporary home for everyone till Helen and everyone can determine how to proceed from here. Worth and Imogean can be taken with us as well It may not be as massive of a medical facility as what was here but Dr Abbyn was not without her labs. Medical is at the house primarily and others are elsewhere but that is for another time. Shall we be going? It would be far safer from prying eyes. Once everyone is there I can go to the hospital and tell Helen and the others... with your help Kate... or Jenny...

It was clear that Lyda was a tad scared of the prospect of dealing with anything medical Kate understood it was due to all the hell Dr Abbyn put the poor girl through growing up. Kate just kinda nodded and smiled to her. Lyda looked to Big Guy...

I will even tell Naomi when we get to the house that she would be wise to let you take over "Her kitchen" from time to time or at least aid you or let you aid her. Do not worry they have since learned that what Dr Abbyn was trying to heal and run tests on is just yet another form of life... Abnormals do not scare them at all. So what do you all say should we go? I can arrange for others to be here to find anything anyone needs as the Debris is gone through in fact I might be able to fix it were it is just those from the Wildlands and my people as well as Sanctuary people only doing this... With Dr Abbyns demise there are many who I just don't have any jobs for this would give them something to do.

Jenny had dried her tears and gotten down to the business of trying to be helpful to Biggie and the others. She had to call upon her old first aid experience to help with some of the stuff but she found it was easier to keep busy than to stand alone feeling sorry for herself.

The Big Guy ensured everything was as secure as possible before making his way to a tunnel beneath the hospital area where Helen was with Tesla. He used the telepathic link he had with the feisty scientist to try to get her to come below where they could meet.

About an hour later he heard her footsteps and called her to him. Holding a key in his hand he said to her. “You remember the crisis in 1962 when we all believed we were going to die in a nuclear holocaust?” Magnus nodded “At that time I was under instruction to ensure you and the sanctuary would be safe. There was a special bunker deep below this building only a few people knew about and my Master instructed me to get you and your party here before the mushrooms started sprouting.”

Big Guy knew Helen wanted to interrupt him, to ask who his Master was “Don’t ask me Doctor Magnus” he was being formal “In all the years I’ve known you I’ve never lied to you and I don’t want to start now.”

Seeing his friend disturbed he said slowly “You are THE most important person in my life except one. That ONE is my TRUE Master and I would die protecting them or their identity. You might guess who it is, I will neither confirm nor deny. You will be told in due course.”

Looking at her emotions of curiosity and anger he ignored them and said “The bunker wasn’t needed then but now it has been prepared for tonight because my Master knew this would happen one day and when I can tell you more I will. Meanwhile if you come with me I’ll take you and your party to safety. Then I’ll get the others.”

By now Tesla had joined Helen holding the baby and Big Guy smiled and said “She needs a rest even if you don’t.” And he removed two blocks of concrete exposing some stairs. Leading them down he opened a door with the key which revealed a safe like lock on a reinforced thick metal inner door. “The code is 235931122011” He hoped Helen didn’t recognise that as the exact time the ‘quake’ struck.

Leading her, Tesla and the baby in he said “Make yourself at home.”

Lyda made the arrangements for all of them at the late Dr's house... technically her house though she never liked staying there till now. Maintenance crew had already begun and were nearly finished with the minor problems the quake had caused. The houses still surprising condition was yet another tribute to the paranoia that was Dr Abbyn.

Jenny would you like to help me in going to check on the ones at the hospital and Kate could tell mother and the others. Michael can drive should here Kate then join us at the hospital.

Lyda looked around not seeing big Guy and reached for a San tuary radio to contact him.

Big Guy the house will be ready soon to take those capable of travel. By the time Jenny and I get there Kate an
Y driver should have rounded up the others who all will be leaving the hospital with us?

Kate called Helen's cell first to inform her as well then Will in case hewas in another part of the hospital informing them of Lyda opening Abbyns old home to them all to live. She then called Henry as well to tell him.

