Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind that's "professional"
There are lots of professional sports.
But when was the last time a pro football team sued another pro football team so they could change the rules of the game to allow players to use robotic arms???? (trying to think of proper metaphores)
I mean seriously, this is just stupid...

LMAO. nice metaphor you got there. Speaking of professional football have you heard of the LFL ?

warmmouseaniPORCH.gif

And good morning to you!

Yes the one. Imagine if the teams sued each over boob jobs ?

LakeSailer you forgot Chickchester in your list of great racing sailers.

Paul Cayard at helmsmen for me

I knew SOMEONE would take up the challenge....
Yup, Paul is good too...

Still thinking that Sir Lipton had a fair amount of skill, seriously challenging for the cup using the Old J boats under rules that made it somewhat unfair.

I agree on Sir Lipton who had more then a fair amount of skill. Considering the boats and rigging they were sailing back then it is almost unfair to compare him to modern racing Sailers.

"Sailing is not carried out against the elements, but because of them."

"There are two
theories about arguing with women. Neither of them works."

For LAke Sailer this about sums up my love of sailing ;

"Something about sailing a boat brings so many senses and sensations into play that it's very difficult to pinpoint what it is specifically that makes me like it so much: the sight of sails and sheets overhanging the water; the foam and spray flying as the bow cuts the water; the motion of the boat; the physical and mental ballet necessary to handle the boat correctly. A sailboat might just be the most beautiful, sensuous and intelligent blend of man/machine/and elements that exists in the world today. The relationship between the three is the most harmonious I have experienced so far. Besides you can have a beer while you do it."

I'm quite certain time travel can be achieved by installing fluorescent lights on a sailboat. I've come to this conclusion based on how time seems to pass at a snail's pace when at the office and exponentially when sailing.

For LAke Sailer this about sums up my love of sailing ;

"Something about sailing a boat brings so many senses and sensations into play that it's very difficult to pinpoint what it is specifically that makes me like it so much: the sight of sails and sheets overhanging the water; the foam and spray flying as the bow cuts the water; the motion of the boat; the physical and mental ballet necessary to handle the boat correctly. A sailboat might just be the most beautiful, sensuous and intelligent blend of man/machine/and elements that exists in the world today. The relationship between the three is the most harmonious I have experienced so far. Besides you can have a beer while you do it."

Who said that? I love it! Thanks!

I'll take the cold and snow anytime over the third event. :rolleyes:

Thanks D. You too. :kiss:

You're welcome. I'm warming up now that I'm home.

Lost what??? :eek: :p

I think the cold and snow is contributory...oh wait, he says no...I'm just making excuses...

:eek:

Your mind? :rolleyes:

He's not schizophrenic....and neither is he

Good morning sweet quebecois. How are you today?

I'm good thanks, just not enjoying this freezing weather. How are you?

Alas, I must leave.

I hope you all have a great day. I will likely see you tomorrow.

I'll have a new topic tomorrow.

Morning all ...... this part of the cove has seen a slight increase in temp so now it's dark as night and likely to rain heavily all day :(

Catch you soon (to discuss our night out and tactics) :)

Morning all ...... this part of the cove has seen a slight increase in temp so now it's dark as night and likely to rain heavily all day :(

Catch you soon (to discuss our night out and tactics) :)

Should be fun times alright. :D

Calling for snow here today. I'm sick of winter.

Good Morning!

It's a little warmer here too, it's above freezing and we expect some rain as well, but not as much as Chris.

OK, Cove Dwellers...today's topic is sex on the beach...
you may discuss the act, the drink or any other permutation of said words...

I have had sex on a beach. I've also had the drink. Much prefer the former to the latter, except for the whole sand in the crotch issue :eek:

Morning everyone

I'm sick of winter too, it's still freezing here.

Good Morning!

It's a little warmer here too, it's above freezing and we expect some rain as well, but not as much as Chris.

OK, Cove Dwellers...today's topic is sex on the beach...
you may discuss the act, the drink or any other permutation of said words...

I have had sex on a beach. I've also had the drink. Much prefer the former to the latter, except for the whole sand in the crotch issue :eek:

Sex on the beach is overrated precisely because of the sand factor. However, if it's offered, I'll take one for the team. ;)

Morning everyone

I'm sick of winter too, it's still freezing here.

Hi DD.

Back to the topic at hand, Island Beach State Park is 10 mile long and most of it is natural dunes and grass that you can get lost in. My college sweet heart and I did once it was great. Remeber to bring a blanket to prevent sand in unwanted places.

Last edited:
Sex on the beach is overrated precisely because of the sand factor. However, if it's offered, I'll take one for the team. ;)

What he said.

There is nothing else to add. Sand and sex just don't mix - whichever way you approach it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back