Multiple projects

Madisonn3

Novice explorer
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Posts
52
Do you have multiple stories that you are working on?
I have three unfinished stories in the making.
One for the Halloween contest that I hope to finish today or tomorrow. And two other stories
I feel kind of guilty towards myself for not finishing one project before moving on to another. And sometimes my ADHD brain get a little overwhelmed by it.
But sometimes I get an Idea and end up starting something new.
I also have a bunch of ideas and fragments of stories that may or may not make it into a story.

Sorry, just wanted to vent a bit. I have two stories open on my PC right now and are writing on both of them lol.
 
I've got a few at various stages of life. It helps sometimes when I get stuck on one, I move to another for a change.

Everything sits in Google docs so I can do a bit here and there when I get some inspiration.
 
Do you have multiple stories that you are working on?
Yes.

I try to focus on one main project at a time, but switch to another if I get stuck. At the moment, things are a bit out of hand, and I have ten ranging from almost complete, two about half done, and the rest one-page stubs, plus a a dozen more that are only titles.Pipeline.png
 
Last edited:
I have maybe 5 or 6 open WIPs, and some of them might even get finished at some point, who knows?

I try very hard not to work on more than one at a time though, with the exception of contests and challenges, where there are deadlines, or if something becomes more compelling than my current project, at which point, I'll switch fully to that before continuing with the original. Voice in my stories can vary quite heavily, so to avoid cross-contamination, I keep my blinders on and try to just work on one thing at a time. It's why it takes me a couple days to reset between projects, I need to flush the voice or else it risks creeping in. For people who write consistent voice, it's less of a problem, though.
 
Yes.

I try to focus on one main project at a time, but switch to another if I get stuck. At the moment, things are a bit out of hand, and I have ten ranging from almost complete, two about half done, and the rest one-page stubs, plus a a dozen more that are only titles.View attachment 2689525
I know this might seem over the top, but it helps me prioritise and focus.
 
How many of those are still in progress?
Besides one or two that should be moved to the "Dead ends and false starts" folder, pretty much all of them get some attention from time to time. When a story is finished, it's moved to "Completed and published".
Roll for psychic damage 4d20 + 100.

MAX DAMAGE!
That psychic blast is probably how our brains ended up being melded into one.
 
1000021581.pngI have at least 30 drafts on my phone, of various stories destined for Lit. Sometimes when I'm not feeling it for expanding one story, starting another is a fun change. At the moment I have two works that are insisting on becoming novels, however much I didn't plan on that, so nice to work on something short occasionally.
 
According to my story-side profile, slightly updated.

Stuff I've actually added to in the last week:
"Beast" now about 45,000 words, in revisions. (Epic fantasy)
"Shiny and New" - 27,000 words into first draft. (Slow-burn lesbian romance)
Owned (Series) (Continuation of previous series, Liz's odyssey in a world of legal slavery):
  • "Owner" - first draft complete, 16,311 words
  • "Slave Breakers: Welcome to Hell" - first draft complete, 20,655 words
  • "New Growth" - first draft complete, 17,690 words
  • "Painted Lily and Perfumed Violet" - Liz finally, at long last, reaches my original plot for Chapter 2. 15,000 words, maybe 85% finished with first draft.
  • "Poetic Justice", a side-story of Liz's long saga. Now at 10,692 words. Roughly 50% of first draft. This one has been tough for me to write.
Not actively being written at the moment:
"Under Her Wing" - 35% (Historical drama, paused)
"Sister of Mercy" - outline only (Thin-plotted medical stuff, paused)
"Contest" - 4000+ words (Side-story to my Pranked series .. which is a side-story to my first story, "Coffee with Blushes")
 
Back
Top