Rant of the day šŸ’„

I do remember this being an issue but recently Iā€™ve noticed they do seem to sell the buns in 8pks
But the buns that are the right size for regular hot dogs are mostly crappy. The good buns are all larger, for brats or longer hot dogs.

See it from the other side! You can fit sooooo many condiments in there šŸ¤¤ Load that bad boy up with roasted onions, some bostongurka, diced jalapeƱos and baby, you've got yourself a party!
Nooooo. Read the original rant! If I wanted more condiments (which I do, I love putting all sorts of stuff on them) I want a wider bun, not longer!! I donā€™t want bites of just condiment in bun.

Also, that link looks like pickle relish? I love me some pickle relish. Though Iā€™m not a fan, sensory wise, of mustard seeds.

Nooooo. Read the original rant! If I wanted more condiments (which I do, I love putting all sorts of stuff on them) I want a wider bun, not longer!! I donā€™t want bites of just condiment in bun.
Eep. I confess to skimming it. I blame it being midnight. I don't mind pure condiment bites at all though, some times I just skip the sausage alltogether šŸ˜

Also, that link looks like pickle relish? I love me some pickle relish. Though Iā€™m not a fan, sensory wise, of mustard seeds.
More or less! It's a bit different, but I couldn't tell you in what way. Love mustard, and it usually has stuff like paprika in it too. Not sure if that's in pickle relish. Fantastic either way šŸ¤¤

This is also true with me... Maybe it's a Canadian thing?

*Edit. Should have fucking read the whole thing before commenting.
We also have packages of buns in 8 count or 12 count.

Hot dog packages are pretty much always a 12 count (unless you buy them fancy ones)

So if @crazychemgirl doesnā€™t have those options in her grocery stores, just where in the small town west coast part of Canada, eh, do you live in? šŸ˜œ

I feel like this conversation has completely missed the most important topic - how the buns are split. Obviously there is a correct way, and then there is the way that the rest of the heathen universe splits their hot dog buns.

IMG_1352.jpeg

Back