part 11 of the China Pearl Inn

I stir from my old leather chair by the hearth and yawn.

Cait is that you? I just closed
my eyes for a moment and drifted off into a sound sleep. So how are you and yours?
There you are! You had me a bit worried there for a moment. :rose:

Thanks for that Cait. I am still muddling through though my back is giving me the devil of a time. My advice sweet Miss is don't jump out of perfectly good planes. ;)

Thanks for that Cait. I am still muddling through though my back is giving me the devil of a time. My advice sweet Miss is don't jump out of perfectly good planes. ;)
*she gasped* You didn't, did you? Oh, trust me... jumping out of a plane isn't even on my bucket list.

Well it was kind of required at the time Cait. But I am glad to say those days are over. Jumping out of perfect good planes should be on no one's bucket, I agree with you. That said the fall is great it is just the landing; one is hard on your body. The other let's just say is terminal. :eek:

Well it was kind of required at the time Cait. But I am glad to say those days are over. Jumping out of perfect good planes should be on no one's bucket, I agree with you. That said the fall is great it is just the landing; one is hard on your body. The other let's just say is terminal. :eek:
Truth there. I can only imagine the jolt it does to your spine. Not pleasant, I'm sure.

True Cait and the landing is rough on you as well. Ah the things we do when we are young and think we are indestructible. ;)

Leaves a note in Cait's mailbox at the bar.

He pours himself a cup of coffee with a shot of bourbon

Relaxes and orders a large bowl of Raman.

Phoo Ming brings Jack his bowl of Raman. Phoo muttering that Dim Sum is better but that is because he prefers Chinese cuisine to Japanese.

Morning Jack how goes your day? Mine is slow as we due an imitation of late winter or early Spring.

I pour a mug of coffee laced with dark rum.

Nods to the unpleasant Asian gentleman and enjoys his large bowl of soup.

The day went well enough, apart from some rain. Finally got to step away from some of my more mundane duties of life.

Phoo Ming is a bit grumpy but an excellent Chef. Jack you may have noticed he is quite opinionated.

Jack I am happy I no longer have to deal with niggeling mundane duties anymore and can devote myself to fine whiskeys and vintage wines. :devil: ish :)

Yes, service with a smile isn't something some feel is necessary for their culinary work.

Well, I'm glad for your situation. I'm a long way off from embracing that, but hopefully, I'll get there in time.

Jack they say all good things to those who wait. I feel that is a yes and a no. :devilish::giggle:

Yes, service with a smile isn't something some feel is necessary for their culinary work.

Well, I'm glad for your situation. I'm a long way off from embracing that, but hopefully, I'll get there in time.
You'll get there faster than you think, JH. You can bet on the stars about that.

On another side of the coin, I'm doing much better. I can finally sit down at my desk, maybe not all day but long enough to try and hammer out some posts I owe.

Glad to see your doing better Cait and can get a couple of posts done.
I pass her a coffee laced with brandy.

To inspire your muse Miss.

Your most welcome Cait. I kiss the tip of her nose.

Jack how goes your day?

Sounds like a peaceful day Jack. The only thing I have done today is mow the lawn and some posts.

So, what have you been doing today, CG? Raising a glass perhaps? We went out to pay our respects to Dryfter's grandfather the Colonel. Dodged the raging storm, thank heavens. I finished my day with cooking some burgers on the grill. Just got done and felt some raindrops. Now, it's time to relax, rest and take meds.

Cait sounds like you had a much more pleasant and productive day than I did. I have been nursing my back and being lazy. ;)

Cait sounds like you had a much more pleasant and productive day than I did. I have been nursing my back and being lazy. ;)
Oh my, CG! My lower back isn't in good shape either, but it's allowing me to move around. There's nothing wrong with being lazy. That's what I did all day yesterday. Tomorrow, it's back to work. No rest for the wicked. :devil:

It would be best if you had many more soft cushions so Cait could rest here while she gets a drink.

Back