Roger de Blythe & Mel

Even five hundred year old vampires who have altered their genetic code so far that death is almost an impossibility struggle with tiredness and Roger de Blythe was feeling tired now. Not only had he worked hard to save Isis’ leg he was now performing wave after wave of emergency surgery in his role as Alan Bailey.

Eventually he was able to pass on to someone else and he knew he needed both rest and refreshment. Returning to the wrecked building that used to be the Sanctuary he was able to extract a supply of blood from the refrigeration unit. As he turned he noticed Mel standing behind him. “You’ll need some of this” he said as he handed her bag which she snatched and hastily drunk. “We need to find Helen Magnus” he said with an ironic smile “I’ve clashed with her in the past and I’ll clash with her again but right now she has a granddaughter who needs to be in a place of safety”.

Mel smiled “She’s safe. The Big Guy has taken them to a place of safety. The real concern is with Ashley.”

“So he must have been prepared for this” de Blythe shook his head “I’ve always liked Big Guy, there’s more to him than what’s seen on the surface. Do we know where this place of safety is?”

“It’s in the grounds of the maternity hospital” Mel said “I felt something pulling me there.”

“And I think I know where, but our number one priority is to get Ashley to a place of safety.”

Mel and de Blythe made their way to the Maternity Hospital and found their way to where Ashley was. Checking the dials and readings he whispered to Mel “She’s ok, unless there is another quake or a power failure. She has the reconstructed blood I gave her which should grant her near immortality but she could still die if circumstances conspire against her. We need to get her to the place of safety.”

Shutting his eyes he tried communicating with Isis. “We need to get the one you call Little Cub to safety. Can you try to link mentally with the Big Guy to establish where he is please?” He sent the request out again and again before turning to Mel “I’ll give it another five minutes then we’ll have to make alternative arrangements.” As he spoke there was another after shock “If we have five minutes.” He sighed before shouting “Come on Isis! For once we are on the SAME SIDE!”

Lyda

She walked over to De Blythe and Mel.

You would be well advised to leave mother alone for now. She has received the remainder of medical care needed on her leg and is for now still in her right mind and I will NOT allow anything to risk that. There has been a safe location arranged for my new unique family. The home that Dr Abbyn "raised" me in. Her paranoia has served me well the only damage from this earthquake was to her infernal greenhouse. As far as you and the others... Mel Worth and his daughter go. I will allow you into the house ONLY. If any of you enter the labs I will destroy all of them. Aunt Helen and I can speak about any moments or needed exceptions.

She paused for a fleeting second or two before continuing...

While your aid to Mother Ashley and the others has gained you some acceptance...your disregard for the natural order of life and death is unacceptable. I do thank you for your aid with mother and the others but perhaps the family would now be better suited to tend to our own. Especially with all the manipulations and problems caused by you and Mel's predecessor. As I said before you can come to the house unless you have other dwellings then perhaps you should use them

She was calm polite and very much her fathers daughter in her diplomatic and direct explanation of it all she waited only a few moments for him to answer before going back to making arrangements for the others and calling her aunt to tell her of the house and all of them staying there making some good come from that place.

It was a strange sort of ''homecoming''. It appeared that through the years Bigfoot had been collecting many of the Magnus's old things, and occasionally buying replicas (or replacing originals with replicas?) of the same decor and artwork from the house and offices to create this new space, a temptingly unusual mixture of old world and new.

They were deep underground but a multi-directional sort of lift/tram shaped like a sphere took them to the main grounds...Helen gaped as they stepped out onto a soft lawn and looked out at a whole small city she was told had been built just for their purposes and hidden from the rest of the world...
''Bigfoot, how..." she started to ask but he shhed her.

''No, Magnus. No questions. Just accept that it's the right time for you to have it now. THIS is the REAL Sanctuary. Your father started building this almost a century ago and has been depending upon many of us, in secret, to get this finished in time. It nearly wasn't finished in time. The schedule was bumped up a few years but...I think this will do, don't you?"

