Motivation....

lol...all kind of uses + maple syrup

Ooooh.. maple syrup...

Think about your readers. Don't you care? *he asks with sad little puppy dog eyes* We need you! Isn't that what its all about?

Just pick one story and go to work. Your fans are waiting!

Put your hands up and step away from the bong.

:D


I like this kind of motivation.. now if only you had a whip.
 
Put your hands up and step away from the bong.

:D


I like this kind of motivation.. now if only you had a whip.[/QUOTE]

Will a spanking work for you? *he stares intenly at the computer screen, hoping for a favorable answer* :devil:
 
Last edited:
Put your hands up and step away from the bong.

:D


I like this kind of motivation.. now if only you had a whip.

Will a spanking work for you. *he stares intenly at the computer screen, hoping for a favorable answer* :devil:[/QUOTE]


Right now a fire extinquisher would work! I just burnt my damn toast!!!!!!!!!

I gotta go and air out my kitchen.... :mad:
 
Will a spanking work for you. *he stares intenly at the computer screen, hoping for a favorable answer* :devil:


Right now a fire extinquisher would work! I just burnt my damn toast!!!!!!!!!

I gotta go and air out my kitchen.... :mad:[/QUOTE]

Oh my God! Beautiful, and she cooks too! :devil:
 
Hello Authors!

It's been awhile..and I wanted to say HI!!!! give out hugs and kisses...but mostly needed some advice.

I hit a block. Not so much writing, but a motivational block. I have the words, I have the ideas, but I just don't have the motivation to put it all down on virtual "paper".

3 stories half finished. As I lay in bed, I continue with chapters in my head and then squash them.

Are there exercises I can do to make me excited about writing again? What do you do when you get this way...or, have you ever gotten this way and how long does it last?

:kiss:

I find that all the ingredients and the environment need to be in sync for the work to ripen.

Applying ass to chair and fingers to keyboard doesnt work for me. It creates mediocrity in the form of making a so-so story from a not so hot first draft. Remainder sales are full of mediocrity.


Let it ferment THEN distill it.
 
Right now a fire extinquisher would work! I just burnt my damn toast!!!!!!!!!

I gotta go and air out my kitchen.... :mad:

Oh my God! Beautiful, and she cooks too! :devil:[/QUOTE]

Hey, when I cook.. I really cook.

I find that all the ingredients and the environment need to be in sync for the work to ripen.

Applying ass to chair and fingers to keyboard doesnt work for me. It creates mediocrity in the form of making a so-so story from a not so hot first draft. Remainder sales are full of mediocrity.


Let it ferment THEN distill it.


Oh..get drunk on writing stories...

Good advice..thank you!
 
Hello Authors!

It's been awhile..and I wanted to say HI!!!! give out hugs and kisses...but mostly needed some advice.

I hit a block. Not so much writing, but a motivational block. I have the words, I have the ideas, but I just don't have the motivation to put it all down on virtual "paper".

3 stories half finished. As I lay in bed, I continue with chapters in my head and then squash them.

Are there exercises I can do to make me excited about writing again? What do you do when you get this way...or, have you ever gotten this way and how long does it last?

:kiss:


Exercises? No, I dont think so. Motivation is more about desire and attitude than anything else I think. You have to want to write. It happens to me, and it last from a few days to a couple months. What gets me out of it is usually meeting someone new online (virtually of course) or talking with someone I already knew, about new things. Flirting around with someone I had not before, and that sort of thing. That is what usually brings new and fresh idead and motivations to me. But I think, mostly, it boils down to attitude. I always find it easier to write, when I am happiest...if that makes sense.
 
Hey Honey. Missed you. Hope you're doing better. :rose:

I can't say I have any advice at the moment. I'm feeling similar to you, though it's not motivation that's keeping me from writing, it's time.

The best thing I can recommend that's helped me in the past are prompts. I'd get so excited at the prospects of how a simple image could generate a story that I couldn't wait to write. There are books like The Writer's Block that have jump start images, words, and ideas.

:heart:
 
Exercises? No, I dont think so. Motivation is more about desire and attitude than anything else I think. You have to want to write. It happens to me, and it last from a few days to a couple months. What gets me out of it is usually meeting someone new online (virtually of course) or talking with someone I already knew, about new things. Flirting around with someone I had not before, and that sort of thing. That is what usually brings new and fresh idead and motivations to me. But I think, mostly, it boils down to attitude. I always find it easier to write, when I am happiest...if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense, actually! Thank you, Ron!!!
 
Hey Honey. Missed you. Hope you're doing better. :rose:

I can't say I have any advice at the moment. I'm feeling similar to you, though it's not motivation that's keeping me from writing, it's time.

The best thing I can recommend that's helped me in the past are prompts. I'd get so excited at the prospects of how a simple image could generate a story that I couldn't wait to write. There are books like The Writer's Block that have jump start images, words, and ideas.

:heart:


Hello, hon!! {{hugs}} Are are you??? I'm doing ok...thank you!

Time is a huge issue, yes...and I know yours is alot less than mine these days. Know you are in my prayers!

An image, huh? That's an interesting idea, thank you...:rose::kiss:
 
I have no advice just wanted to come give you

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:kiss::rose::heart:
 
Sorry I missed you sweetie....

I have some exercises for you...I don't know if they will help you with writing but they may just motivate you...in one way or another. :devil:

What I do is just sit in front of the keyboard with word open and just type whatever comes to mind. Just the idea in two or three sentences. Then from there it might tickle my fancy so I add some more to it or rewrite what I have and pump it up.

I have around six little short stories - 2,000 words or less - that I'm going to put into an anthology. Most deal with the same characters and the same theme. They are just little stories about something that happens in their lives that I try to make interesting.

Maybe I'll email you one and it might motivate you. ;)

:kiss:
 
In other words, ZEB has no story to tell, but he knows how to waste time till one comes along.
 
I have no advice just wanted to come give you

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:kiss::rose::heart:

Thank you! I love hugs!! {{hugs you back}}


Sorry I missed you sweetie....

I have some exercises for you...I don't know if they will help you with writing but they may just motivate you...in one way or another. :devil:

What I do is just sit in front of the keyboard with word open and just type whatever comes to mind. Just the idea in two or three sentences. Then from there it might tickle my fancy so I add some more to it or rewrite what I have and pump it up.

I have around six little short stories - 2,000 words or less - that I'm going to put into an anthology. Most deal with the same characters and the same theme. They are just little stories about something that happens in their lives that I try to make interesting.

Maybe I'll email you one and it might motivate you. ;)

:kiss:

Thank you! that sounds good.... I'm actually helping my niece type a research paper... I know, boring, but it's got me writing.. LOL... Perhaps I do need more stimulation than motivation...although I thought they went hand in hand..and if so, I'm shit outta luck!

In other words, ZEB has no story to tell, but he knows how to waste time till one comes along.

LOL.... awww... six short stories is pretty damn good for wasting time!!! :D
 
HONEY

The bottom-line is, we piddle when we have no story to tell. All dressed up and no where to go. I think there are better/quicker ways to get stories than waiting for serendipity to happen.
 
HONEY

The bottom-line is, we piddle when we have no story to tell. All dressed up and no where to go. I think there are better/quicker ways to get stories than waiting for serendipity to happen.

really? Then share what some better/quicker ways are that you use.

Please? :eek:
 
Back
Top