Prayers Please

The good news is that someone only 10 years old can recuperate very well.

Fingers crossed.
 
Its been a long day waiting to find out what the Doctors had to say about my Granddaughter. It was not the news we had hope to here. They still don't have a name for the type cancer Jamie has, all we know is it is some kind of muscle cancer. They are now sending the tumor to New York for testing.

For now Jamie goes back into surgery in the morning to have what was left of the tumor removed. They are also going to test her bones and bone marrow to see if it the cancer has spread.

At lest this is what I think I heard, I kind of was in shock at hearing they where going back in to remove more and this was a type of cancer the Doctor had never seen.
 
Its been a long day waiting to find out what the Doctors had to say about my Granddaughter. It was not the news we had hope to here. They still don't have a name for the type cancer Jamie has, all we know is it is some kind of muscle cancer. They are now sending the tumor to New York for testing.

For now Jamie goes back into surgery in the morning to have what was left of the tumor removed. They are also going to test her bones and bone marrow to see if it the cancer has spread.

At lest this is what I think I heard, I kind of was in shock at hearing they where going back in to remove more and this was a type of cancer the Doctor had never seen.

Your family is in our thoughts.

:rose:
 
Update: Good news and bad news is the only way I know how to look at yesterdays surgery. They did remover more stuff we wont know until the lab results come back if the doctor was able to get it all. The good news was that he did not have to go in to her abdominal wall as deep as frist thought. If the Doctor had to go as deep as he told us he might have to go he would have had to put some kind of mesh in her abdominal cavity to help support it after cutting the abdominal muscle. So we are now back to wait and see and Jamie is hurting today, But that will soon pass when she gets her Meds.
 
I am keeping good thoughts for her. As someone said, ten year olds are very resilient. Believe that she will be well. Try not to let the fear take over. :rose:
 
We got the test back on the bone marrow and they came back Negative. So that a good sign. They are doing anouther test checking her I'll never get this right, lipnods glads to see if there is any cancer there. Yesterday she went to the day room with the other kids and made some new friends.

I'll tell you that is a hard room to go into. To see all these kids sick with cancer and in differnt stages. it tears at your hart. You just want to hold them all in your arms and keep them safe.
 
Excellent news on the bone marrow results. :)

Lymph nodes - if the cancer isn't found there then it is in very early stages - excellent prognosis!

And blessings on all the children dealing with serious illnesses. :rose:
 
Back
Top