OK Einsteins...Debate This Topic...

Lets Say...

Ya had three witnesses who say they saw the balloon and the defense had three witnesses that swear there was never a balloon...

Was there a balloon or not...

~i~
 
KID ROCK1:
"For example, if I said, "The balloon exists" and someone else said "The balloon does not exist", which side would have to prove theirs?"

Both sides have to offer proof.
Why? Because if I can't prove that a ballon exists that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and if I can't prove that a ballon doesn't exist that doesn't mean that a ballon exists.
(Forgive me for all the double negatives)

Anytime someone offers something as a fact they have to be willing to support that fact, either through material evidence, ('Exists' could bonk the other person over the head with the ballon), or logical argument ('Non-exist' could point out that the ballon only appears to exist for an hour everyday which is inconsistant with an actually existing ballon).

Whomever makes a statement and offers it as anything other than opinion must reasonably 'prove' that statement.

~Which is why athiests are full of themselves~

*runs from thread before the fighting begins*
 
I think therefore I am........

is a bogus statement.

It makes the assumption that the person "I" is not a figment of imagination, or "a bit of bad beef." ;)

There has already been conjecture (elsewhere) that the universe, as we know it, is a story in the mind of another being and he, also, is a figment, etc. ad nauseum. :p

Let me ask you this, where were you when the ballon went up? EH? :confused:
 
Re: Re: OK Einsteins...Debate This Topic...

Never said:

Whomever makes a statement and offers it as anything other than opinion must reasonably 'prove' that statement.

Which means there's no balloon unless you're looking at it. Again - prove the balloon. You can't say there definitely ISN'T a balloon. But you DEFINITELY can't say there IS one - unless you HAVE the proof.


And Kid, it doesn't matter what 3 people from EITHER side 'say'. They need to deliver proof. Bada-bing.
 
Re: Re: OK Einsteins...Debate This Topic...

Never said:

~Which is why athiests are full of themselves~


So I am the center of your universe?
 
freakygurl32 said:


me too! :) a red one.. please

~~You and I in a little toy shop.
Bye a bag of balloons wtih the money we've got.
Set them free at the brake of dawn.
Till One by one and they were gone.
Back at base sparks in the software flash the message someones out there.
Floating in the summer sky 99 Red Balloon's go by.~~


Don't mind me i'm borde :D
 
Last edited:
Angel:
"So I am the center of your universe?"


I can't prove it but I have a resonable argument to support the statement that 'Angel is the center of my universe'.



Oh, first HardKore BlowJob and now yatiyati.
lavender, you seem to attract the most interesting males, what's your secret?
 
Re: Lets Say...

KID ROCK1 said:
Ya had three witnesses who say they saw the balloon and the defense had three witnesses that swear there was never a balloon...

Was there a balloon or not...
Given just that information, I would lean towards no balloon. The side asserting the existence of the balloon would have to provide more compelling evidence - physical evidence, or independent confirmation of the testimony (a photograph, lab results of the powdery residue from the inside of the balloon left at the scene, etc.).

Compare your balloon example it to a murder case. Three people testify the defendant killed the victim. Three people testify that the defendant was no where near the scene of the crime. Without further proof, the prosecution's case does not meet its burden of persuasion.
 
Back
Top