Helen stared in awe and slowly tried to take this new surprise in as they crossed a lovely footbridge over a river fed by a gorgeous waterfall. Sanctuary City sparkled in the light, artificial, it had to be so, but it was convincingly realistic, like true sunlight. ''My Friend, I need to know how this came about that you suddenly seem to know more secrets than I do. My father...''

He silenced her again with a wave of his hand, ''All in good time. All in good time. Please, you don't want to get me into trouble, do you?''

She looked behind her to where Will walked, his mouth also agape at what they were approaching. Nikola had passed the baby to her so he could study the security system at the main gate over the bridge. He was swearing softly to himself in furiously fast Serbian dialect she could barely make out and she suspected this meant he was perplexed by something even he had never imagined before, it was so very high tech.

Jenny whistled and whispered loudly, "Now's probably not the time for me to admit I kind of have a fear of being buried alive...I love this place. I really hate that it's underground."

Will
He wandered around the new area and when the moment came, he pulled Helen into the far corner and whipsered "Should we endeavor to perhaps christen this new or original sanctuary?" He smiled shamelessly as Tesla's antics where having an effect on his as he seemed to grow bolder in his actions with Helen in the open.

Henry

Henry recieved the information from Kate and informed her of the situation with Isis and Declan and when she was stable enough to move they'd be joining them.

Will
He wandered around the new area and when the moment came, he pulled Helen into the far corner and whispered "Should we endeavor to perhaps christen this new or original sanctuary?" He smiled shamelessly as Tesla's antics where having an effect on his as he seemed to grow bolder in his actions with Helen in the open.
Helen was still in quiet awe of this place, apparently created to house her life's work yet she was amazed she'd not found out anything about it until just now. She'd just passed the infant over to Biggie who held the baby as if she were made of fragile glass and was about to say something to Jennifer who seemed out of sorts when Will pulled her by the arm and led her away from the group. His suggestion was uncharacteristic and bold.

Helen chuckled softly, looking over Will's shoulder at the others, milling about the grounds, no one in any particular hurry to go into any of the buildings just yet...Not until Biggie and Nikola were finished putting back together the security box Tesla had dismantled in his excitement to learn how it worked (getting a nasty shock and then his own electro-magnetism causing a feedback loop of electricity between him and the box going around, and around, and around, until Biggie took the risk of pulling Tesla from the box, breaking the loop and electrocuting himself in the process. That was one unhappy sasquatch...) and now Biggie would not let the vampire move from that spot until it was put back the way they'd found it. Tesla was brilliant, indeed, but he'd need at least a good quarter of an hour to fix what he'd broken.

So, Helen bit her lip at the tempting proposal Will had put before her and nodded, "Alright, Will." she whispered, pulling him deeper into a wooded area where they could hear the others but no one would see their transgression. "A quickie, anyway." She kissed him and remembered in a great rush how very much she'd missed his touch as of late. ''Just watch the shoulder, please. '' she reminded him, and moved quickly to disrobe her lover from the waist down, shoving him playfully onto the grass before bending to kiss down his stomach, his excitement rising quickly to meet her mouth...

Last edited:
Naomi had been contacted at long last as a light on the false wall of the basement softly began to glow calling her back home. She simply smiled seeing the light and muttered.

It is time... you are early my friend

When it had been learned years ago about Lyda her old friend had contacted her sending her out tot he surface to employment with a Dr Abbyn who she guided to this house and prepared it for her ward and task.

Bond with Lyda and use your gifts to make what must unfortunately happen to her happen but always protect my granddaughter.

