Rites of Passage Redux (Armphid & Haremfaery)

Her praise made his head light and warm as a good mead would. How sweet were such words from her lips! How they urged him on! How easily she made him feel as a giant among men! He would have to take care; in growing closer to her, coming to care, he had given her great power over him. The next time they quarreled, he would so easily ignore her barbs.

But as she moved onto and with him again, he let out a throaty groan. Well worth it. Worth it and more. Tiernan moved his worshiping lips to her other breast and showers his devotion upon it. "Perhaps I am blessed, so you may be as well," he murmured. "Let us bless one another with his gifts as oft as we may."

Aine's head lolled back and she sighed with pleasure. "Oh, Tiernan. I think I shall never let you out of this bed." She laughed and moved faster on his cock until she was moaning. She placed love bites on his neck and shoulder not caring if she left a mark. Mine, she thought. He is all mine.

He chuckled and rolled his lips in a circle, stirring his manhood inside her. "Never? A fairer prison a man could never ask for." He groaned as she nipped at his neck, "May the gods make it so!"

His breath became a hiss as she bit down and he grimaced. What was she-oh. Oh ho! Marking him, was she? Ha! Let her! "Make your mark as you will, for mine will be coming. A swollen belly to announce to all the world our union."

"I should have known that a man scarred in battle would not fear the teeth of a woman." Aine let out a breathy laugh. "May Brigid hear you. Yet, I hope for a little time with just the two of us. I still have much to learn about the marriage bed."

Then to prove that what she did know, she knew well. Aine posted on his cock all the while touching and kissing Tiernan until they crested crying out their joy in each other. They collapsed in each other's arms and dozed again.

Eventually, they roused themselves. "I'm surprised they are not pounding down the door. We should go enjoy breaking our fast before the whole clan takes us to our new home."

Tiernan had never been one to be a slug-a-bed but how tempting it as now! To lie with Aine in his arms until vigor returned and then to spend it again with her. Ah, it would be fine! But she was right, it was well past time for them to re-appear. "Those who drew near the door would have known well not to disturb us. Passionate you are, wife, and I as well. Passion and quiet are rare companions."

He was fairly certain they could be heard some distance from the room. The young noble felt a sympathy for Magnus and hoped he had not heard it. That would be a strain on any man, to his mind.

He lingered a bit in dressing but soon enough the two had washed their faces and hands in the basin before re-attiring. Tiernan held his hand out to her before opening the door. "Let them bask in our happiness and your radiance as we break our fast together, the first in our new life."

Aine colored a bit. "You make me care not who hears. You make me shameless."

She watched Tiernan dress, just as he watched her. Now she understood why newlyweds were granted a honeymoon. With their thoughts so much on each other, they were good for little else.

Aine placed her hand in Tiernan's but as he opened the door, she stepped back to their bed. "One moment. I forgot something." She put her hand under the pillows and brought out the small dagger she had placed there. She tucked it into her belt. "I am happy I had no need of this yesternight." She gave him an impish grin and took his hand so they could go down to eat.

He made her shameless? Tiernan grinned; a wide, broad, proud smile. "That is as fine a compliment as a woman has ever given a man. Good! So it should be between man and wife, to my mind."

He looked back at ger curiously as she went to the bed for whatever it was she'd forgotten. Then he saw the dagger. His eyes widened and his mouth opened, whether in surprise or to speak, not even he knew. She brought a dagger to their wedding bed! That-that-

Then he laughed and took her hand again, "You shall keep me on my toes. I must remember to mind you well should that follow us to our bed at home." Though he would even without it. But as cheeky and dangerous as it was, he liked it as much as it vexed him. That was her nature, after all. Like fire.

They descended from the room and into the hall below. There was a cheer and applause from those there; a larger group than he expected lingering at a long breakfast in the hopes of seeing the newlyweds. As their feet touched the floor, the women of Magnus' house and Tiernan's mother steered them to a pair of seats.

"To the bride and groom!" Early in the day it was, Magnus and Tiernan's father appeared to have had a few toasts already.

Aine couldn't help but laugh along with Tiernan. The look on his face when he saw the dagger was one she would not easily forget.

Aine blushed at her mother's quiet questioning expression. It was all the answer that was needed. She sat gingerly as someone pressed a cup of mead to her hand. As they had the night before, a chant began for the bride and groom to kiss. Aine leaned over and put her arms around Tiernan's neck. She was already wishing that they were alone.

One of Tiernan's friends shouted, "Settle a bet for us! Did Aine actually let you into the bed or did you sleep on the floor like her dog?"

Aine laughed and blushed and hid her face. She expected the questions would only get more ribald.

Back