Nerd Power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm going to say goodnight, Lady Reiha. I have to work in the morning.

It was nice chatting with you!
 
Hello again!
Stick around some time. We're always looking to increase the sexy population.

Excuse me folks, but I am here on official business.
A Mr. Asmodeus would like to speak with this... Basement Cat for a moment.
I have been instructed to deliver a cease and desist notice for the illicit poaching of human souls in this nerd preserve.
Mr Asmodeus would also like to say that, in fact, Basement Cat is a wimp.

Has anyone here tried the text message ChaCha question answering thing?
http://chacha.com/. It's worth the texting fees.
Yes, I'm trying to get a job with them.
Yes, I'm that much of a whore.

Mr. A Modium can cease and desist all he wants, but Basement Cat'll pee on his pillow.

And last I checked Wimp still trumps Nerd.:devil:
 
Your welcome.. there's also this one too that I found (It also somehow jumped into the box of DVD's we get in the mail from our Distributor):

http://moldavan.net/uploads/posts/2008-05/1209936519_a5d63d456426.jpg


It says It's inspired Indiana Jones... except....it came straight to DVD in 2008...

It says it's from the story that inspired Indiana Jones. According to the infallible storehouse of internet knowledge, Wikipedia, Allan Quartermain was written in 1885 (Sean Connery has played the character once, making this all wonderfully meta):D

So, I didn't sleep hardly at all last night, and then today I basically crashed as soon as I got home from running errands after school. Slept from 6PM until 1AM, I feel wonderfully rested and refreshed... and also, I have nobody to talk to o_O
 
<rant>

Holy crap, where do they find these people??

I mean, I'm a nerd and I know it, and I don't expect everyone to be as nerdy or geeky as I am. But I do expect just a minimum amount of expertise. A minimum, that's all I ask.

I got stuck working the help desk today. I get to do that one day a week, we rotate the job among the people in my department. So today was my day, and I really hate doing this because I have to actually deal with people, but whatever, it's my turn, and it's only one day a week.

Now, mind you, this is not a help desk that deals with customers out there in the real world. This is an internal help desk, for employees of the company who are having issues with their computers, or with accessing the data that they need to do their jobs. These are people who sit in front of monitors and use keyboards all day.

So, I get a call about a half hour before lunch break. The girl says she's having trouble accessing her customer records, she can't get any kind of report, either generic or custom. So, I told her to close everything down on her screen, and then to click the "Reports" icon. Simple enough, right?

I swear to jumping Jesus on a stick, cross my heart, hope to die, may my Mom keel over dead this moment if I'm lying, this girl said to me:

"The what?"

"The 'Reports' icon," rolling my eyes.

"I don't have one of those."

Oh, my, GOD. (Every desktop on every computer in the company has a "Reports" icon.)

"Well, how do you usually open your 'Reports' screen?"

Are you ready? Can you see this coming?

"Oh! I just click on that little picture thingy that has the big 'R' on it."

An hour and forty-five minutes later, I was finally able to get away from the desk and go eat lunch. What I wanted to do was walk out, go to a bar, and get drunk.

That little picture thingy.

That fucking little picture thingy that has the big fucking "R" on it!!

What the FUCK??? Where do they find these people? An even more interesting question might be, "How do these morons survive out there??" Someone actually had to hire this person! This girl had to take a TEST!! On a COMPUTER!! And she doesn't know what the word "icon" means when we're discussing computer issues??

Basement Cat, I have a hit job for you. I have access to LOTS of tuna as payment for your services......

And as for you, little Miss Airhead, I have something for you, while you wait to meet Basement Cat:

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp21/NothingButTruth/proceed.jpg

Choose carefully, Sweetie......

</rant>
 
NIIICE!!!

Oh! Has anyone seen that new show, "My Own Worst Enemy," with Christian Slater? It's pretty awesome.....
 
Max Payne looks good just wish they had used the guy from RE...the one who later becomes nemesis. Dude scarily looks like Max Payne.

Anyone seen Dead Space yet? Holy Jesus I played 2 hours of it broad daylight, lights on and I was freaked out. Can't wait to try it at night.
 
You mean Waka and 4chan if so yes I do I am regular on 4chan.

There's a whole bunch of them, actually.

Somewhere on the computer I have a link to something called all chans, or something like that. It has a list of all the chans out there. I got caught up in that place one night, downloading all kinds of stuff for hours!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top