She bonded with the child so that her gifts would affect her when Lyda was a baby. Caring for her as her nanny for her entire life... unable to stop Dr Abbyn's tests "training" and experiments as those things were the unfortunate events that had to happen to prepare her for what she had to do and to endure in later life. She made regular reports to Gregory even getting a photo to him once long ago of his young granddaughter. She loved Lyda as if she were her own granddaughter and was glad when Lyda freed herself from Dr Abbyn though she did not like the way she did it. Naomi did not like murder even though it was the dictation of the fates themselves and she knew it.

So she had done everything she could her abnormal gift making her look at times like a senile old woman talking to herself or some long dead memory. She had hand picked the butler/driver from those who Abbyn tested and experimented on. He too helped her watch over Lyda. She pressed the button on one intercom contacting the driver to tell him it was time once they were here to guide the family home.

She then touched a panel on the false wall to inform Big Guy she knew would be there that she would guide the others home once they arrived and if he would be so kind as to move the false wall leading down from the house since she had to go prepare for the others arrival. Returning upstairs she went about packing some bags for Lyda and preparing the house to handle running on its own and activating the intricate security that Lyda helped to create. Once everything was ready for their voyage to the True Sanctuary Naomi sat down with a cup of tea and smiled... it was about time they all went to their real home and work. Truth be known several of the Wildlands residents knew exactly where to take the "escaped" Sanctuary abnormals as they were a part of this plan enacted ahead of schedule.

What forced your hand old friend? We need to talk face to face once more... She whispered as she drifted off to sleep barely hearing the answer.

Yes we do old friend yes we do...

''You've done it then?'' she asked for the hundredth time.

Gregory nodded wearily, "Yes, darling, the hidden ones are safe now. They're in the Sanctuary in the new city I created for them. Even Helen hasn't found them yet."

''You know I hate forcing my hand with you, Gregory, it's just that if the rest of the Council were to find out I'd smuggled them out, and you, if they were to find I treat you better than a prisoner on death row...You know they'd do worse than kill me. They'd kill her too.''

He held her close, the scent of her both soothing and arousing him all at once despite his age and having just spent himself inside her mere minutes earlier. "Shh, shh, it's alright. She's going to be alright. She's safe now. I told you. I double checked with one of my contacts. She's with the Abnormals we sent to NewSanct and she's well. I won't let the government of Praxis lay a finger on our child, Raina. I promise."

''Being away from her is so hard.'' Raina said, sitting up, her features already hardening as she readied herself for the day, the mask of apathy and strength she must wear to govern despite her inner turmoil only Gregory ever saw. Marvelously beautiful, the soft hidden within the hard shell. He feared her torn loyalty, feared her allegiance was fragile and would shift without notice but a part of him also felt tender affection for her. He'd given her something she had never even imagined she wanted until she came, their four year old daughter, Lucy.

He'd never intended to become a father again. Hell, his first child was old enough to be Lucy's great grandmother yet Lucy existed and she reminded him so much of those early years. Another gorgeous, bouncy, blonde, ball of energy and curiosity just like her sister, Helen. They even looked very much alike. It was like the universe was giving him a do-over. He wouldn't waste it this time. He didn't want Lucy burdoned with his work like Helen was, Helen, who had no life to speak of, lived for the mantel she'd taken up from him...Lucy would get to choose. He'd make sure she had the life she wanted not one inherited.

Gregory sighed, rolling off of the bed to get to the bathroom for a shower. He knew when he came back out Raina would be gone. She'd be a leader of the people, hard as stone, cold as ice, not his woman, not until nightfall when she'd come to his room again like she always did. Meanwhile, separately but in unison, all they could do was worry about their little girl and hope she'd be alright in her new life without them. Gregory secretly hoped Helen would find Lucy and take care of her. At the very least Lucy deserved family of some sort around her and if it couldn't be her mother and father why not her sister?

