Rectal foreign bodies

Definitely some sort of bottle, probably beer but could be something weird like aftershave.

(Cym: the bottle is half full, the neck pointing about 1 o'clock. The full part shows up hazy, the empty part shows up black.)

In the immortal words of Gil, "Oh shit, oh dear!"
 
... and here's the world famous gerbil story - just for you!

Gerbil Story
allegedly from the L.A. Times, but not really


"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski, and his homosexual partner Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot, our gerbil, in," he explained. "Kiki shouted out "Armageddon", my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he wouldn't come out again, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital pokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out the tube, igniting Mr Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball."

Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.
 
Thought this might be a fake but checked again and apparently it's not.
 
BlondGirl said:
Here's one more for now. I will state what it actually is later--I doubt anyone here will guess what it is. I will confirm correct answers after I get home from church.

Enjoy.
Looks like a wine bottle or something very similar - (shudder). Oh - and it looks like it is still half full of some liquid; if you look close you can see what seems to be a liquid level. Maybe that is what is left of the bottle outside the rectal opening, but I doubt it.
 
Last edited:
The gun is an obvious Fake. It is too hight in the abdomen to be rectally inserted. The iliac crests or top part of the pelvis is just about 2-3 inches below the ribs. Check out the position of the other pix and you will see what I mean. The gun is placed at the waistline of the pants and is located there. (If it were truly in the rectum, part of the gun would actually BE in the rectum--none of that is near the actual anus.)

The bottle picture I posted is indeed a bottle. And yes, BigDog, you were absolutely correct in your guess that the bottle was half full in that picture.

It was a Tabasco bottle. No shit.

When I use Tabasco sauce, some of it always drips down the side. I wanted soooo bad to ask the patient if the bottle had been washed first or if the burning sensation was part of the thrill. I could not even get near the door with a straight face though. The PA that was working with that particular patient did ask why. The response? "I just stuck it in there."

So, there you have it, folks. The thought process boiled down to the nitty gritty.

I will try to provide more of the genuine article from my own patient experiences when I come across them. I just gotta dig them out of my closet.
 
Last edited:
I know it's fun to think that all these are real, but do you realize how easy it is to fake a x-ray? When I was doing my ER month in August we made some of these fakes ourselves in between traumas. All you have to do is tape the item of choice to your lower abdomen and voila. If you know how to read x-rays and you know how big the object actually is, you can sniff out a fake from the size of the x-ray shadow. Just as when you make shadow puppets on the wall, the shadow is is bigger the closer you put your hand to the light source, so it is with x-rays. Objects outside your body appear larger or smaller (depending on which way the patient is facing) than they would if they were actually inside.

We made several great ones: knife, fork, and spoon, car keys, 60 cc syringe. Ah, to be bored in an ER. Hopefully my progeny won't be malformed from the unnecessary rays.

One that I've seen that WAS real and was mind blowing involved a college student who used tv antenna wire as a masturbation aid. For some reason (I can't conceive of this possibly being pleasurable) he liked to thread the wire up his urethra. He ended up getting the wire caught in his bladder and having a raging infection that almost cost him his bladder and urinary function.

Ollie's message: don't be stupid when you masturbate, folks.
 
I can not believe what some people do. Anal object insertion just isn't my cup of tea.
 
http://www.well.com/user/cynsa/april/index.html

here's the link, they don't say it's a fake but they don't say it's real either, but I've seen this X ray on another site and they say it's not a fake........it's all down to weather you believe the people who run the site or not, I don't have any medical training so I'll bow to those who do.
 
Gee Ollie, I would then think that my two projections, ninety degrees apart in the patient with a hip replacement was obviously the genuine article.

As for all the pix that were taken from The Butt Page (the other pix that are demonstrated here), a great many of those were submitted by a doc that I worked with.

As far as faking the x-rays--you should know as well as any other professional person that imaging people just for grins is unethical and unacceptable. There is no need to fake an x-ray like the ones shown here. (Besides, for someone who is faking one, how would they know the position to place the item in? Those angles are mighty hard to reproduce--ie, the angle on the Tabasco bottle where it is obviously angled both superioranterior and slightly lateral.

In other words, if you think you know a bit, don't go proving how little it is by trying to grow that little bit into dinosaur sized bullshit.
 
haha.

Easy, baby. Don't get your panties in a wad here. I'm not calling you a fake. Some of those were real. Where exactly did I accuse you of posting fakes? I was referring to a number of the x-rays on this thread.

geez.

Some films posted on the thread aren't legit. You even said so yourself. and since when did the entire medical profession abide by a code of ethics and professionalism? LOL (not that they would've had to. It's obviously possible to x-ray willing non-patients or co-conspirators)

I don't need to prove myself to you or anyone else. Get off your high horse.

have a nice day. :)

(I liked the dinosaur comment, though) ;)
 
Last edited:
BlondGirl:
"Are "we" feeling a bit bitchy today?"
I see a thread titled 'rectal foreign bodies'. I think 'why do people start threads like that?', so I post just that question.

Don't you think you should make sure you're being attacked before calling the other person 'bitchy'? Personally, I dislike the use of obscenities - I know, I know, now I'm being the overly sensitive one.
I'm sorry you viewed my post as being bitchy, I wasn't trying to be. I mean, it's not like I saw your name and said, 'Oh, how can I piss her off tonight?'

Anyways, consider the question respectfully withdrawn. The next time I wonder aloud I'll carefully choose my words as I usually do - I simply forgot how easily meaning can be misconstrued in this medium.

I meant no disrespect to you, or your thread.
 
Back
Top