Real Stories....

I still don't get the fascination with "true" stories. Honestly.

I think the answer lies in POV. If the story happens to me, then I'm actually speaking to you personally about myself. If the story is third person it requires a bit more effort to actually engage.

First person is a lot more passive, third person you have to invest some imagination.

Which might possibly be also the difference between the book and the movie.
 
I should have been more clear. I prefer stories that are true with the least amount of embellishment as possible. I really enjoy the loving wives and erotic couplings stories.

Yes I know real events need to be spiced up a bit, but some authors go a bit overboard and for me personally it takes away from the excitement I get from reading these stories.

Thank you for everyone that post to help me.
 
I should have been more clear. I prefer stories that are true with the least amount of embellishment as possible. I really enjoy the loving wives and erotic couplings stories.

Yes I know real events need to be spiced up a bit, but some authors go a bit overboard and for me personally it takes away from the excitement I get from reading these stories.

Thank you for everyone that post to help me.
Thank you-- you answered my question, in this post! :)

What do you mean when you say overboard? I know of several excesses that I don't like. Huge penises, and screaming "I'm cuuuummmminnnngggg!" are overboard details for me that totally turn my damper down.

On the other hand, a story set in a fantastical place with winged humans making love can seem very realistic if the characters are believable...

I don't know if you are in the mood to work this out with me, though...:eek:
 
Stella,

Yes I do not like the fact that in most stories the man has a huge penis, it started out as a card game, blah blah blah. It just seems that there are a lot of common themes and I'm not saying nothing bad against the Authors, but I prefer to read different stories of different themes dealing with events that could have actually transpired the why the Author described them in their story.

I really like the cheating wives themed stories, but why does the Husband always have to find the wife and realize how much he likes this now he is a Cuckold? Why not he she had a hot time and he never knew about it? I know there are many stories written like that and I have enjoyed several of them.

Maybe I'm just being to picky I don't know.

I would like to say to all Authors that I am not criticizing any of you in any way so please do not interpret my post as I am.
 
Stella,

Yes I do not like the fact that in most stories the man has a huge penis, it started out as a card game, blah blah blah. It just seems that there are a lot of common themes and I'm not saying nothing bad against the Authors, but I prefer to read different stories of different themes dealing with events that could have actually transpired the why the Author described them in their story.

I really like the cheating wives themed stories, but why does the Husband always have to find the wife and realize how much he likes this now he is a Cuckold? Why not he she had a hot time and he never knew about it? I know there are many stories written like that and I have enjoyed several of them.

Maybe I'm just being to picky I don't know.

I would like to say to all Authors that I am not criticizing any of you in any way so please do not interpret my post as I am.
One problem for the readers here, is that anyone and everyone can post a story. So, you get lots of people who just have one fantasy they jack off to, and they want to write it down. They aren't authors, so they copy something they read that they liked... the next thing you know, there's umpteen card games!

If a woman has a hot time and hubby never finds out about it-- I think that idea would scare the living crap out of a lot of men, don't you? :D
 
One problem for the readers here, is that anyone and everyone can post a story. So, you get lots of people who just have one fantasy they jack off to, and they want to write it down. They aren't authors, so they copy something they read that they liked... the next thing you know, there's umpteen card games!

If a woman has a hot time and hubby never finds out about it-- I think that idea would scare the living crap out of a lot of men, don't you? :D

That would all depend on whether she had a hotter time than she does with him. If its a question of "not better, just different" then more men could deal with that. After all, that's what I suspect is the reason behind flings and one-night stands. Affairs might be another deal.
 
That would all depend on whether she had a hotter time than she does with him. If its a question of "not better, just different" then more men could deal with that. After all, that's what I suspect is the reason behind flings and one-night stands. Affairs might be another deal.
I think the dudes that love cuckolding stories, though.. It's all about them, and their own humiliation and/or revenge, not about the woman at all; and if he never learns she's been unfaithful, it's not about him.
 
I think the dudes that love cuckolding stories, though.. It's all about them, and their own humiliation and/or revenge, not about the woman at all; and if he never learns she's been unfaithful, it's not about him.

Could be. I only wrote one LW story and even though it was decently rated, I'm put off the subject by all the truly weird comments I got. It's like some readers didn't want the husband to win at all. Are those guys looking for a sense of superiority thinking that such humiliation could never happen to them? Not a positive attitude, methinks.
 
Could be. I only wrote one LW story and even though it was decently rated, I'm put off the subject by all the truly weird comments I got. It's like some readers didn't want the husband to win at all. Are those guys looking for a sense of superiority thinking that such humiliation could never happen to them? Not a positive attitude, methinks.
It's all so... Freudian...
 
It's all so... Freudian...

Doesn't that just make your skin crawl? Three great influences from the 19th Century, Darwin, Marx and Freud and only one of them was right. The latter two were jerks but people still act like they knew something. Yuck!
 
Now see I've had the completely different reaction to the couple of LW stories I have written.

Comments like these:

The husband is a wimp and the bitch should be shot... or

I hope the bitch get pregnant... or

I hope she catches AID's or some other incurable disease.
 
MrMrs05 - I share your fascination with real-life scenarios vs. stylized porn. If you are still around in a month or so, it might be a good idea for you to bump this thread, at which time I could PM you with stories of mine that will, hopefully, be posted by then. (I have several posted now, but Loving Wives they ain't - more like Unlovable Losers.)

For me, the most interesting aspect of erotica is human frailty, which can be comedic, or tragic, depending on how it plays out. In real life, swingers are a very small percentage of the general population. For most couples, an affair leads to much drama and heartache, with the dissolution of the relationship a logical conclusion. This, to me, is much more interesting than the scenario of the mindless couple who fuck everyone on their block with no consequences. I want to be moved by a story. Sex doesn't move me - emotions do.

Good luck with your search.

D
 
Now see I've had the completely different reaction to the couple of LW stories I have written.

Comments like these:

The husband is a wimp and the bitch should be shot... or

I hope the bitch get pregnant... or

I hope she catches AID's or some other incurable disease.
And they really do hope that, too. :(
 
I love to read a great erotic story to get me going, however, I would like to read real stories only. Please let me know if your an Author and you write real stories, I would love to read them.

Thanks
I'm afraid I'm only an author - no capital - because I seem to have too little imagination to invent stuff from scratch. All of mine, links below, are based on real life experience. I say "based on" because the outcome was always far more mundane than I have pretended. In real life, I'm a sad, depressed, frustrated, dirty old man who doesn't get any. I hope the stories are a little more upbeat than that...

Actually, I think that's just a different way to express the same thoughts offered by several others. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top