35491_10100574507110098_15715601_48300901_160173648_n.jpg

It was scary, sitting alone in a place so quiet and big. The ones who's brought her made sure she had enough to eat and drink, drew a bath for her, laundered her clothes and brought her a ''pretty'' new dress to wear (They'd brought her pink. What were they thinking?) although she wouldn't wear it. She didn't bother to explain to them that she hated pink. Any other color would be fine but she detested the looks and smiles she'd get from people whenever she walked around in a frilly, pink thing. It just seemed far too...expected. She didn't like standing out or doing what people expected of her. Pink was just the start of that.

Why bother explaining? She perused what was available and could be worn. For practical purposes being totally naked wouldn't suit an adventurer any more than wearing a gaudy, froo-froo pink think would. So she simply put on her fresh underpants and socks and set out to explore. That would be enough, figured Lucy. Clothes weren't needed, were they? It wasn't cold inside this big house. There was heating and such. She had more important things to think about than pretty clothes, or brushing her long, unruly curls, or being dainty. She was practicing exploring the whole city without being seen by anyone, imagining she was a little mouse and pretending her survival depended upon nobody noticing her presence...well, this game was familiar to her. Father had taught her to be nearly invisible and quiet as a mouse. He'd been her main care-giver for years. She grew up in virtual seclusion in the prison ward of the capitol city of Praxis, a love child, a secret. He was the one who'd taught her there were some who'd kill her on sight if they knew who she was. So, in a sense, her survival did depend upon learning to go about unnoticed.

He told her she'd miss him. She'd even miss her mother who she often resented for being away working so much and for never taking her out because it seemed to Lucy her mother was embarrassed to be seen with her despite her intelligence and beauty. Her power to see those others rarely even sensed and sometimes speak with them freaked her mommy out. At least Father saw it as a unique gift but even he told her it was something she should hide. Hidden, hiding, always hiding...Lucy was used to learning to be invisible. She missed Father now. Instead of crying she opted for humming a song he used to sing to her while she roamed.

The new house was rather boring. She'd explored twenty-three rooms and not one had any toys or interesting gadgets in it. She'd found her friends, the funny fuzzy creatures she'd played with on the journey through the underground tunnels days ago but they were now in their own environment behind a force-field or something. She didn't know the codes to get inside their little world. She was an outsider and didn't like looking in and watching them play without her. They'd moved on. She needed to find new friends, she supposed. Who would she play with now? Looking in on the other worlds beyond the other doors was mildly entertaining for about an hour but she was lonely. It was too quiet in this big house.

A room with a locked door. (Ah, but Father had taught little Lucy how to pick most locks quite well.)
Patricia, the companion who usually came to her when she was saddest or most in need of protection stood floating in front of it, arms crossed over her ample bosom, she shook her head. 'No, child, that's not a safe place to play. Go back to your bedroom.'

Lucy pouted, "Patricia, I just want to see..."

'Please listen to me.' pleaded the spirit only Lucy could see and hear.

Lucy pretended not to listen to Patricia's voice of reason and turned the knob... A breeze made gooseflesh on her skin but she wasn't cold enough to retreat and climb into an atrocious pink dress. She mustered up courage and took a step forward.

Patricia tsked behind her.

She was outside. Lucy giggled and bounded for the waterfall where she saw some butterflies chasing each other. Maybe she'd find more critters here. Maybe there'd be a real mouse she could befriend, two mice, she and her pet...The outside seemed gigantic and wondrous. She'd never seen real grass and rolled happily on the lawn, giggling despite her resolve to stay quiet.

Last edited:
Lyda

She received a rather cryptic call from Naomi a brow raised she shrugged. The old woman had always been the kindest to her so she trusted her more than anyone else in her life. She looked to the Kate a brow raised...

We are to bring Worth with us as well as Imogean but to see to it that they are not seen by the staff of our new home. It appears that Naomi has made arrangements for all of us to meet up in another dwelling though we are still to go to my old home... She can be a little strange at times... quite old yet from all I can tell not quite a normal human. We are also to pick mother Henry and Declan up and bring them with us.

Kate nodded and helped contain Worth and gurney Imogean heading to a nearby truck and with Lyda's help getting them loaded up and headed down the road to the Abnormal Dr's office.

Once there they found everyone already ready to go as if they were simply there to prepare for the trip. Driving to her old home she walked in finding Naomi asleep on the porch. Gently shaking her arm Lyda smiled to her.

You sound as if you have an adventure for us my friend. The van awaits were are we going.

Naomi just laughed patting her cheek before seeing her mother standing behind her.

So lovely family... nodding to the others she smiled almost knowingly at Worth. And the strange little Dr is... in his place. Yes let us be going... The basement will lead the way child.

Lyda raised a brow but followed her into the house and down to the basement seeing that it was surprisingly bigger with a door that was not there before sitting wide open with Big Guy standing there to assist them down the long stairwell. Lyda looked to him and then to Naomi before looking to the others...

I smell a plot... but I do not think Aunt Helen is a part of it... not with the look you two are giving each other... Lead the way my friend.

Lyda nodded to Big guy as they all began the decent till they found a platform and a spherical "subway" that he ushered them on as it quickly began to fly along the track. Lyda tensed tight enclosed spaces bringing a snarl to her. Isis and Naomi trying to keep her calm till they stopped nearly just as quickly as it started.

Naomi looked to her once the doors opened...

I know you are a proto HEP Lyda shift and go explore you are safe here. You however Mother of my young friend come with me I will take you and Mr McCrae to the medical facility... Now.

Isis did not argue though she did hold to Henry's hand a little wary till she caught a scent... nothing present now but this place held that faint scent... the lingering scent of safety... She could smell Father in this place relaxing slightly she followed the old woman.

Lyda shifted down to feline form and began running searching the grounds not willing to enter any buildings right now. Finding a waterfall she began running that way seeking out a hidden spot in the plants around the waterfall. As she was about to fall asleep she heard a voice. The voice of a small child.

Patricia... who is the man with that big cat? Nevermind he clearly did not want the big cat lady knowing he was there.

Lyda lifted her head looking at the little girl realizing she was not clothed the way the humans would prefer she tried speaking to the childs mind

If you are a shifter you should take on a more covered form... Mortals and human based beings in this place might not like you wandering around like that without proper clothing.

Laying her head back down she stared at the waterfall.

~~~~~~~

The DeathSpeaker from the wildlands walked around studying this place. Her true payment was the safety of this new home for looking after Isis and protecting her from darkness of spirits around her. There was one however that of late had been annoying her as now he wanted her to find Druitt. He had to make sure that Isis knew something. The old woman found the tall ominous man and looked to him fearing no man nor beast she walked over.

He would never have suspected you and his trust in you was... his blindness but he has something to ask you...

She could see the creature within him getting sick of his "family time" and wanting to escape this place especially it had done its job now it wanted to leave and that meant him going too.

James was a fool... My oldest friend the fool what is his message Death witch.

Biting his tongue he shook his head and motioned for her to continue as she glared at him and glancing to the side for a moment she began to speak with the voice of another.

Old boy you really need to curb your tongue with women especially those that can torment your afterlife beyond any evil you could have ever done. You and Isis the two that view yourselves as the monsters of our ancient families were more loyal to Helen and I then we deserved. Human weakness and the desire to feel close to those we could not have in that moment brought us together in a moment of weakness... that... thats why I never had you bring that ring to be for Isis... I did not deserve her after that betrayal and yet she and I loved each other even more after it but her own secret that you helped her keep from all of us would not let her accept that love. I know she is happy with Henry but I don't want there to be any more secrets... I know of the babies that were taken from her and again thank you for saving her life that day. Get the ring... give it to her telling her I wanted to give it to her long ago or Give it to Henry tell him to give it to her whatever you feel best.

John looked to him the beast growled deep in his mind as he stifled it with all his strength long enough to say

She will know that it was your souls desire Old boy... I will tell her all of it... including your feelings expressed here now. I am sure the old woman can back me up. Now I really must be going. When I can I will also look after your daughter... Druitt laughed... one of us has to... I have seen Nikola's eyes when she is about... I may finally have reason to kill him...

That last statement was more creature than Druitt as he smiled and vanished.

Lucy watched the big cat with huge blue eyes and shook her head at the statement it made without speaking. "Cats don't talk. They purr. Why are you putting talking words in my head, cat?" she asked. Patricia looked worried and this caused Lucy to back away, closer to the riverbank. "I have clothes on. My private stuff is covered and my feet are warm enough. Nobody can make me put on that ugly pink thing in my room. I won't wear it. It's horrible!" she replied simply. She then ran off into the cover of the trees, she'd seen a rabbit and wanted to catch it just in case it had a pocket-watch and knew of a hole to Wonderland. Father had read her a book about a girl named Alice who had an adventure in Wonderland and Lucy figured she'd do a much better job of it...plus, this cat person was a little unnerving.

Once Lyda had fully calmed her form shifted back to that of her human appearance she did have the sense of mind to keep fur covering her now more human form as she called out to the child.

I am Lyda and new here can you help me and I can send someone back to my other home to get say a purple or blue dress for you?

Lyda did not like the apparent method of travel to get back to the surface world at all. Abbyns unfortunate tests and trials had left a serious degree of claustrophobia within Lyda. This place though it was calming and relaxing enough but for now Lyda needed clothes.

Lucy abandoned her search for the all too quick rabbit and returned to the cat who'd now turned into a woman. "Wow, cool!" she said softly to herself. She looked at Patricia who seemed rather annoyed at the whole situation. She'd have to make it up to her favorite ghost later, promising to be a good girl or something. Stepping closer to the woman she nodded at the suggestion. "Purple. That's the best color. Purple is good, red is good, blue's okay...I'll wear it if it's not pink. Pink makes me want to scream." With a nod that it seemed all was well in order now that she knew she wouldn't have to dress in pink she tilted her head to look this woman over. "So, Lyda...a cat? Can you turn into anything else?"

Well you know my name what's yours?

She listened to the child explain and nodded not too terribly fond o pink either.

I can look like the big cat you saw... or fully human or a "scary form" which is a mix of both.

She smiled to the child calming more.

I just got here a bit ago but they did not tell me where they were goin to put things . Is there a man house amongst all these buildings? My mother and I I believe would be staying wih her sister.

Lucy shrugged. "I've only been in the house, that big one over there. The rest is mostly like for important official things, science, and doctory things...oh, and there's the funny zoo-place with all the worlds behind the doorways and forcefields. I just got here yesterday. I came up from Praxis with the other Abnormals Father wanted to save from the government there. I'm supposed to be hidden too. I'm a mouse, you see. small, quiet, quick, almost invisible. I have to be. If they caught me they'd kill me, maybe, and Father. He's on death row but mommy lets him live longer because she loves him in secret. She's the Predistent...um, what's the word? Presntint? She...she's rather important, anyway and acts like we embarrass her all the time. Still, Father says I should show her respect because she is my mommy and she does love me...but, yeah, I'm here all alone now. I guess nobody thought what to do with me once they got me here but it's supposed to be safe here. Is your mother's sister important like my Father who built this place in secret, or my mommy the Preninstent of Praxis?"

Last edited:
Lyda quickly figured out something about this child...

Interesting... I can tell you she is and will be to you too... as will my mother My mother is more a security type she is a shifter like me.

Praxis she thought... The stone devices that word she heard tied to them... this child could be... family... well well well grandfather.

Well how about we go over to the main house and take a look around maybe you and I can sneak around and see where they put my stuff... the mystery of the missing suit case.

She smiled to the little girl as she thought... interesting twist Grandfather. I will look after her.

Back